New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cinci lake smithville flatts  (Read 398 times)

Offline panfisherman0625

• IceShanty Rookie
Cinci lake smithville flatts
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:33 PM »
What's the deal I heard no fishing on this lake this year you use to access it from the boy scout camp of from 41 at grass lot can you still fish here was hoping to get down soon
0514:1112

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cinci lake smithville flatts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Word has it that the homeowners on lake are having issues with people fishing the lake. The camp your referring to is a church camp. From what I hear only access would be with written permission. I guess it's being enforced. You can always go next door to Long pond. That's a state owned lake. 😁

Offline panfisherman0625

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:42 PM »
I have never fished long pond how is the fishing there any depth I should focus on and any  section in particular?
0514:1112

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:57 PM »
I get on long pond a couple times a season so I'm no expert on it but I usually park at the boat launch lot and walk straight out a couple of hundred yards. Usually never find much more than 13' of water. Lake really isn't all that deep. There are a lot of weed beds in that lake.

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Cinci - Home of the 2 ounce Perch. There are much better choices just a few miles away
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Pretty sure the rumor about enforcement of written permission on Cinci Lake is total BS. Someone got sick of having company.

We’ve always parked on Smith Kingsman Road, crossed the road and then the grassy area to the ice... BUT that same access point has two tribuaries that run into the lake, so be very careful getting onto the ice there.

If anyone asks, tell them you’re with Jesus, he owns the camp.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 06:31 PM »
I've heard there are now a ton of posted signs up. Guess the homeowners have had enough.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.