New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Burden Lake  (Read 2615 times)

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Burden Lake
« on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:09 PM »
Anyone seen conditions?

Offline havejigwilltravel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Burden Lake-may try there tomorrow, Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:18 PM »
check small waters rensselaer on the reports page.

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:53 PM »
I am new to the site but all the posts re Burden looked like from years past; may have read it wrong

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2016, 06:31 PM »
It's capped over. I would guess similar to the other local ponds. 2-4 inches,  less near the channel. Good part is there are a lot of houses close by if you go swimming.

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:08 PM »
tried one of the coves on Burden this AM, approx 4" ice. no fish but got out there!

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Well-hope this weekend things go better. noticed all small city park lakes in Albany seem locked up...

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:51 PM »
How was Burden after yesterday's storm?

Offline Greg T.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2016, 12:49 PM »
There was a skim coat near shore on the third Lake but it looked a little thicker out further. Definitely not going to be ready for at least a few more days. The second lake which Kay's sit's on looked like you could walk on it . I didn't drill any holes but it looked like 2 to 3 inches. The same with the first lake. Glass Lake was open water out in front of the launch till about 60 feet out and then it was capped the rest of the way. I was just there today around noon hour.
Tight Lines and Lots of Beer

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:20 PM »
Is the dyke by Kays the only place you can park on that lake? I've notice that Averill Park has done a wonderful job of putting up no parking signs on the roads near all of the lakes. Don't try to get on Crystal lake or Crooked. I guess god only made those lakes for the home owners on them!

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Technically you are not supposed to park there either but it's usually not a problem as long as traffic and plow trucks can get through easily. Otherwise it is mostly privately owned by people who get taxed quite heavily on their waterfront property and don't want random fisherman hauling buckets of perch out through their backyards on a daily basis. Have to respect that.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:36 PM »
That's their problem if they choose to pay high waterfront property taxes. They still should not have the right to keep every one else off the water. I also pay taxes in Rensselaer county and should be able to have access to all lakes. I don't wish to go on someones property but there should be a place for access.

Offline StriperLund

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fisherman Who Hunts
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:33 PM »
I think the disgust with the Town should be more appropriately directed to the littering, pillaging, individuals, whom make a nuisance of themselves and ruin our access points that have existed for generations and on nothing more than a gentleman's understanding of don't abuse my property and don't abuse my water. If you see something say something. It's everyone's responsibility as fisherman and conservationists to clean up after one another and police ourselves. We all lost Crooked Lake because people abused the access at the Lake House, making a mess in the parking lot when Old Daley Inn came in. One too many F You's and not enough of them directed to the slobs. :tipup:
Crystal lake was ruined for most all of us too, again because of a few lazy, stupid people. Whom ever thought it was a good idea to leave a case worth of beer bottles on the Ice and in the guy's yard a few years back really screwed up a nice Lake. And when people started parking on Gettle Rd, that was the final straw because Fisherman parked on both sides of the road and on lawns. Easiest answer to that was No Parking signs put up by the Sherriff's Department. :tipup:
Remember abuse and neglect will be the end of all the fishing resources we have in Rensselaer County or, anywhere for that matter. The reality of losing Tommhannock fishing is a real thing. The reality of losing Snyder's Lake is a real thing. Both because people treat the lakes like their toilets, ashtrays, and dumpsters. Access to Kinderhook Creek, in Malden Bridge (Columbia County) is gone for the same reason, abuse and neglect of property and waterways. We should all "Take the Pledge" and freaking mean it. :tipup:
Ain't No Buddy Gots Time Fo' Dat!!!

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:47 PM »
Point well taken! I have seen the garbage that is left on the shores of the Tomhannock. It's a shame many have to suffer because of these slobs.

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2016, 07:18 AM »
Well at least 1st and 2nd Lake gotta be locked up and ready by now...

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2016, 08:30 AM »
I think the disgust with the Town should be more appropriately directed to the littering, pillaging, individuals, whom make a nuisance of themselves and ruin our access points that have existed for generations and on nothing more than a gentleman's understanding of don't abuse my property and don't abuse my water. If you see something say something. It's everyone's responsibility as fisherman and conservationists to clean up after one another and police ourselves. We all lost Crooked Lake because people abused the access at the Lake House, making a mess in the parking lot when Old Daley Inn came in. One too many F You's and not enough of them directed to the slobs. :tipup:
Crystal lake was ruined for most all of us too, again because of a few lazy, stupid people. Whom ever thought it was a good idea to leave a case worth of beer bottles on the Ice and in the guy's yard a few years back really screwed up a nice Lake. And when people started parking on Gettle Rd, that was the final straw because Fisherman parked on both sides of the road and on lawns. Easiest answer to that was No Parking signs put up by the Sherriff's Department. :tipup:
Remember abuse and neglect will be the end of all the fishing resources we have in Rensselaer County or, anywhere for that matter. The reality of losing Tommhannock fishing is a real thing. The reality of losing Snyder's Lake is a real thing. Both because people treat the lakes like their toilets, ashtrays, and dumpsters. Access to Kinderhook Creek, in Malden Bridge (Columbia County) is gone for the same reason, abuse and neglect of property and waterways. We should all "Take the Pledge" and freaking mean it. :tipup:
YOU "MUST" pick up after the kids,[this is the way they were brought up]if you want to keep fishing "there"
I do ALL the TIME, i even stop[when not going fishing] at the basic res.and pick up junk
 :'( :'( :'(
RAT
an "NO" ice fishing
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2016, 04:42 PM »
4 " of ice, caught one keeper one mini perch ::)

Offline beercap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 2016, 09:58 PM »
I'm going to try here tomorrow, anyone want to shed light on where to park? I see people mention the pizzeria, but it that allowed? Not trying to be where I'm not supposed to.

Also is there a contour map of the other middle and upper lake?

Offline kdixon

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Burden Lake
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2016, 08:27 PM »
any luck lately at this lake ?  i'd like to give it a try sometime in February

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.