Author Topic: Lake Holiday Catfish Slaughter Fest This Friday Night!  (Read 782 times)

Offline Budzer

• IceShanty Rookie

Sorry for the short notice. Right now about 20 plus Lake Holiday residents are planning to do our annual catfish slaughter fest this friday night!

The way this works is one of us "ME" will start chumming up current from some large flats that the cat's rest in during daylight. I will chum about 1500 to 2000 spikes starting at @ noon. Typically at about sunset they will start following the scent from down current and start feeding on the chummed spikes and the ones we have on our glow in the dark jigs!

Our best night was a few years ago when only 2 guys after chumming caught OVER 100 cat's between sunset & midnight!

Last year 3 families after doing the chumming trick got over 30 cat's in the 2 hours of fishing time they had before a major storm "WIND" forced them off the ice!

There will be a nice prize for the largest & smallest cat caught too! and possibly a big cat pot for those who want to get in to also! There is NO-Charge to participate for the free prizes!

Suggest any that want to get in on the fun to arrive before 5:00 "dark" but join in whenever you can and prizes will be awarded at 10:00 PM.

Yes this is a private lake but many of the lake holiday ice fisherman read the posts here and MANY of us invite ice shanty members to fish with us too!

So if you are not a resident likely you may know a resident you can ask to invite you! I already have invited 2 Ice Shanty members that are coming at this time.

We will be on the ice at green area lot#'s 418 & 419 and be 5 lot's north of those green areas very close to shore!

Will try to post some photo's saturday of the results! :wink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.