Author Topic: Ice Status 2008  (Read 6450 times)

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Status 2008
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Looked at mautinos todaY after hunting and 4 of 6 of the ponds there were iced over.

Hows the fishin out there? I've wanted to hit the strips out there but I don't know anybody whose ever been out there from over here........

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2008, 11:34 PM »
some parts of the chain have 4" of ice. just about all the early ice spots should be fishable.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:37 AM »
some parts of the chain have 4" of ice. just about all the early ice spots should be fishable.

Big question is How to access them?

Offline HappyFrozenToes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Checked down along the boat ramp at the park in Dixon Illinois (Rock River) today after work just to see how things looked to be developing.  Ice looked to be chipped away by someone in a boat trying to launch from the day before maybe.  Slackwater areas seem to have a good start for ice.  I'm not suggesting anyone ice fish this area cause of the currents just the only convenient gauge I have to go by first hand for this area.  Hoping Lost Lake might be fishable after work tommorow but we will see.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Well sometimes the fish are hard to find but there are some decent gills and the main lake should have some eyes and trout in there considering they have stocked it.  Never caught any eyes through the ice though.  This summer caught a 14"  white bass and I marked a few areas to look for this winter to ice fish.  May be will have some luck.  I found a brush pile that is in 25 fow and caught some decent gills off of it in the middle of summer.
<br />

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:45 PM »
t channel, south bays of pistakee and channel, mineola bay, and nielsens channel are all good to go and have public access. you may have to pay to park but the general public can get out.
Big question is How to access them?

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Got out for the first time today.  ice was about 4" and with tonights temps should be growing.  hope to  be on lakes  by next week.  this specific spot was rather shallow with limited current.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Ice check 1-2 1 2. hehe. Anyone been out on the chain since the rain and snow? How much damage did it do?

Offline jdisci

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The snack that smiles back, goldfish"
« Reply #38 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Anyone got any Shab. reports/conditions?

"Like minnows in a bucket..."
Joe

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 11, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Ice check 1-2 1 2. hehe. Anyone been out on the chain since the rain and snow? How much damage did it do?

ice is hanging tough at about 5"+ we will see how this 45 degree weather puts a hurt on us. crazy snowmobilers already lake riding.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:44 PM »
ice is hanging tough at about 5"+ we will see how this 45 degree weather puts a hurt on us. crazy snowmobilers already lake riding.
John,
You working on Saturday?  I'm 95%sure I'm hitting it if the ice is still good on Saturday am.  Give me a call!

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:19 PM »
jimmygunns,  I will be up your way in a month too bad I wont be able to fish but am thinking to head to the cabelas if I get the chance to sneak away for an hour or so.
<br />

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 12, 2008, 05:27 PM »
jimmygunns,  I will be up your way in a month too bad I wont be able to fish but am thinking to head to the cabelas if I get the chance to sneak away for an hour or so.
Just send a message.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I will the week before I come up.  by then I should know more of the plans for the day.  We are coming up for a robotics tournament for my son, just unsure of all the times for it
<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.