New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: south bay  (Read 2512 times)

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: south bay
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:38 AM »
most of those guys there fish for panfish, they can have them anyway. Everyone thinks they own the lakes. You will never keep guys away. If i stayed home just cause of a few bad days i would have quit a long time ago.
you got it. as long as the fish buyers keep buying it will never go away.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:01 AM »
Hello people. I have never been to South Bay as I fish for the perch in Lake George. Iv'e been told by word of mouth that the perch fishing is pretty good up there and of course I want to try it out. Looking for a spot to park the truck and take the quad out. Can anyone help me out with access points. Thank you.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:01 AM »
PM me if you need to

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:58 PM »

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Hello people. I have never been to South Bay as I fish for the perch in Lake George. Iv'e been told by word of mouth that the perch fishing is pretty good up there and of course I want to try it out. Looking for a spot to park the truck and take the quad out. Can anyone help me out with access points. Thank you.

There is plenty of parking at the South Bay public boat launch.  But if you park there and then want to head south, DON'T ATTEMPT TO DRIVE YOUR QUAD UNDER THE ROUTE 22 BRIDGE!  There is a an opening in the guard rails on the southwest edge of the bridge where you can get out on the ice from Rt.22 on the south side of the bridge.

If you head north from the public launch, I would also not drive a quad under the railroad trestle.  I'm not positive, but I believe this is a dangerous spot for thin ice.  Maybe someone else will chime in about ice conditions there...

Tight lines,
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.