Author Topic: Illinois Board meet and greet any one?  (Read 5070 times)

Offline Boatback

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Illinois Board meet and greet any one?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Sounds like 8 - 10 people committed to 1/24 at Shabby.  Can we 'put it in the book?'  Probably best to meet at the bait shop/restaurant and go from there.  That way stragglers can be directed to the location(s) we choose to fish.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Sorry I dropped off for a bit. I got busy with things.

Hardwatercrazy- sorry for not returning your message. I can call you if you would like to talk.

I am in for Shab or Evergreen or anywhere else really. 
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:17 PM »
I'm in for any of those dates I'll probably be there anyways.  :tipup: :icefish: :tipup:

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:47 PM »
I'm in for the 24 also...
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:32 AM »
Would love to come if I can get an okay from the little Mrs.
jbird68

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:35 AM »
I would love to meet up. Depends on my work schedule that week. Do we have a time set? A bit later then better for me. Noon-ish?

Offline brante

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Ill be out there.  wont be till the afternoon. have a wrestling tournament to ref in sandwich till 1 or so.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2015, 02:04 AM »
I'll be there on the 24th probably by 8am. That is the time you are allowed to step onto the ice so I was told. Also I plan on fishing off to the right in the creek channel by the standing timber. I have done really well there in the past on pimples with minnow heads and on 5mm tungsten

Poorboy

Offline 82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:46 AM »
I would be in for the 24th. :tipup:

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:47 AM »
I'll be there on the 24th probably by 8am. That is the time you are allowed to step onto the ice so I was told. Also I plan on fishing off to the right in the creek channel by the standing timber. I have done really well there in the past on pimples with minnow heads and on 5mm tungsten

Poorboy

Right before your spot  is an alley full of cats.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Sounds like Shabbona it is!  Looks like we will have a group on the ice.

I have never fished shabby before or even been there.  Does appear it does not open till 8 am.  I am going to try to be there about 7:30.  My understanding it there is a bait shop at the lake (is this correct).  If so I assume we will meet there?

If someone that knows the lake can post some info it would be greatly appreciated.

I know my group will most likely be grilling some homemade brats or something along those lines.  So I will have a small grill there for anyone to use.

Look forward to meeting all that show up.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2015, 12:51 PM »

I have never fished shabby before or even been there.  Does appear it does not open till 8 am.  I am going to try to be there about 7:30.  My understanding it there is a bait shop at the lake (is this correct).  If so I assume we will meet there?

If someone that knows the lake can post some info it would be greatly appreciated.

I know my group will most likely be grilling some homemade brats or something along those lines.  So I will have a small grill there for anyone to use.

Yes they have a bait shop. Lakeside bait shop- (815) 824-2581
A buddy told me they rent augers and flashers too.

HUH?

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Greetings,

I make one trek north (from St. Louis) each year for a weekend trip and, depending on weather conditions, I'd love to meet some board members, pop some holes, and maybe catch some fish. It is too soon to commit now, but I'll give it serious consideration and reply before the 24th. Can anyone recommend a motel to stay at that is close to the lake?? Much obliged!  ;D @)

Jeff

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Greetings,

I make one trek north (from St. Louis) each year for a weekend trip and, depending on weather conditions, I'd love to meet some board members, pop some holes, and maybe catch some fish. It is too soon to commit now, but I'll give it serious consideration and reply before the 24th. Can anyone recommend a motel to stay at that is close to the lake?? Much obliged!  ;D @)

Jeff
I would look in either Mendota or Rochelle. I do not recall seeing anything closer to the park. Maybe somebody else can help.
HUH?

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 09, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Greetings,

Jeff

There is a motel a few miles before the bait shop on Rt 30 on the north side of the street. I think it called the Shabonna Motel.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 09, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Thanks for the motel intel gents! ;)

tight lines,

Jeff

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:13 AM »
Hi all.  Bad news for me, sorta.  I got informed at work I will be in Arizona for the next couple of weeks or so.  Hopefully someone will take the lead on this and the get together happens (if weather cooperates).  If the gathering happens I would love to see some pictures posted.  Have fun and I hope you all tear them up ;D

Offline grizzlyg2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:10 AM »
does anyone know what the ice is like there?

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:35 PM »

I live not to far from the lake and fish it many times each year, with that being said:
There are some conflicting reports on when you can enter the park. As of last year several people where entering very early around 5am drinking leaving trash ect. and messed things up for everyone else. This group was ticketed and other's warned that even though the front gate is open( to my knowledge they never close the gate) you can not enter the park before 730-745 time frame.  The bait shop opens at 8 and Clint gets there right about 8. Bait shop does rent shacks augers and vexilars. The bait shop also has a decent map of the lake with all the "Good" spots pointed out but pricey use your phone and snap a picture. Wardens are always around and about but very nice and helpful.
 The fishing has been so so this year with the crappie being smaller and not as great numbers as last year-banner year for nice big slabs- although you can still find them.
Ross
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:56 PM »
See you guys at the bait shop around 745.
HUH?

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 24, 2015, 04:57 PM »
How was the meet and greet? I didn't get it because my lower back is out right now. How was the ice and fishing?
jbird68

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:46 AM »
How was the meet and greet? I didn't get it because my lower back is out right now. How was the ice and fishing?

I am curious too.  Did anyone make it?  If so, how was the fishing and how many was able to attend?

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:48 AM »
I was there. Waited around a few minutes at the bait shop. Nobody grouped up, so I went out to the deep trees and put the hammer down on baby perch. LOL  I left around noon and fished a pond near home.
HUH?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.