Author Topic: Next trip the Gorge MORE PICS ADDED 2-7-18  (Read 7670 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Next trip the Gorge MORE PICS ADDED 2-7-18
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Ok here we go again with our next Adventure up to Flaming Gorge can not wait we will head out in a few weeks.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Next trip the Gorge
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:44 AM »
My wife just said “oh boy” lol. Looks like the ice is starting to get better down stream. I have to attend the Pinewood Derby with my boy, get a house payment and then it will be game on for the Gorge. Love catching those Burbot and the Lakers aren’t so bad either. Might stay a full week again as well. Stayed nine days last year and had the time of my life. See you soon, ice permitting.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:09 AM »
I'd be in for sure. That is only a 2 hour drive instead of the 9 we just did lol. This time I'd actually fish with you guys.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:28 AM »
I have to attend the Pinewood Derby with my boy, get a house payment

How does that work, I want to get a house payment from a pinewood derby? LOL

I'd be in for sure. That is only a 2 hour drive instead of the 9 we just did lol. This time I'd actually fish with you guys.

For sure, way easier drive. You definately need to fish with us. We will be camping on the ice this trip. Getting there friday morn and having rods in the water till we pack up sunday. Who knows maybe we'll get pok3 to stop in. I have been getting some intel from some peeps and putting some maps together. Its looking like we'll be upstream and I say we fish the Blacks fork this year in the place prospector got his 1st Koke thru the ice, fishon1 lost his big laker and I got those 2-29in burbs. Ill get the maps out soon. Here's some pics to jog the memories

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:54 AM »
It's going to come up quick

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Dang Matt! You sure know how to make a work day seem like forever. Those pictures make a guy want to go fishing! :thumbsup: :icefish:
Are we heading upstream on machines or are trailers a possibility? Not sure if we would have 12” of ice, but if we did my wheel house might make an appearance. Either way, the all new Otter Resort should be move in ready by then. BTW, I would rather go to work to make a living even if a guy could do it watching Pinewood Derbies.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Matt,

Would love to join all y'all if it don't coincide with my return to Cascade.  And for damn sure, I will NOT be spending the night on the ice.  The motels in Green River are much more to my liking.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Hey Bob you are welcome to come fish with our group anytime and we plan on going the Feb 2-4 coming home on the 4 of February

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Dang Matt! You sure know how to make a work day seem like forever

REALLY, you dont say. Wouldnt know how that feels  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Matt,

Would love to join all y'all if it don't coincide with my return to Cascade.  And for damn sure, I will NOT be spending the night on the ice.  The motels in Green River are much more to my liking.   ;D

For sure Bob, I'll send you over the maps and you can look them over/compare them on google maps while your on the computer having coffee. Get a good idea where we'll be at. Only bad thing is no snowmobiles here. So far. My friend was there this weekend at its holding at 7-8in of ice and absolutely no snow. Just rock and dirt to the edge of the ice. We'll have atleast 2 wheelers to move gear/people around and if your fishing multiple days you can leave your gear on the ice with us and head into town for a room at night. Its no prob

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:44 AM »
My wife just said “oh boy” lol. Looks like the ice is starting to get better down stream. I have to attend the Pinewood Derby with my boy, get a house payment and then it will be game on for the Gorge. Love catching those Burbot and the Lakers aren’t so bad either. Might stay a full week again as well. Stayed nine days last year and had the time of my life. See you soon, ice permitting.

Let me know the dates you are thinking of going Joe.  I think, with the lack of snow so far, I might just tow up the trailer and stay a couple extra days either prior or after everybody comes up.  If the weather takes a 180, I'll just camp on the ice with the rest of those crazy *****s.

SLAP

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:04 AM »
I am thinking the 1st through the 6th or 7th.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Ok so talking with Matt last night I am going to bring the trailer as long as the weather is good. So Joe there will be room for you and Ryan in it.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Ok so talking with Matt last night I am going to bring the trailer as long as the weather is good. So Joe there will be room for you and Ryan in it.
Thanks for that. I am sure that we will take you up on the offer, but we will insist on helping out with fuel/ propane. Very generous of you! Thanks again.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Anything for Joe

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Hmmm let me see, sleep on the ice or let FO1 twist my arm with the bunkhouse condo on wheels. Condo it is as long as the weather cooperates. We'll tow tandem and bring 2 wheelers. Should be good enough to move some gear around. I believe slap is bringing his trailer also
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2018, 02:11 PM »
does anyone know how much snow was dropped around the confluence area?

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:10 PM »
does anyone know how much snow was dropped around the confluence area?
According to the NOAA website today, Buckboard got 7 inches of snow so I would imagine the confluence area received similar amounts.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Thanks Glen, guess we'll see how it looks after next weekend and decide wether we're sleeping on the ice or in a trailer. 7in don't sound to bad and after it gets blown on a bit and settles it will only be a coupe inches
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:24 AM »
I am thinking the 1st through the 6th or 7th.

OK the more I talk around here it sounds like we will be there for a minimum of the 1st - 4th or 31st - 3rd.  We will try and nail down a solid plan this week.  It seems like a nice cold snap has finally arrived so hopefully it holds and gives us mucho ice thickness-O. 

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:13 PM »
What's up guys. I knew you had this planned so I figured I would head over and see how the planning process was going and maybe help.

I didn't see it mentioned so I will mention it. The "Burnot Classic" is all day and night on February 3rd. With the limited ice it will be very busy. Hopefully you guys have all
Your fish caught by then.

Also, I got the pics of your guys' tentative plans from muskyon and want to add my 2 cents. #1 - Lost Dog road (CR12) is notorious for drifting in. I've already heard reports of 4wd only with the small amount of snow we got. It likes to drift up all over that road. So any more snow and it may be impassable. Same goes for the other lightly used two tracks you guys plan on using across the blacksfork arm. Hard to tell what will happen with those if we get any more snow or lots of wind.

If I were to recommend anywhere it would be to camp on "confluence road" or "County road 11" . It's highly traveled, never drifts in, and is very easy to navigate. You can access halfway hollow and all the areas you guys have wanted to fish from that road. If you have any bigger campers I would stay up there.

I may see you guys out there. Cheers!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:42 PM »
I didn't see it mentioned so I will mention it. The "Burnot Classic" is all day and night on February 3rd. With the limited ice it will be very busy. Hopefully you guys have all Your fish caught by then.
The 'Burbot' Classic for 2018 is January 26, 27, 28.  In 2017 it was February 2 - 4.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:01 PM »
False. The burbot BASH is those dates. The classic is 3rd- morning of the 4th.

Trent Williams

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:08 PM »
False. The burbot BASH is those dates. The classic is 3rd- morning of the 4th.

Apologies; I never heard about the 'Classic' before.  All I knew about burbot fishing at the Gorge was the Bash.
  I stand corrected.

And Matt, with that going on, I think I'll pass on going.  I'm not a big fan of combat fishing.   :bow:
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Didn't mean to scare you off bob! Hahahaha. It looks like that may be the day you'll be coming home anyways. Just to be prepared for other people looking for camping spots and staring to stake their claim to areas.
Trent Williams

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Thanks pok for the info. And Bob it's not that bad for 🎏 up there at that time there is plenty of space

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:55 PM »
Hey Bob there's plenty of ice up there. It don't get that shoulder to shoulder at all. It's only a one day/night tourney for the classic. Thanks for the info Trent. We've got a few things going on between now and the 2nd so nothing is set in stone other than we'll be up fishing that weekend. Staying in the trailer or on the ice is the question. More to come
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duckbutter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:23 AM »
It was 4 degrees this morning in Green River, and it just put a smile on my face when I checked.
Part time dentist, full time father and fisherman

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Only thing better than single digits is negative :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Hmmm let me see, sleep on the ice or let FO1 twist my arm with the bunkhouse condo on wheels. Condo it is as long as the weather cooperates. We'll tow tandem and bring 2 wheelers. Should be good enough to move some gear around. I believe slap is bringing his trailer also
The ice is just a couple of inches thick at Buckboard, make your plans accordingly.
Burbot committee WYIfish Dave Freeman

I am checking currant creek to see if it iced over since last week when it was open water on the point.  Bank fishing for rainbows and pups has been killer.
Thread killer

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Thanks for the Intel Dave, our group is going to stay up stream on the blacks fork where the ice is a bit thicker. Don't think we'll make the classic this year. Hopefully next year the ice gods will give us the ice we want in big bend and we'll be much closer to buckboard.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.