New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Neatahwanta  (Read 14095 times)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Neatahwanta
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:42 AM »
thanks for th support RKG i dont let these guys get me down. Many people fish the same waters with different results, so its no wonder that some dont believe i live maybe a quarter mile if that, right on phillips. Like i said i canoe to the lake in the spring when the Tannery is high enough. And my father grew up on Broadwell Ave in the early sixties having moved here from Sackets Harbor. I know what the lake was , is , and can be. I also talked with a friend that i graduated with, he works for Onondaga county waste water division. The same company that does testing on their water samples did a study on the lake soon after the 'dog incident'. Blue green alge was confirmed, n the problems with the lake lay solely on the surrounding farms and their runoff. The phosphorous limits are through the roofas well as sediment runoff. My relatives own the old apple orchard on 176 , Mr Mauer the retired teacher, were probably adding to the problem themselves. Good fishing there could be great again all im sayn like i said before many communities dont have a resource like that its a shame we as a community and as enviromentalists, stewards of the land if u will have let it get to this point with all the negative light cast on the lake in recent years. I remember Mr Alluzzi aka Three Little Piggies, say that they should fill it in and make useable land out of it, for what low income housing? isnt there enough of that already in this town. The amount of money it would take shouldnt matter, christ we here already pay the highest taxes in the state, why not put them to good use n revitalize a fishery that would bring business back. There just arent the people using the lake like they once did. Its a shame!

Alluzzi with another fine idea...its people like that that just blow my mind ??? Lets just fill it in and put more housing there....Really? Why not actually clean it up instead of turning down people offering it to clean it up because we are afraid of loosing a few $$$ iff the stuff sitting on the bottom if the lake ::) ???
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:06 AM »
fulton  doesn't  own  it  !!!!  most  of  the  lake  is  in granby  .....  duhhhhhhhh

catch  yer  wasting  your  time  they  own  canoes  and  live  on tannery  creek   :roflmao:

fulton   only  owns  a  small part  of  the  lake  most  is  owned  by  granby  ...now    go  look  up  eutrophic lakes ....  "it  is  what  it  is" 

i'm  still  waiting  for  the  picture  of  that  9  lb  bass   ::)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Yeah your right about most of it being in Granby, its easy to forget about....

catch  yer  wasting  your  time  they  own  canoes  and  live  on tannery  creek  ....

haha youve got a point
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #63 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:46 PM »
catch  we  need  to  get  a  plan of action  on  fishing  the  lake  this  year   ;D

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I fished it today, did a limit of black labs, and managed a few Yorkshire Terriers ;D Bite is really heating up out there guys 
It'll eat.

Offline R.K.G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I fished it today, did a limit of black labs, and managed a few Yorkshire Terriers ;D Bite is really heating up out there guys
Please don't lower yourself to the standards of the the one you're trading posts with. ::) ::)  It's neither funny or helpful, plus, you saying that you fished the lake today might make some unsuspecting kid or adult who reads your post, venture out on the lake and get hurt.   Use common sense and help free up the pages of this site from useless and senseless drivel !

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Really? RKG I must say you are a shipwreck.

...I believe everybody knows that it is a joke. The ice is unsafe here on this lake. We just received 32 1/2 inches of snow in the past 24 hours. COMPLETELY UNSAFE PEOPLE.  You probably wont be able to ice fish this lake this year for people who are curious. Anybody that wants conditions of this lake in the near future PM me and I will gladly walk down from my house and check for MOST of you
It'll eat.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #67 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Guys, I know that lack of ice, heavy snow,poor icefishing conditions is making everyone a bit gumpy, but please, lets stick to icefishing and being nice to each other.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #68 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:14 AM »
Ok, its unlocked. Enough with the grumpiness, false posts and personal attacks please.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:28 AM »
Ok, its unlocked. Enough with the grumpiness, false posts and personal attacks please.
Thank you!  ;D

I just came off the lake...second time out there this year. The other night it was black ice, no snow...but yesterday we gut 32 inches of snow!  I would have thought for sure the lake would have been deep slush today?  It wasn't.   Now there is about 10 inches of packy snow on top of 5-6 inches of black ice!  Tuci beat a good path out the mile to the crappie spot, from the willow tree, with his snowmobile. He only drew slush the first 40 yards from shore, the rest of the way is hard dry pack snow now.    Our holes got a little wet around them after awhile, nothing deep or bad.
The catching was as good as it could get! Non stop bites with the usual 3-1 ratio of dinks to keeper crappies, yellow perch, gills, and white perch...even caught two perfect eater size bullhead!
Ended up off the ice at 9 pm..filleted 11 crappies up to 13 inches, 4,  8-9 inch yellow perch, 12 gills all around 7 inches, hog dressed the two bullhead for breakfast tomorrow! Oh, and put 27 pieces of white perch cutbait in the freezer for salmon trolling bait this summer! 

Not a bad night.

We are going back again tonight...Rick, come on out!  @)

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Very bold. 45 degrees most of the evening with rain, that ice may get real weak, real fast. Be careful, but good job on the nice haul you pulled out of there

Offline ugglystick101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:47 AM »
Please don't lower yourself to the standards of the the one you're trading posts with. ::) ::)  It's neither funny or helpful, plus, you saying that you fished the lake today might make some unsuspecting kid or adult who reads your post, venture out on the lake and get hurt.   Use common sense and help free up the pages of this site from useless and senseless drivel !
Your a trouble maker on every thread Why bother post if you dont have anything good to say

Offline BlueGill92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Chief, Trapper, keep up the stuff. I personally look forward to reading most of the ice shanty forum. This isn't the report and condition forum. Everybody has there minium on ice. What they walk on. It's your own responsibility to check it yourself. Have you guys seen the guy fishing behind black clawson on the 20' of ice thats there. Does that really ever get thick enough. Went down there once, talked into it, it was maybe 3 inches with fast moving water under it. I left. Crazy peps!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:06 AM »
behind  black  clawson  ...yes  and  no  ...the  river  rises  and  drops  all  the  time  which  means  tha  ice  does  too  ...it  never truelly locks ....  i have  fished  it  but  that  was  years  ago  ,a  bluegill isn't  worth my life  ....and  thats   really  what  it  boils  down  to  little  comman  sence....  i know  in my  heart  the  ice  around  here  isn't  safe  ....  i hope  if  people  go  they  come home  ok  but  i have a  feeling  going  to be  alot  of  people  taking a  swim this  year  .....  i  decided  i'm  not  going  to  be  one  .....  sweet  insperations  opened  ....they  got  great  fish  sandwiches  and  curly  fries  ;D

Offline BlueGill92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:26 AM »
There always a boat. Ive took mine out twice this year. Once to irondequoit bay. Alot of fun I can go any day. Friday nights and sunday night i have to bowl. I bowl in fulton at lakeview lanes. Heading to st. lawerence saterday again for some ice been doing well up there. Good luck and stay dry.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:52 PM »
Sorry Mods, I will be on my best behavior from now on. Just got done grabbing a sub (salad on a bun) from Subway in Walmart. Drove by the lake again on the way back. WHAT A MESS. It has turned realy nasty and slushy.  :o
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:57 PM »
catchem  i  think  by  morning  we  could  take  my  jon boat out there !!!! and  i'm  not  joking  lol

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Sorry Mods, I will be on my best behavior from now on. Just got done grabbing a sub (salad on a bun) from Subway in Walmart. Drove by the lake again on the way back. WHAT A MESS. It has turned realy nasty and slushy.  :o

Do we call you Jared now?  :P :P :-* :-* :-*  You never were fat (that's me) just goofy looking. :P :P :P

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #78 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Hey...I've parked the bucket truck under that willow and had lunch. I get up that way sometimes.  Nice spot!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:35 PM »
It is. Im there at least once a day sitting there. Its funny how you get the regulars there everyday, reading their books, or the newspaper. There is an older feller that lives here on Broadwell Ave that is down there every day talking to a guy in a silver trail blazer.
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:37 PM »
it's  a  nice  lake  RG  i'm over  there  almost  every  day  .....  spend amany a  day  (and  night) fishing that  lake  ..... 

Offline BlueGill92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:40 AM »
I'm there alot in the spring. Last year I was at northbay camping  for the summer and had my boat at the dock. Had alot of fun on that lake. I fish the ditch for bullhead can't go wrong there.

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:50 AM »
I didn't go out there last night..Only because i had already caught my daily limit of crappies on Big Bay during the day!  ;D
But my friend Tim did go out there....

ONLY TO HAVE FULTON COPS AND FIRE AND RESCUE  >:( >:( >:(  Sit on shore flashing their lights and calling on their bullhorn for 30 minutes..then they blinded Tim with their spotlight until he stood up and walked the mile back in to shore to see what their PROBLEM was.... ::)

Well it seems SOMEBODY called them and told them the ice wasn't safe...... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: and the reporting person saw a fisherman walk out there....

Tim told the cop that there was 5 inches of ice most of the way, with areas of six inches, and if they wanted to walk back out with him and his auger, he would prove it to them, cuz he had a tape measure also.......the cops told him, NO, go ahead back out if that's the case..they were just following up on a report.

talk about a total waste of tax paying $$$'s...

Listen guys...if for some personal reason YOU don't feel the ice is safe...THAT'S YOUR DECISION.

But the rest of us are going to try to enjoy this already short season SAFELY!    ;D

WE HAVE AUGERS
WE HAVE FLOAT SUITS
WE USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM
WE CARRY ROPES AND PICKS
WE HAVE MANY MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE!
WE KNOW WHAT SAFE ICE IS AND HOW TO DETERMINE WHEN IT'S NO LONGER SAFE!

WE DON'T NEED SHORE GAWKERS TRYING TO BE HEROS BY CALLING IN A RESCUE THAT IS NOT NEEDED.

If the ice is not safe, we are not on it!

Telling us to "make sure the ice is safe"..... is like telling The Pope..."make sure you are a Catholic".    ::)

Going back out this afternoon...go ahead and call them cops again... @)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:11 AM »
chances are its not a member of this site. i know your frustrated about this, but this is not the place to take it out on. it was probably a concerned citizen ::)

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:23 AM »
chances are its not a member of this site. i know your frustrated about this, but this is not the place to take it out on. it was probably a concerned citizen ::)
Chances are it was a person "who knows in his heart" there is NO safe ice out there....... :P Maybe someone who already called in a false rescue on fishermen having a good time in the next town over earlier this week?  ;) It could be somebody who can see the lake from their bedroom window?  ;) ;D 

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 02, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Did i read the last post frome ratte correctly???the is 5-6 inches of ice on Lake Neatahwanta???And you said you caught your limit of crappie on big bay,how much ice is there???

Offline hoyt313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:15 PM »
i live on west fifth by phillips, drive by the lake every day, ive fished it once on the hard water, did ok, but by the sounds of things its a good lake to fish, with it being less than 1000 yards from my house, guess ill have to give it a shot, instead of wasting my time on the pond this year!

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:49 PM »
I didn't go out there last night..Only because i had already caught my daily limit of crappies on Big Bay during the day!  ;D
But my friend Tim did go out there....

ONLY TO HAVE FULTON COPS AND FIRE AND RESCUE  >:( >:( >:(  Sit on shore flashing their lights and calling on their bullhorn for 30 minutes..then they blinded Tim with their spotlight until he stood up and walked the mile back in to shore to see what their PROBLEM was.... ::)

Well it seems SOMEBODY called them and told them the ice wasn't safe...... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: and the reporting person saw a fisherman walk out there....

Tim told the cop that there was 5 inches of ice most of the way, with areas of six inches, and if they wanted to walk back out with him and his auger, he would prove it to them, cuz he had a tape measure also.......the cops told him, NO, go ahead back out if that's the case..they were just following up on a report.

talk about a total waste of tax paying $$$'s...

Listen guys...if for some personal reason YOU don't feel the ice is safe...THAT'S YOUR DECISION.

But the rest of us are going to try to enjoy this already short season SAFELY!    ;D

WE HAVE AUGERS
WE HAVE FLOAT SUITS
WE USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM
WE CARRY ROPES AND PICKS
WE HAVE MANY MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE!
WE KNOW WHAT SAFE ICE IS AND HOW TO DETERMINE WHEN IT'S NO LONGER SAFE!

WE DON'T NEED SHORE GAWKERS TRYING TO BE HEROS BY CALLING IN A RESCUE THAT IS NOT NEEDED.

If the ice is not safe, we are not on it!

Telling us to "make sure the ice is safe"..... is like telling The Pope..."make sure you are a Catholic".    ::)

Going back out this afternoon...go ahead and call them cops again... @)

Raate,

Stop eating those fish out of Lake N!!!, look what it is doing to you  ;D the paranoia is setting in. The members on here are too busy searching for ice to call the cops. I think it was someone who went to play ball at the War Memorial and was feared for your friends life  :)

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Did i read the last post frome ratte correctly???the is 5-6 inches of ice on Lake Neatahwanta???And you said you caught your limit of crappie on big bay,how much ice is there???
Big bay had 5 inches yesterday. I was there until dark. As were a couple dozen other guys all having a great time catching gills and crappie! I am heading out on Neathawanta in a few minutes.  ;D There has been 5-6 inches there since before the snow storm. snow is gone now, just a little water on top now. I'll take a stupid picture of the ice thickness today, hopefully to eliminate any further "helpful concerned citizens" ...or such nonsense.... ::)  I'll post it later tonight when i get off the ice!  ;)

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Raate,

I think it was someone who went to play ball at the War Memorial and was feared for your friends life  :)
;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

And i think it is the member who sends me these ....

"why  are  you  lieing ?i live  on  west  4th  street  the  lake  has   heavy  snow  cover  and   wet  spots  everywhere  ...  you  weren't  out  there  at  all  this  year  i  watch  the  lake  every  day"

Think what you want.  ;) ::) @) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.