Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607620 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17640 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Long day on stand and I didn't see anything. I am going to hit my stand extra early so I can set Brutus up and give him another go. I plan on breaking camp and heading home Thursday. The season is winding down

Saturday is the rifle opener and after 9 days of getting shot at, seeing any deer is tough. I like to spend Christmas Eve in my stand, but that depends on the ice.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup:

Stay safe

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17641 on: Nov 18, 2019, 11:09 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Didn’t get the rain they were talking about. My wife found a drill with 2 batteries and 2 chargers on Facebook Market Place for 10 dollars so she went to get that. Dr says insurance wants me to take more medicine before he drains the spinal fluid.

Whopper Stopper, was it raining where you were? Hope you have better luck tomorrow. After Mass I was talking to some guys and they said the woods have been quiet of all animals. Wonder where they all are.

Hunts2long, Great shot, Thats great you guys are still in first place. Seems like their is a rise in hit and runs. Hope they find the person responsible.

I hope everyone had a great day and a good evening. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17642 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  33* with a winter mix of rain/ice pellets falling at the moment, some snow expected this am, high of 37 today.

I-45...guess the insurance company is looking out for it’s own benefit, cheaper keeping you on meds that don’t work versus the expense of a surgery, sad. Makes one wonder, what type of medical degree or expertise do these insurance agents have to make that type of determination?  My best wishes are with you, hope the headaches have eased up some.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...man, I thought yesterday was going to be the day! Good luck today with Brutus, hope he draws that big one in.  :thumbsup:  It’s legal for us to use a deer decoy here in NY, but I never have. Most places I hunt, I’d be afraid to bring one in even in blaze orange.
  H2... thanks for sharing the picture of the eagles, awesome shot!  Congrats on your high triple and still holding on to first place.  :clap:  Glad to read your ankle and back are feeling better, will be looking forward to yesterday’s hunt.   :thumbsup:  Heard they caught that driver in the hit and run?
  Wally...feeling much better today, think the hot toddy’s helped!   ;D.   :thumbsup:
  North...hope the week flies by now for you, taking off anywhere for your vacation?
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report as well today, hope you got a story for us!   :thumbsup:

Spent a better part of the day in our shop making saw cuts for the paver crew...triangle cuts to fit the herringbone pattern being laid. They estimated 300, we got almost 200 cut before the diamond blade took a dump...will finish them up today.
  Our first block delivery came yesterday. Angelo (the apprentice) will get to try out his skills soon...maybe even today!   :thumbsup:
  That time again... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17643 on: Nov 19, 2019, 05:13 AM »

Good morning I-45, Eddie, ER"s,
                             It's 33* and freezing rain here on my hill. ::)
                             I-45.........Insurance companies have Dr.'s on their payroll to give them advice on some procedures, so the insurance goes
               on what they say, not necessary the best advice. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            Eddie....... I hope Angelo get his new try out on the pavers. :flex:
                            Mave........Brutus looks like he's a real threat to the big guys territory, i hope he helps. :thumbsup:
                            H2L..........Good job on the bowling, keep it up Sir! :clap: I'm glad to read that your ankle and back are OK. :clap:
                            North........Have a good vacation. :thumbsup:
                            I jumped a deer yesterday going in toward my trail cam but never got a look at the head, the track was small so I assume
               it was a Doe. I hope the snow isn't to crunchy this morning with the freezing rain.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out in the woods!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17644 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:25 AM »
33* and big snow flakes. Looks like just over an inch on the deck. Hopes it lets up, have to be in Albany at 9:50 for a follow-up for the wife.

WS, hope "Brutus" does the trick. Never tried a decoy, I don't carry any more than I have to. Once I did shoot a buck that came in to a doe that was laying about 35 yards out in front of me.

Eddie, yes, they did catch the driver of the hit and run. Sunday night in Pa. He was from this area. He was wanted there on warrants for stolen prop. and carrying un-reg. hand guns. You "cannot" escape the long arm of the law. Great job.

Sat the last couple hours yesterday. Wind was not good for the spot I choose and there was a fine mist falling. Didn't see anything. The guy that hunts up on the state land saw 6 does on Sunday morning. The bucks will show up.

Wife has been listing some of her (many) cook books on Ebay. Sold one yesterday for $175 that see bought at Goodwill. If more of them were like that I would be hunting in a heated blind in Alberta Canada....lol

Have a good day...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17645 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Tied down recharging the stimulator in my back so I will take the time to finally post my adventure or really lack of it  deer hunting for three days. We had 5 inches of snow on the ground so most of the deer moved to find some thing to eat. The were not digging through the snow to get to my rye food plots. There is some soybeans, alfalfa and corn fields north of my place that are full of tracks so that is where they have gone. I saw at least 8 deer at dark in an bare 40 acre field just north of my property that was a wheat field last summer. I can hunt that field but there is no cover to hide in.

I did have a fork horn still on the property the first two days. I saw him twice on the first day with the only shot being over 200 years that I did not take. I finally got him at 125 on the second day. He was spooky so I rushed the shot and missed. My son has been sitting in the back blind and has not seen a single deer. Other than the fork horn I only saw 6 does and fawns in two and a half days in the blind. I only saw one fox squirrel and a couple of twetty birds in all of that time.

A young man drowned on the PM river when they tipped a canoe with three of one family hunting deer out of it. Where the tipped is a nasty section that  splits into many channels full of logs. With the high water it is especially dangerous. In another incident a guy took a sound shot as he and his brother were tracking a wounded deer in a corn field. The sound was his brother. Luckily he did not kill him but did hit him in the back.

IW I have only bowled three games in my life. I won them at the open house at a bowling alley that I put the carpet in.I did get to throw the first ball down an alley. I had to take my shoes off to do it and ended up falling on my kester. I think I just kept he ball out of the gutter.
The bowling alley ended up being the quietest ally Brunswick ever had. We put carpet on the walls and when the Masonite along the alleys in the walkways along each side swelled up we replaced it with carpet.

Modify Again my post locked up so I had to post it and modify to add more.

The wife had two Drs. appointments yesterday. The last was with the PA that has worked with the doctor that did her knee replacement for 16 years. She is one of the best PA's I have ever seen. The doctor is retiring at the end of the year so she does not know if she will still have a job or not with this group. She will let us know what happens with her job. We will follow her if we can. She will not have any problem finding another place if she has to.

Eddie I am sure that Angelo will do good if he gets to lay some block with the great teaching you guys have been giving him. There are few people around like him that want to learn a trade any more.

H2L I have not seen our resident eagles in quite a while. I have seen them sitting on the ice a few times.

I will probably head over to hunt again later in the week as I have to get some things straightened out at my credit union over there. I have a place I can go and fill my doe permit but I do not think I can make the walk in to where they are at, let alone drag one out.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17646 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Weather doesn’t know what it wants to do. Was pouring a little while ago now lightly snowing. My wife left for work before the snow started.

Mason Eddie, Your right insurance companies do make all the decisions. Hopefully Angelo gets to show his skills today.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife’s Dr appointment. Is she selling all the cookbooks for that kind of money? Hope your ankle is feeling better.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck in the woods today.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully Brutas gets the job done.

Good luck everyone today. Hope everyone has a safe day. God Bless

Ice Wanderer,
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17647 on: Nov 19, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Tom Turkey, Prayers for the man who drowned and his family. Hopefully your wife can stay with her Doctor. How long does it take to recharge the stimulator? There is some talk that they might put one in my back. Hope you have a good day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17648 on: Nov 19, 2019, 08:37 AM »
IF 45 The wife will have to find a new doctor to replace her other knee if it come to that as her doctor is retiring at the end of the year.
 It took a little over an hour to recharge it today. I have not had it turned on much lately. I turn it off at night because when I lay down it can be too irritating to be able to sleep. you can feel it stimulating your nerves. Not pain full just irritating. For the first year it had a battery that did not need recharging. At a year they replaced it with  one that needs recharging. If you do not recharge it every night it takes a long time to recharge tying you down longer because if you move it might stop recharging. The stimulator is at my belt level in my back and the recharger has to be just right to get full recharging that some time takes a lot of readjusting the recharger.
I did turn the stimulator back on when I got done recharging it this morning as I had a lot of lower back pain. It got rid of most of the pain. I am now having some bad pain in the outer edge of my pelvis that the stimulator doe not cover. Hell to get old and worn out

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17649 on: Nov 19, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....sorry to hear the hunting trip didn't produce anything  :(   seems to be the rule rather than the exception for a lot of folks this season so far  :-\

WS.....hope Brutus does the trick for you today  ;)2

IW......hope today is your day also  ;D

Eddie.....guessing Angelo will do just fine with the pavers, he's had good teachers  :flex:

IF45......crazy that insurance companies can over rule a doctor's orders  :wacko:

CapJ.....hope the doctor's appointment went well  ;)

H2L.....safe travels to Albany and best wishes to MrsH2L at her appointment  :)

Thoughts and prayers to all the latest shooting victims at the football party in CA and at the WalMart in OK  :'(  there really are no words left to comment on this terrible trend  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17650 on: Nov 19, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Good day rain overnight which changed into snow did not stick to ground light coating on cars now melted.
Capt.Jim don't run you body down to badly trying to complete all your jobs .
Eddie sorry you did not get to see your Mom on Sunday glad you are feeling better. I'm sure Angelo will do a good job with any blocks he gets to lay.
Ice Wanderer may the ground not be to noisy from the freezing rain be careful of your footing . Best to you today on your hunt.
Icefisher-45 sad insurance company can dictate your care to doctor. May everything work out for you.
NorthNH603 have a safe and good vacation.
Hunts2long good to read your ankle and back are feeling better. Congratulations on your high 3 game total may your team rebound next Sunday. Safe journey to and from Albany. Happy to hear they found the driver in the hit and run case.
Wallyworld sad to hear of two more shootings.
Tom Turkey sorry to read your deer hunt was not successful. Prayers said for the young man and hunter shot by his brother. Best to your wife at her DR.appointments.
Whopper Stopper hope "Pop-Eye is chasing "Olive Oil"  sees "Brutus " and gives you a shot today.

May everyone have a safe and good Tuesday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17651 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Good evening everyone!

Not a good reception day in the north woods, had a heck of a time posting.

Brutus gave it a good try but unfortunately it was another quiet day. I did have a 8pt cross behind me at about 15 yards, just not the 8 I wanted. I guess at least I saw something for my 11 hours.

I checked a camera that I have set up where I got my deer last year. Wouldn't you know the big one that has been keeping me up at night decided to cross in the same place a few days ago. Things are getting frustrating trying to figure out where to sit. Three times I thought I was going to get a chance at him and 3 times zip.

Hope you all have an excellent evening! Stay safe.

WS   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17652 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:33 PM »
WS.....he is a beauty!!!! Hope you get him clearly in your sights tomorrow!!!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17653 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Good Evening, All

The sun tried to poke it's head out here all day, temps got to the low 50's, touch of a breeze

W.S. - He's big & a sneaky one to get past you like he is doing, good luck

Mrs. W.W. - The Dr's Appt. yesterday went well-B.P. was good, got a flu shot, Rx. for blood work, next visit in 6 months unless blood work shows something - Next bunch of
      Dr.s appts in Dec. and 1 in Jan. 2020

Clean - Not running out of 'steam', just have 1 customer who calls, thinking she has the ownership of all my time, she just can't accept the fact that I work for other people,
      it isn't just her work that pays the bill, others contribute to the cause

I.W. - Felt good getting into the woods, didn't it?

T.T. - Does the recharging unit let you know if it is recharging properly ?

H2L - Good Luck with your hunt

45 - But, god forbid, if the C.E.O. of the Ins. Co. has the same problem as you, I'll betcha he has the best care available, at the expense of the subscribers, who will end
      up paying more for their care, or more for 'his' care

Barring complications, should be done with A.C. day before Turkey, she keeps ordering things, 7 pillows came today from Macy's, appliances come tomorrow(Wednesday),
      clean up & touch up painting to do, the 'light' at the end of the tunnel keeps getting brighter

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17654 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:42 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Rain cleared up this morning. Headache is still bad. Not able to do anything.

Captain Jim, Thats good you’ll be done by Turkey Day. Hopefully your taking Turkey Day off. Your right if it was the ceo of the insurance company it would be a different story.

Whopper Stopper, Thats a beautiful Buck. Good to see Brutus gave it the good college try.

Tom Turkey, Hope your wife is able to find a good doctor. Seeing my back surgeon Thursday. Next step is possibly a stimulator. Thank you for explaining it to me. Your right getting old stinks.

I hope everyone had a great day and a good night with family and friends. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17655 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Day off today and it was a very nice to be on the wake less lake, the jumbo perch were in hiding, but did boat a nice keeper eye.

It was nice and calm out so resorted to using the Vex over the side and jigging with ice rods, got to say when the Tank Eye come slamming in it got the blood pumping.

Marv, That's what always keep hunters going back, again, and again.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17656 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Cloudy 30* this am, high of 37.

Jeff..imagine that freezing rain turned to snow before too long yesterday morning, we ended up with around 3” of the heavy wet stuff. Should be a nice day to be out there this am, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope your drive in to Albany was problem free yesterday and everything went well for your wife.  Best of luck in the woods today!  Got me thinking about cook books now, lol, great score! :thumbsup:
  Bud...way to go with the fishing!   :clap:   Was wondering how the weather has been out there lately, thought Cherry Creek might have been locked up already.
  Wally...Angelo has been doing pretty good with the pavers they say, believe they’ll be wrapping up the Mansion job today or tomorrow...lots of blocks waiting for him, lol. Good luck to Mr.WW today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the video, what a beautiful buck! He’s a smart one and wise to the woods...just like you. Hope today is the day he makes the wrong decision, good luck out there today!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope the Dr. can come up with something to relieve those headaches soon, man.   :thumbsup:
  Capt...keep up the good work, getting close now!   :clap:
  Steve...working where there’s so many people, it’s amazing we’re all not sick all the time, lol. Hope everything is going well on your end.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...better luck to you and your son this coming trip! Hope all the Dr. visits went well. Will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Roads were getting pretty nasty on the drive in yesterday morning, no major problems though, slow and easy.
  The snow coming down played with the eyes with the headlights, big wet flakes, almost looked like pieces of cotton candy falling down.
  That time again....Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17657 on: Nov 20, 2019, 04:41 AM »
30* this morning.
Dr.s appt went well. The first 20 miles of the drive, the roads were a mess. As Eddie said, slow and easy. Drive home they were fine. Wife got an A-OK. Thought I would hit the woods when I got home but there was so much snow still falling out of the trees I stayed home and dry.

WS, he's still out there waiting for you. Good Luck.

Eddie, over the years the wife has collected 100's of cookbooks. Sort of like us and fishing lures.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17658 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not sure what the weather is supposed to be today. Right now it’s very cloudy out at 37*. My wife is at work today. Has tomorrow off but going to the Back Surgeon for a follow up. Still have pain in my back and shoulder. It is my fault not able to do PT because of the headaches. Will see what he says tomorrow.

Hunts2long, Thats good news your wife’s Drs appointment went well. When there is snow it’s better to be slow and steady. Amazing how many people can’t drive in this weather.

Mason Eddie, Thats great news about Angelo doing well on the pavers. Are you inside today?

IFF, Glad your feeling better and got out on the water yesterday. Congratulations on the big eye.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck in the woods today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one on the water or in the woods or at work. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17659 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:35 AM »
just after I got done posting yesterday the phone rang. It was a Native American friend that wanted to know if I wanted the fork horn she had just shot. I told her I would be right over. We skinned and broke it down at her place. It might be the one I missed the other day as it was only a half mile away. Her and I have been hunting together for a long time. She does not fit the mold of what a lot of people here think of the Native Americans. She has cut her relationship with her father because of his drinking and poaching.

One the way home I stopped to see a friend I had not been able to catch at home for a long time. He showed me pictures of the  big 8 point he shot while stalking through a corn field. It was laying down so the only target he had was the white throat patch as it was laying down. The shot hit the juggler vein so the buck never moved just laid down it's head. It blead out right where it laid. He has pictures of all of the blood running down the slight slope. Kind of a gorry sight.

H2L It is good to here your wife had a good Drs. visit. The way roads have been around my other place it has been a challenge to drive a lot of the time.

IF-45 I forgot to mention that there is a controller that has to be put over the implant in my back. With it I can turn the stimulator off and on. Also increase and decrease the stimulation.

Capt Jim. When the recharger is on there are a bunch of bars showing how well the recharger is working. If it is not full bars it takes for ever to finish. It took me a while to get it adjust to full bars last night. When I did get it right it only took 25 minutes to full charge.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17660 on: Nov 20, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ.....glad to hear the doc's visit went well   :clap:  when's the next visit with the grandbabies  ???

TT....nice of your friend to put meat in your freezer   :thumbsup:

H2L.....glad MrsH2 had a good doctor's visit also  :clap:  that must have been quite the cookbook to fetch that much $$$  :o

Eddie.....never saw a single snowflake or drop of rain in this area yesterday  :blink: glad the drive was trouble free  ;)

IW.....assume you hit the woods early today, hope you get a shot  :flex:

WS......fingers crossed the big boy pays you a visit  ;)2

IF45.....hope the doc can help with the continuing pain  :-\

IFF....congrats on getting out again and landing the eye  :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:  saw on tv your area is enjoying some warm temps again  @)

Heading north tomorrow to Lake Placid for the weekend, my grandson has a hockey tournament starting tomorrow afternoon at the Olympic arena  :thumbsup:  he'll be in goal for all the games, plus they also have a shoot out competition for the goalies  :flex:  should be a fun time  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17661 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Good day cloudy with temperature in the low forties with light wind. Interesting story on local TV news channel's website north of me in the Village/town of New Paltz there is a SUNY campus some female students were at a friend's house and called for an Uber driver to bring them back to campus. Before for entering the cat they checked that the license plate and photo of driver matched info. sent to them all was good once in the vehicle they noticed the driver was headed in wrong direction.and ignoring GPS. Upon questioning the driver he told them he was not familiar  with the area they asked him to pull over and let them out a couple of times he kept driving finally they called local police over hearing the phone call the driver stopped the cat and let them get out in a location unfamiliar to all of them they stayed there until campus police picked them up and brought them back to the college. So now an investigation is under way.
Capt.Jim seems there is always one customer who thinks once hey have a contract with you they control your time. All the best wrapping up the AC job. Congratulations on the good doctor's report.
IFF glad you got another open water trip in and caught a walleye.  Strange weather out your way I know from posts here on I.S. some people have been ice fishing on higher elevation lakes in your state.
Icefisher-45 may the back doctor along with your other doctors come up with a plan that lessens your headaches and allows you to do the PT.
Eddie hope goes well with the final pavers and start of the block work.
Whopper Stopper may the buck in game camera footage pass by whichever stand you choose to hunt from today.
Hunts2long good to read all went well at the wife's doctors appointment.
Ice Wanderer may you have a good day out in the woods or doing whatever is on your schedule.
Wallyworld have a safe trip to Lake Placid . Best to your grandson and his teammates. I have not been in Lake Placid since early September of 2004 or 05 so know some things may have change in the same area as the ice rink is Olympic museum all of you may want to visit if time allows and on the main street are numerous restaurants. Also on route 86 outside of the village heading towards Saranac Lake is one /was one of the few remaining Howard Johnson's restaurants.

Have a good Wednesday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17662 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Cloudy day out all day. Heard from the Dealer the Jeep is all done except for the inspection sticker. E brake won’t hold and tie rod is bent. Going to have them replace the tie rod and e brake. Inspector is going to overlook the lift.
Will have to find out next year where to go. A lot of lifted vehicles around here and they are taller then mine.

WallyWorld, Have a safe trip to lake Placid. Good luck to your grandson and his teammates.

Tom Turkey, That was nice of your neighbor to fill your freezer with meat.

Mr Clean, Thats good news that those girls are ok. It’s amazing how creepy those Uber drivers can be.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17663 on: Nov 21, 2019, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* light NW winds this am, warming up to 45 today.

I-45...that’s good news on the Jeep, believe the biggest problem with E-brakes is usually due to them not ever being used, especially with an automatic transmission. Best wishes today with your Dr., hope he can prescribe something that will work with those headaches and pains.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad to read those college girls were ok, hope there is a follow up on the driver...scary stuff!
  Wally...safe travels to Lake Placid today, best of luck to your grandson and his team in the tournament! What a great place to play a game...” USA, USA, USA!!! “.  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
  Tom...what a fine gesture offering you that deer, she sounds like a very good woman and hunter.  :thumbsup:  Hoping you still get another crack at one of those bigger bucks you had on camera...good luck! 
  H2...good news on your drive and the Dr.’s appointment, those roads got pretty slick fast. Good luck with today’s hunt, weather looking good next few days.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...we’re still pulling for you here! Showed that video of your buck to several of the guys yesterday...impressive!
Hope today is the day!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...wondering if you were out late tracking a slammer buck...hoping so anyway!   ;D. Good luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:

We ended up outside yesterday pouring sidewalks....misty rain and even a few snow flakes the whole time.  :cookoo:
Good thing the paver crew started their shift 2hrs. later than us, they had to uncover the area and put the final finish on it. Not quite certain how all that went or why there was such a rush to get that done, but one of these days they’ll learn the hard way when it all has to get jackhammered out...foolishness.
  On that note, Cawfee’s on!  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17664 on: Nov 21, 2019, 04:34 AM »
30* and clear. It's going to be noisy going into the woods this morning.
WW, good luck to the grandkids. Have a good time.
Eddie, it spit some light rain and snow very early yesterday but that was it.
Sat 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. At about 3:45 had a flock of 6/7 blue jays come thru. That is more blue jays than I have seen all year. Pretty bad deer hunting when 6/7 blue jays gets you pumped....lol
Ice-45, you will be on the road soon. Hope the headaches are doing better.
WS, good luck.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17665 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

42 rain since before midnight, turning to slush by noon.

Last night I pulled the plug and headed for home. I have to say my bed felt good.

Today will be stashing stuff away, washing clothes and thinking about that buck  ???

h2l Best of luck to you this morning, hope you see some activity :thumbsup:

45 glad to read the Jeep is ready :thumbsup:

Eddie are you heading back to the woods this weekend? I bet there were a few groans having to go out in the rain yesterday. Hope today finds you back inside :thumbsup:

WW safe travels to you and Mr. WW, Best luck to your grandson and his team in the tournament :clap:

I am bringing my wife to the bus this morning so I best get going.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17666 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:16 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 28* and clear here on my hill, a high of 35* is guessed. ::)
                            Marv...........What a Buck, I sure hope you can get a shot at that one. He would be in my dreams if I saw one like that in my trail cam. :woot:
                            I-45............Glad to read that you are finally getting the Jeep on the road. :thumbsup:
                            Wally...........Good luck to the grandson and the team in the tournament. :flex:
                            H2L.............I hope you have a good day in the woods. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie...........I wish I was out late tracing a big buck, but I've kept this under wraps till now. I posted in recent weeks that my wife had some Dr.'s
                   appointments, well in her yearly physical and mammogram they found a small tumor in her right breast and turned out positive for cancer. Well yesterday
                   she had surgery to remove it and now in a couple of weeks she will under go radiation therapy, 5 days a week for 6 to 8 weeks. Today I will hang close
                   to the house while she is still fairly sore and not stable on her feet.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or in the woods.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17667 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:33 AM »
IW......I am so sorry to read this, will be keeping MrsIW and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17668 on: Nov 21, 2019, 06:01 AM »
IW Keep the faith! Thoughts and prayers to you both.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17669 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Jeff, so sorry to read that. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.