New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: propane bottles wd-40 and tip up thread  (Read 6313 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: propane bottles wd-40 and tip up thread
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:06 AM »
  Trapper doesn't need spell check,  He spend's most of his time in the wood's..  Critter's speak there own langwidge..

you know  in  all  honesty  i  do  get to  spend   alot  of  time  hunting  fishing  and  trapping , i relly  think  the  good  lord  took  a  special  liking  to  me   ;D

plus  i love  to  laugh  and  thats  what  this  thread  is  really  about  ....

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:25 AM »
You are a lucky man. After careful analysis of this thread,  have come to the conclusion that many of us need ice. After myb infamous science career, I at least learned that sucking the air out and reducing pressure will work!
What we need is a good old fashioned asteroid - say - hitting D.C.  As it passes, it should reduce the pressure low enough to freeze just about everything. Plus, it will make one hell of a nifty hole in the ground filled with dinosaurs. And, who doesn't love dinosaurs ;D

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #32 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:32 AM »
you guys forgot about dogs, especially barking dogs...
"your best friend is not my friend"...

Oh that's my favorite!!!! Nothing like spending a nice relaxing day on the ice with your lab barking at me the entire 4 hours on ice. Maybe his feet are just cold and he wants to come in with his owner!!!! Just a thought.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Almost forgot the most favorite on anyone's list. Make sure that if u bring a friend ice fishing for the first time u bring an extra machine so when he gets bored he can see how much fun it is to do donuts on the ice. Don't worry it doesn't bother the fish they don't have ears.... And it's ok u drive as fast as your machine can possibly go threw my set of tipups!!! It brings the fish in closer to me&@&&$&" thank you

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2013, 11:25 AM »
funny  you  bring  up  the  barking  dog  .....  i  have  found  when people  let  their  dogs  wonder  those  dogs  often look  for  food  ....  the  generic  ex  lax  is  cheap  and  dogs  love  the  chocolate  flavor .....  oh  yes  time  this  just  right  to kick in   as  they  drive  mans  best  friend  home!  ........

snowmobiles  ....no problem  again  ....paint  ball  guns  .....lets  play  !!!!!  i'm   fairly good  at  leading  some   moron   20  foot  as  he  runs  threw  tip  ups .....  no  problem  the  paint is  non  toxic  and  wshes  off  ......  of  course  getting  back  to the  venturi  effect  if  the  paintball  freezes  i  ssume  damage  could  in  fact  ocure

the  astriod   i like! 

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 28, 2013, 11:26 AM »
funny  you  bring  up  the  barking  dog  .....  i  have  found  when people  let  their  dogs  wonder  those  dogs  often look  for  food  ....  the  generic  ex  lax  is  cheap  and  dogs  love  the  chocolate  flavor .....  oh  yes  time  this  just  right  to kick in   as  they  drive  mans  best  friend  home!  ........

snowmobiles  ....no problem  again  ....paint  ball  guns  .....lets  play  !!!!!  i'm   fairly good  at  leading  some   moron   20  foot  as  he  runs  threw  tip  ups .....  no  problem  the  paint is  non  toxic  and  wshes  off  ......  of  course  getting  back  to the  venturi  effect  if  the  paintball  freezes  i  ssume  damage  could  in  fact  ocure

the  astriod   i like!

Not to mention th plastic from the balls should bio degrade in about 500 years so no harm no foul:):::):):)

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2013, 11:30 AM »
  Thank's trap,  Cat just got a hot tea bath..
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2013, 01:01 PM »
I've been busy designing a production furling machine Trap. ;) ;) Too busy for this nonsense...till now.

Dogs....I love dogs....y'all can have all of them you like. They're good for the economy. When they come jumping up on me, or lifting a leg on my Commando, or sticking their heads in my bait bucket or their nose in my .....well you get the point......expect them to get the instructional portion of my boot square in the .......well, you get the point.

Venturi effect???? Seriously???

I want to freeze a lake, not a carburetor.

Reminds me of a time when I rebuilt a boat. I put Styrofoam in the gunwales and floor for flotation. My older Brother commented that it was a good idea and that it would make the boat float higher in the water. He's a psychotherapist.  :-\

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 28, 2013, 01:44 PM »
Venturi  Wasn't he a wrestler,  Or maybe a golfer...............
How's the ice

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Wrestler turned Governor
How's the ice

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:35 PM »

Venturi effect???? Seriously???

I want to freeze a lake, not a carburetor.

RG

you  got  those  &*%%  delusions of grandeur again  boy  ......get to  your  room!....&*#&  kids!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2013, 04:30 PM »
got another question for you. If I go night fishing say 10pm and catch a limit of crappies prior to midnight and then after midnight catch another limit of crappies.... is this legal?!? It is 2 different days  ;D

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2013, 04:37 PM »
got another question for you. If I go night fishing say 10pm and catch a limit of crappies prior to midnight and then after midnight catch another limit of crappies.... is this legal?!? It is 2 different days  ;D

honestly  it  is  a  great  question  and  there  is  no  real  answer!   what i  was  told  by  a  dec  officer  !  if  you  get  a  limit  in  a  outting   then  you  are  limitted  out  to the  next  day  ....  i  find  this  a  rather  sketchy  answer  and  i  think  we  need  some  opinions  on this  one  ......  don't  worry  about  facts  people   just  toss  yer  2  cents  in  ..........  i  do  believe  random  agruements  on the  internet  are  a  stress  reliever!

to  answer  your  question  better  loudmouth  i  would  suggest  you  dump  the  first  25  call me  to meet  you  then  you  have  back  up!  i'm only  thinking  of  you ...type  of  guy  i  am

Offline freddiethej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:01 PM »
How many tip ups can I have?  Do I have to have my propane bottles marked with my name and address?  Can I spray WD-40 on my buddy heater if it doesn't warm up the pan with my sausages quick enough?  Or will that send the shelter up in flames?  Should I invest in a Vex if I don't like fish?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:05 PM »
How many tip ups can I have?  Do I have to have my propane bottles marked with my name and address?  Can I spray WD-40 on my buddy heater if it doesn't warm up the pan with my sausages quick enough?  Or will that send the shelter up in flames?  Should I invest in a Vex if I don't like fish?

5 to 15 depending  no  yes maybe no

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Should I invest in a Vex if I don't like fish?

Vex? I heard Marcum's are better... Can anyone tell me which is better Marcum or vex?

Offline partyshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG!!!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:13 AM »

Theres a limit on fish??
Some say the glass is half empty, some say half full. The Irish will forever say "You gunna drink that?"

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:47 AM »
I think you can only have 2 days limit in your possession ,2 separate days would be legal if they are not together" IE"1 limit in a cooler in a different place but I may be wrong
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:44 PM »
i'm  telling  you  right  now  if  you  get  caught  afield  with  2  days  limit  ,your  going  to  get  wrote up!  if  you  get  caught in  a   vec   with  2  days  limit  and  the    eco  has  reason  to  believe  you  got  them  in  one  day  you  will  get  wrote  up  .....   but   don't talk  my  word!!!!  actually  call   your  regional  office  and  talk  to law  enforcement  ....or  can  your  local  eco...............  will the  tickets   stick  i'm  from  oswego i  see  1000's  of  questionable  tickets  stick  every year  .......

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:05 PM »
but what flasher will get the most fish? Vex, Marcum, Hummingbird, or Lawrence

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:26 PM »
but what flasher will get the most fish? Vex, Marcum, Hummingbird, or Lawrence

Eskimo?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #51 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:54 PM »
What's better for chumming?  Catfood, eggshells, corn, or frozen drops of WD-40?
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline cooper2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:58 PM »
at what temperature does WD-40 freeze, and does it depend on wind speed???

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Which is more environmentally friendly when I fertilize the woods with dinks and pickerel or when I feed the gulls on the ice? Do you think sunken pbr cans, coors lite cans, or bud cans make for better underwater structure?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:21 PM »
What's better for chumming?  Catfood, eggshells, corn, or frozen drops of WD-40?

I  do  believe  chumming  in  fresh  water  is  illegal  ....however  I  see  othing  wrong  with  pre baiting  mink  and  muskrats  sets  with  catfood!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Which is more environmentally friendly when I fertilize the woods with dinks and pickerel or when I feed the gulls on the ice? Do you think sunken pbr cans, coors lite cans, or bud cans make for better underwater structure?

I  don't  know  but  nothing  says   icefishing  like  the  sounds  of   gulls  tearing  a  freh  pickerel  apart  on  big  bay  .......pssssst   lings  too   :whistle:

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I think glass bottles work better with the wrappers still on them:) which brings up another good qwestion non toxic antifreeze to prevent your holes from icing up or just straight charcoal???

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:25 PM »
at what temperature does WD-40 freeze, and does it depend on wind speed???

at  about  40  it   gets   sticky that's  wh  I  don't use  it  on  guns  no more

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:27 PM »
I think glass bottles work better with the wrappers still on them:) which brings up another good qwestion non toxic antifreeze to prevent your holes from icing up or just straight charcoal???

toxic  don't  you  read  nothing  boy????  ya  need  one  of  them  ice  eaters  off  lake  George 

ya  know   now  that  I  think  about  this  we  probably  shouldn't  joke  around  about  throwing  cans  and  bottles  some  anti   sportsman   tree  hugger   could  use  that  as  ammo  on  us  and   help  get  spots  posted  ...... I know   we  were  all  joking 

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #59 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:44 PM »
moonshine is less dense than water it will float in the hole not freeze and you can sip it off the hole  and begin fishing, Water still freezes at 32 degrees air temp no matter the wind chill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.