Author Topic: geneseo tourny  (Read 5679 times)

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 2013 2nd Place Crappie!
geneseo tourny
« on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:55 AM »
hey guys. I was just wondering who is going to the tourny saturday. I've never been there and i was hoping you guys could give me tips on where to fish what to use... etc hope to see you out there.

pray for ice

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
Re: geneseo tourny
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Hey ICE!

My buddy and I are thinking about going out on Friday to the tourney spot to find some holes if you want to meet us out there.  I should probably be out there before noon if you can make it I will show you around.

Cris

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:12 PM »
no can do.... i am stuck in school >:( >:( >:(

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:18 PM »
That sucks!

The area is not really that difficult to fish.  I think I would have some waxworm, a couple of ratzo's and teardop jigs, and maybe minnows if you are after crappie.  I usually catch a lot of sunfish on the waxworms but the artifical baits are usually better for crappies.  Minnows are always a plus and can be used as live bait or pinch the head off and use it as an attractor on a lure.  Hope this helps for now.  You should be able to see what others are doing and use that as a bering at the tourney as well.

Cris

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:41 AM »
I know there's a link somewhere but can't find it.  Help?  Might run up that way Sat to look around.  Maybe tomorrow if recent dental stuff calms down.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:46 AM »
heres that link may go sat depends how much of a brat the kid is
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Geneseo,+IL+61254&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:48 AM »
Hey Blu, I knew I would see ya over here. Let me know when your headed North of I-80.

Fran 8)
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2007, 05:25 AM »
Hey Jackpine, this ones close and we went to okoboji  and that was north of the 'border'.  Might have to work this weekend, the slowdowns are always the busiest.  Night off tonight watching blood roll out of hole where abcessed tooth was.  I'll even let you know when Reelman2 seals deal on Heritage property.  Mazonia might be option Sat too.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:00 AM »
does anyone know the prizes and how you win. is it weight, fish, species????

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:35 AM »
hey chris,
I will be at the tourny sat. I will be wearing an orange and blue illini coat. I have a black frabill hut. Hope to meet you out there and catch some big fish.
ice

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2007, 03:14 PM »
3rdbassr assuming the link is your house not the site of derby? Parking looks good at prairie Park or is that all CC parking? If we show it will probably be late...

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:56 PM »
That was one I copied off the other post it is just north east of that arrow I didn't look at it lol

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2007, 06:38 AM »
Cool, we got a blufloyd on this site too....:P
In Illinois ice season lasts about 3 seconds, and then you are wet to the knees.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:59 AM »
I am headed up for more info and scouting, otherwise its channel or bangs. Whats UK9 doing???

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:45 AM »
I am going to the sport show in Bloomingland on Saturday, I let Tbirdbassr check all the local ice, then I start planning. ;D
In Illinois ice season lasts about 3 seconds, and then you are wet to the knees.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Pay me 5 bucks I'll let you look in my shanty,  big waste of time that show....

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Friend of mine (Tbirdbassr too) is a friend of Shaw Grigsby, going to visit with him for abit.  He donated a bunch of stuff to a benefit for a common friend that was a member of our BASS club.  Going to say hi and thanks.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Well I went over and fished as only vex in town.  You guys have fun, them big bass are something. Headed north tomorrow am...

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2007, 01:44 PM »
OK results?

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Went caught a boat load of fish didn't weigh in they did it in the order you register so me and bigbucky decided we didn't want to wait around as we were 109 and 110 so got home weighed my best 20 gils had 6 lb 12 oz no idea what it took to win though

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Not sure if the hundred or so I caught friday would weigh close to that... the bass I had on would though...

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #21 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Ya Big bucky had one on during the tourney pretty sure that's what it was was stripping drag like no tommorow and then he lost it lol

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Here's some of the fish I kept from saturday

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2007, 10:05 PM »
yep them were nicer ones from there.  got best I caught on red purist or red fat boy in deep water. 5 ft. 
the silver cecil would get greenie action pretty quick but also landed 3-4 crappie.  Probably hit Sheffield things soon.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #24 on: Jan 28, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Pm me let me know you'll be 4 miles from my house maybe we could bad talk uplandk9 lol

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Past his poor fishing skills, what else? He ain't had time to screw up fatherhood has he????
Does he beat his dogs?  Heck if we invited him out too it would be more fun.  I like the victims to be close....

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:06 PM »
yeah he's screwed up fatherhood he didn't even get a christmas present for the kid lol

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Man I feel sorry for the dogs................

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2007, 01:13 AM »
He got off the hook His wife didn't either mine was 8 mos old on her first so I got her a pack of pampers and some onsies she was happy as heck lol

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Alright you two.... ;D

Do I have to show up and put on an exhibition of my spectatular ice fishing prowness? :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.