Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632813 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16590 on: Aug 06, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Just got in from loading the truck. I can't get up to my sisters before 10am, she has a Dr appointment in the Jungle.

This mornings walk wasn't so good. I was about halfway back when a dog came out of a driveway and flipped a cork. I thought I was going to get bit and I told the home owner I don't play those games. The guy said he had just left it out to do it's business when his phone rang and distracted him. The mutt kept lunging trying to bite and it seemed like forever before the guy noticed. He was very apologetic but I wasn't in a very forgiving mood :%$#!:

IW Nice looking tractor :thumbsup: Glad you are all set for the 15th

Eddie I bet the guys at your work were happy to help empty the bag, pretty nice you shared :thumbsup:

45 good luck with your pre op :thumbsup:

WW sounded like a fun bike ride, the ice cream topper sounded awesome :thumbsup:

Yesterday was another bad day for the moles, #5   

It also wasn't the greatest for the coon. Ricky is now part of the relocation project Lol

Here is his mug shot............ 

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16591 on: Aug 06, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Good morning,cloudy skies and light winds currently might see a thunderstorm later today. Just a I was going to post last night had a power outage not sure what happened only my building and a couple others in my complex affected thankfully power was restored after one hour.
Eddie good to read the foundation work went well sound like Mike's BIL has a major project on his hands with the old farm house. Belated birthday greetings to your dog Ayla. Glad the members of concrete crew work well together makes for a better work.
Ice Wanderer nice looking yard tractor you might want to check with local Cub Cadet dealer and see if snow plow package is available for that model. Glad your pre.-op was good but long day all the best to you with the surgery. Hope the Stoney Creek fire dept. received a good sum of donations at the Mountain Days event.
Wallyworld happy the weather allowed you to take a bike ride how crowded was Alex. Bay . Any photos of the truck with bed liner and cap installed.
Whopper Stopper might be time to add a reflective safety vest and bear spray to your morning walk gear. Wonder if anyone has walked away from a job at the beer drinkers house one thing to offer you a cold one  little pushy in my opinion to have open bottles waiting for you to drink. May you be able to do job at your sisters. Thank you for explanation on lake poisoning  believe NY.DEC has similar program purple loustriff was out of control at some bodies of water in my area years back. Congratulations on the raccoon trapping. :clap:
Icefisher-45 happy you felt well enough to attend farmers market enjoy the vegetables and maple syrup. Nice stroller you have for Mr.Dickens. May you have a good pre-op. appointment today.
Hunts2long best to you on the lake today. Good luck donating items to the Salvation Army  while cleaning out the house for eventual sale found out many charity organizations no longer take furniture and other donations because of limited storage space and people not wanting the items. If you have a Goodwill store in your area try them for your donation of unwanted items.
Dr.Speckler nice treasure hunting.
Tom Turkey hope all is well seen on Weather Underground your area was due to to some severe thunder storms with large sized hail.

Everyone have a good Tuesday. Best to all casting a line.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16592 on: Aug 06, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Evening all,

WS....good job on the moles  :bow: :thumbsup: glad you managed to avoid getting bit  ;)2  hope the job at your sister's was doable  :)

Eddie.....not a big fan of working at the Mansion  ???  :woot:  the bedliner came out good  :thumbsup:  now a 4 - 6 week wait for the cap  ::)

IW.....how long will you be in the hospital this time around  ???  good to know the food is edible  ;D

IF45.....glad to hear you're getting out and about a little  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed you hear something from comp/disability soon

MrC...there were a lot of people walking around A Bay, the shops were all crowded and pretty long lines at the restaurant by the time we finished eating lunch  :-\  beautiful area up there  ;)2  glad your power wasn't out too long  :clap:

H2L.....hope you had a good day on the water  ;)

TT.....hope all is ok with you and yours  :-\

Got the bedliner done yesterday, no problem  :clap:  stopped at fishing camp and got the lawn mowed again  :flex:  today got the lawn here at home done before the showers moved in  ;)2  also got the boat cleaned up and ready to roll again   :thumbsup:  whoever decided a fishing boat should have carpet NEVER caught a fish  :nono: :whistle: 

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16593 on: Aug 06, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Ended up being humid today. Pre op wasn’t to bad. Took a little over a hr. They had most of the paperwork done from the last time I was in the hospital with my neck surgery. My wife talked to the nurse about my pain control after surgery. She wasn’t happy that we had to fight for the narcotic i’m on. She explained I take 2 a day. My wife is a good advocate. We did go to her favorite hot dog place which has good hot dogs. She also found a tea set by the hospital. She felt bad about spending the money but I told her she deserves to be spoiled with everything she’s done for me. Our down stairs neighbor came back home today. Her D-I-l will be spending a couple of days with her. Her pit bull attacked Mr Dickens fortunately he didn’t get to him.

WallyWorld, How do you like the new Berliner? I liked it in my ram. Nothing ever slid around. Does the cap match the truck? Good you got the lawn mowed before the rain. You have to wonder what they were thinking when they put carpet in boats.

Mr Clean, That’s good your power came back on quickly.

Whopper Stopper, That’s good you didn’t get bit. People need to be more responsible with their dogs. When I have Dickens out I don’t answer my phone and make sure I pick up his poop. What gourmet meal did you use to lure Ricky in the cage. Did he enjoy his ride to his new accommodations?

Ice Wanderer, That’s good the hospital food is good. How long are they keeping you in the hospital?

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Hope everyone has a good night. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16594 on: Aug 07, 2019, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Muggy 65* this am, high of 78 with showers and thunderstorms expected today.

I-45...glad all went well with the Pre-op for you yesterday and Mr.Dickens wasn’t hurt by that pit bull, cripes!    :thumbsup:
  Wally...the Mansion is my least favorite place to work at, nothing ever seems to go right there...yesterday was another prime example, lol. Sounds like the boat is ready for another road trip?   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad the power wasn’t out too long!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...might be a good time to carry a walking stick with you, nothing worse than a charging dog wanting to put the teeth to you. Glad you weren’t bitten! Congrats on the trapping and sharing the videos....good stuff!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Jeff...that stinks you had to spend so much time with the Pre-op, but that part is over now anyway...time to get better now!   :thumbsup:  We do have some women masons in our local actually, a few have recently retired but there are at least two that I know of still working...one is a bricklayer and the other a caulker.
  Tom...haven’t heard much from you lately, hope all is well and you’re enjoying some time out on the Toon!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s pour went well, after that 6 of us went over to the Mansion to get started on a project there....digging holes for footings as the temps climbed and no shade, lol. By the time the day was over, it started raining...guessing all our holes probably caved in as it was sandy soil.   :whistle:
   Not sure if we’ll be pouring concrete this am with the rain coming, but sometimes they like to roll the dice.   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16595 on: Aug 07, 2019, 05:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 63* and the sky has that look. ::)
                         Eddie.......I hope the footing holes didn't cave in too bad, what are you building this time. Last year it was a wall. ???
                         Marv........Your doing a number on the mole population, keep up the good work. :thumbsup: Nothing burns me up more than a charging dog,
                maybe some pepper spry is needed. :woot:
                         I-45.........I'm glad your pre op went well, when is your surgery.? ??? I will be in the hospital 1 to 3 days?  :unsure:
                         Wally........Fish slime in the carpet doesn't sound like fun to get out. :whistle:
                         Steve.......Power outages are the worse, glad it wasn't out for very long. :thumbsup:
                         My boiler wouldn't fire last night so we couldn't take a shower, I called a plumbing guy that MW knows, he'll be here around 9 am. I can build
                a system but never learned to fix them, maybe I should learn? ???
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16596 on: Aug 07, 2019, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a rainy day here. My wife is working today and I have strict orders to not go out when the pit bull is out. She had to pick up its poop this morning. She wasn’t happy about that.

Ice Wanderer, I hope you get the boiler fixed. They always go at the worst time. Going in for Surgery on Tuesday and they say i’ll be released on Wednesday if there are no complications. Surgeon says if there is any leakage of spinal fluid i’ll Have a headache. Are you going home after surgery or are they sending you to a rehab?

Mason Eddie, Hope the holes didn’t collapse last night and the rain holds off so you can get your work done.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16597 on: Aug 07, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Good Morning. 64* this morning. That's 12 degrees warmer than yesterday. It was a cool start on the water yesterday. I almost called the wife to bring me a sweat shirt. It warmed up fast, except for the catching. 2 walleyes , 4 SMB and a rock bass. None and I mean NONE of my go to spots are producing walleyes. Yesterday I worked the area around those spots and still no fish. Some of those areas have produced fish for years. There is even a thermocline setting up which usually helped my spots. I will figure it out.

WW, I never cared for carpet in a boat. You can't keep it clean, hooks will not let go of it, etc.

We didn't get the storms last night, did get some rain. Daughter and her dogs are coming up this morning for a visit.

IW, hospital food is pretty good but I don't think it is the same food you get in the room.

WS, you have a good trapline going.

Eddie, looks like another warm day on tap, but a change is on the way.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16598 on: Aug 07, 2019, 07:32 AM »
I am alive and well. After losing a big post to operator error over the week end I have not posted. Thanks for your concern. I have been busy trying to get the new shower installed.  It is being a slow process.

I ended up going to a walk in med center to get some antibiotic for my jaw. I tried to get my primary to send a prescription to the pharmacy. He thought I should have it looked at as I might need some IV antibiotic. The PA took a quick look and sent a scrip to the pharmacy. While talking to the pharmacist she did some thing and dropped the $44 charge to $15. She must have changed it to generic pricing for the same pills???

ww I am with you on carpet on boats. With the toon sitting for months on the lake it has a lot of green alge growing on it. It takes a long time to get it blasted off with my power washer. If I was to redo the toon I would get my cousin to get me some marine vynal to replace the carpet. It comes in 8 foot wide just for toons.
A friends wife caught two 30 lb plus kings on the big lake the other day. She had a double on but had to do it all her self as her husband had to control the boat in the waves on the lake. She just let the second one have it way as she landed the first one. It was still on after she he put the one in the boat. A guy caught 3 over 30 out of the same port last week

IF-45 It sounds like you and Marv need to pick up some pepper spray to fix the mean dogs. I was always tempted to open carry my 380 which is legal, when i used to walk my dog for that reason. I am sure open carrying would get the cops called on me even though it is legal.

eddie A level footing was not necessary back in the day of stone walls. My boss sent me to put some windows in a leantoo that was put on a moble home. The slab it was on was way out of level so when I put the windows in they looked weird. The boss showed up when I was almost done. He saw they looked weird so I handed him my level and told him to put it on the slab. He under stood then.

Steve We never got any bad weather the other day. So many times the cold water on the big lake takes the strength out of the storms coming out of Wisconcin.

When the wife was still working in a hospital she carried her lunch as the food out of the cafeteria was bad. She would get some weird looks as to some of the stuff she was eating. When she had asparagus the other nurses said it made your pee stink. Who is going to smell it beside you. She really got some crazy remarks when she brought beaver stew.

Marv It looks like you need to set the traps a little deeper as you are only cathing the moles by the skin. In one place I used to trap I caught a few star nosed moles in 110 comibears set in runs in a creek. As far as ground moles go I can not get them. Luckily the one I had around last year has not showed up so far this summer.

The neighbors next door took an offer on the house. They shoulld be down this week to take down a huge stump in the back yard to seal the deal. I do not know how they are going to get it down and cut up unless they bring a 4 foot saw. I will lend him my 55 rancher but it only has an 18 inch bar. It is going to be sad to see them gone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16599 on: Aug 07, 2019, 07:55 AM »
Morning all,

TT....glad to hear you're doing ok, was getting a little worried there for a bit (it's the Mom thing ya know  :woot:)  hope the jaw is feeling better  ;)

IF45.....perhaps Mrs45 should file a complaint with the landlord on the pitbull issues  :-\

IW.....hope you can get the boiler repaired quickly, not having hot water is the worst  :(

Eddie.....hope your holes held up over night and today's project goes w/o any problems  ;)

Not much going on today, some little projects around the house to tackle.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16600 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

A busy morning as I stretched the walk out a little further. Looks like 1 more day of sticky then Les rolls in for a couple of days :thumbsup:

TT glad to see all is well with you. Yes I need to bend my pan a little more on the mole trap so I can get them deeper. Things have been working so I just haven't. It is surprising how frail the moles are, just a small pinch of their skin and they earn their wings ;D

I don't know if it is because the coon are hanging around or what but the turkeys have been more timid lately. I see them in the next yard over but they have been leary here.

The tree yesterday never happened. I got a call just as I was leaving and was asked to put it off until next week. That was fine as I picked up a different job and did that.

45 I have been using frosting from last years bear baiting. It sure seems the sweet tooth is getting them in trouble.

IW best of luck getting the boiler going :thumbsup:

Early this morning coon #4 gave into the raspberry frosting. I am glad I took a mug shot as I had operator error on the camera overlooking the trap.

This one was a lot bigger maybe #25, and it was in one ugly mood. I made a bar to slide into the screen to lock the door once the coon was in it. I had that one that rolled the trap and got away. So before my walk I slid it in place and locked it and when I came back it had the trap was on it's side. The wire I have to anchor the trap had flexed enough that it broke and allowed the coon to rock the trap and eventually get it on the side. I was glad I had put the bar in place.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16601 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:40 AM »
marv Slide a piece of rerod down though the trap on the end near the pan to keep them from rolling the trap over. I learned that when the gal I was trapping coon for told me that one of them would not fit in the trap. It did but I found the trap upside down 5 feet away from where it was set. Needless to say the coon was gone. I guess it got educated as I never caught it. So did I as  always put a stake in them now.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16602 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:57 AM »
TT.....MrWW does the same, those raccoons are expert escape artists  :roflmao:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16603 on: Aug 07, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, We’re getting severe thunderstorms now. Getting some good rain. The son and d-I-l and the dog have been gone all day. A home health worker came and then left. My wife is at work and wondering if we should get involved but not sure if she can put that on her plate especially where I have surgery next week. The dog will only be here a couple of days. We will just make sure we take Dickens out when he’s not out.

WallyWorld, Hope you got your little projects done.

Whopper Stopper, You do stay busy. Does look like the raccoons do have a sweet tooth. They are masters of escape. Hope the turkeys come back.

Tom Turkey, That’s good that the pharmacists dropped the price. It’s amazing how much medication is. Good neighbors are hard to find.

Hunts2long, I hope next time you get them dialed in.

I hope everyone had a good day and everyone has a good Evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16604 on: Aug 08, 2019, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  65* this am, high of 81 today. Believe it’s going to be another sticky day.

I-45... hopefully no more issues with the pit bull... :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad all is well, hope meds are working on your jaw pain.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...congrats on #5, the frosting seems to be working well on those coons!  :clap:  Glad to see Arrow back in the movie again, thanks for sharing the picture and video!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope your projects went well yesterday, good luck with the fishing if heading today!   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope you find those walleyes today if you’re heading out as well. Did you get hit with those T-storms yesterday? 
  Jeff...how did the boiler repair go yesterday?  Most of the footing holes held up ok, some cave in’s but not too bad. We’re working on what will eventually be a pretty elaborate herb garden. The footings will support cobble stone walls.

Pretty big day down at the job yesterday, the NYS Food Festival was going on from 11am- 9pm....lots of vendors and several bands. Believe the main act was Brian Setzer, former lead man from “The Stray Cats”.    ;D
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtbfzMLVWU

Running behind....back to the herb garden today, lol.   Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16605 on: Aug 08, 2019, 05:06 AM »

It's 67* and raining this am on my hill. It rained most of the night. ::)
                             Eddie........I checked the radar and not much rain your way, should be over soon. :unsure:
                             Wally........Did you get your chores done? ???
                             Marv.........Coons are escape artist, the re rod that TT suggested sounds like a good idea. :thumbsup: The video was great, I enjoy them a lot. :clap:
                             Tom..........I'm glad the antibiotics are working on you jaw. :flex:
                             I-45..........People who have Pit Bulls need to be more responsible about keeping them enclosed. :%$#!:
                             H2L..........Those thunder storms that rolled thru went north of me, but I could hear them, I hope you are Ok over there. ???
                             The boiler fix was an easy one, I watched with earnest so if it happens again I can try it myself.
                             Not much going on today, if the rain continues it will be a inside day for sure.
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16606 on: Aug 08, 2019, 05:37 AM »
65* and light rain.
Eddie, we got heavy rain in the evening. The t-storms I could hear, most were South of us.

WS, 25lbs is a big one and I bet it wasn't very happy.

Going with the wife to a Drs. appt. and then to Saratoga. Not a place I like to go in the Summer.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16607 on: Aug 08, 2019, 05:42 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone.

TT thanks for the tip with the rod, I went and bought a piece yesterday :thumbsup:

IW good to read the fix was an easy one :thumbsup: Glad you like the videos.

Eddie thanks for the Brian Setzer link :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have an excellent day  :thumbsup:

WW glad to hear the the wood is all done, hope you post a picture of Mr. WW truck when it's all finished.

No coon this morning. I walked out before checking in this morning and the trap was empty. I had chum around the entrance and that was cleaned up. I hope to get a video when I check the cards.

I had planned to hit the road for a couple of days just to get away. Last night I got a call on a tree job I had bid, looks like that will be today.

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

#6 trapped like TT likes

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16608 on: Aug 08, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Morning all,

WS....you are the mole master  :bow: :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:  sorry to hear of the change of plans  :(  hope the job goes smoothly  ;)

IW.....had some rain here yesterday late afternoon/early evening, nice and sunny this morning  @)  glad the fix was an easy one  :)

Eddie.....sounds like quite the garden going in, maybe a picture when all is said and done  ???

H2L.....good luck to MrsH2L at her appointment  :)  have fun shopping after  ;D

Had another drowning at a local lake yesterday  :'(   thankfully he was recovered quickly so no day after day search needed  :angel 
thoughts and prayers to all involved in the southern CA stabbings  :'(   can't even find words to say anymore with these senseless killing sprees  :-\

Another quiet day here, might hit up a local farmers market later  :) 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16609 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:01 AM »
Good morning again :bow:

Just going to head out thought I would post a couple.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16610 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:58 AM »
We had some rain move through last night after I hit the sack. The lightning must have died that showed on the weather when I went to bed as I slept through it. I need to tighten up the tarp on the canopy on the deck today as it keeps holding water.

Marv That is the way to catch those moles!!
 You need to watch Axe Men. It is on the History channel but I do not remember the day. Search Axe Men. One of the segments this year is about a guy in Canada that takes down some dangerous trees around houses. This week he was taking down a row of tangled trees. He would get on the bucket of an excavator to tie to one of a group of tangled trees. He would cut all but the one tree. When he cut it the excavator would pull the whole bunch down. I noticed that the old pickup he was driving had Mercury on the hood. I have never heard of a Mercury pick up, must be a Canadian thing.

ww The drownings have subside here. People are finally started paying attention to the Red Flag warnings on the big lake. They started writing some expensive tickets on one of the piers as fishermen were going around the closures to fish any way.

I just went out and dumped the water off of the tarp. We must have gotten quite a bit of rain by the amount of rain that was caught. Now to figure out how to tightnet the tarp up???

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16611 on: Aug 08, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cloudy and dreary today. Up most of the night. Headache is getting worse if possible. My wife called the downstairs neighbor yesterday to see how she is doing. The son and d-I-l apparently went home. The son told his mother he had the flu so they left. Sounds like they took the food she bought. My wife left her some yogart and soup which was all we had in the house. My wife is going to go shopping tomorrow morning after my acupuncture appointment so she’ll have food in the house.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully it’s not to big of a tree job and you’ll be able to get away for a few days. Are you going Muskie fishing? Thank you for sharing those videos. Always look foreword to them.

WallyWorld, I can’t get over how many senseless killings there are this year. Something is seriously wrong with our society. Did the person drown at a unsupervised beach? Hope you get to some farmers Markets today. Nothing better then fresh vegetables.

Hunts2long, I hope everything goes well at your wife’s doctors appointment.

Ice Wanderer, That’s good the boiler was a easy fix and you learned how to fix it for next time. Are you going to have any grandkids over?

Mason Eddie, I hope everything goes well with the herb garden.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16612 on: Aug 08, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Good morning, sunshine and blue sky currently did have two periods of heavy rain yesterday afternoon and evening. Guess I have to start watching the news on TV or subscribe to local newspaper or their website. Seems like this country is heading back to the 1960's with all the violence and racial tensions.
Wallyworld Alex.Bay and the Thousand Islands is a nice part of our state does get crowded in the Summer time. You think boat builders would find another solution besides carpeting to help with foot traction. Looks like the new truck will be all fitted out for your usage soon Mr.WW going to add a lift kit for back country hunting trips.
Ice fisher-45 glad your pre-op went well all the best next Tuesday. May your wife enjoy the new tea set. Now not your neighbor's son and DIL have left might be a good time to talk with her about your concerns with their pit bullEddie must be a chore working around the Governor's schedule may things go better this year . Bringing back memories of my younger years with mention of Brain Setzer believe after reviving Rockabilly sound with the Stray Cats he had some success with a Swing/big band music sound.
Ice Wanderer happy for you wood boiler problem was an easy fix and you watch plumber so hopefully can do the work is problem occurs in the future.
Hunts2long all the best for your wife at the doctors. Guessing you do not care for crowds Saratoga must get a little crazy in the Summer.
Tom Turkey happy you could get antibiotic for your jaw/tooth problem and at a reduced price. :clap: Congratulations to your friend's wife on the king salmon. May the new neighbor become as good of friends as the one who sold the home. the Axe Men show airs on Thursday nights on the History channel check local listing for time 9PM here on the East Coast. I'm a fan of the Mountain Men show which also airs on Thrusday's (8PM)
Whopper Stopper may all go well with today's tree job. Some big raccoons out your way. Thank you for the game videos.

Have a safe and good Thursday folks. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16613 on: Aug 09, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy and 63* this am, high of 76 today...Les Humid is back visiting today!   :clap:

Have been experiencing some issues this am with the computer freezing up, will catch up to you all this afternoon!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16614 on: Aug 09, 2019, 04:19 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello before heading for the lake  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16615 on: Aug 09, 2019, 04:31 AM »

It's 61* and humid out this am on my hill, a nice day is in order. ::)
                      Eddie.......I'm sorry for your computer problems, maybe a restart is in order. ???
                      I-45.........Sorry to read that the headaches are worse. :%$#!: That's awfully nice of your wife to help the woman downstairs. :bow: :clap:
                      Marv........I hope the tree job went well. ??? Keep up the good work with the coon trapping, mole too. :flex:
                      Steve.......I wasn't clear on which boiler, it was my oil boiler that I use in the summer for my hot water. I've used my wood boiler in summer
             before but it a lot of extra work getting the wood to feed it. If oil price rise too high, I'll probably do it again. ???
                      Tom.........Ax men are on Thursday nights. I saw that episode last week with the trees close to houses.
                      Wally........I agree with you on these senseless killings but the stabbing just proves it's not the guns but the sick people that need to be aware of.
            If your headed out fishing today good luck. :thumbsup:
                       No grand children yesterday but 1 is coming today. #3 son's oldest daughter is coming.
                       I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16616 on: Aug 09, 2019, 06:09 AM »
61* and sunny. Wife's appt was just a follow-up with her local Dr. All is fine.
Trip to Saratoga went OK, wife went into the Mall, I went and got her car washed. Saratoga is NOT the "summer place to be".

Sat. we are heading out for the wifes family reunion near Rochester. Lindsay and her BF are going with us. Then on Monday the wifes sister and her niece are coming here and they are all going to Canada for a couple days on Tuesday. I am driving the wife nuts making sure she will be taking all her meds., wearing her mask in crowds, not over doing it, etc..
I am going fishing, if the weather is good...lol

WW, hope you have a good day on the water. They have high winds in the forcast for here....be safe...

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16617 on: Aug 09, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sun is out, looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day out. My wife does have a heart of gold.

Hunts2long, That’s good your wife’s doctors appointment went well. Hopefully you get out in the water.

Ice Wanderer, I hope you have a great day with your oldest granddaughter.

WallyWorld, Good luck today on the water.

Mason Eddie, Hope you get your computer issues taken care of and have a good day.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16618 on: Aug 09, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Guessed not to get out of the 70's today.

The wife has been dealing with a guy that supposedly has a vanity top that will fit our needs for the remodel of the bathroom. He was supposedly going to bring it over yesterday. He was a no show like he has been before. He sounds like the has the same IQ as the guy that picked up the old tub. I am wondering if he is nothing but a scammer.

Headed over to pick up the electric type writer I bought the wife on the online auction. She likes to be able to type some things rather that do it on the computer. We will make sure to fill up over there. Gas is $2.56 here and $2.20 there. I will fill up my car there tomorrow.

Eddie If you decide to buy a new computer make sure it does not have Edge on it as it is a pain. it does not have the ability to copy and paste. When I went to get online after watching Axe men last night the computer was trying to up date again which has failed to get done for a while. When I got online this morning it had updated. When I  booted up this morning I had lost the picture of my grandsons convoy of semis with Humvees on it and can not get any picture back on, the screen is just black.

I need to get on the road catch you all later. Might not get on tomorrow morning as I need to get over to the property early to beat the heat. They came back to cut the big oak tree so I need to see what is left to clean up and clear out where I want to build the new tower blind.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16619 on: Aug 09, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Good morning in the low seventies with blue sky and sunshine headed to the low eighties for today's high temperature. It will still feel sticky outside humidity level in the eighties. Thunderstorm yesterday afternoon early evening with strong winds brought down some small branches. Watching local TV news they reported scattered trees down and property damage throughout the Mid Hudson River Valley.
Eddie have a good day laying cobblestone. May there be no serious problem with your computer.
Ice Wanderer thank you for clarifying boiler problem was wondering if you had a heat/hot water source other then the outside wood fired boiler. Have a good day with your granddaughter.
Wallyworld may you see a day similar to your last outing on Lake Erie.
Icefisher-45 hope your feeling well today and any headache is manage with medication so you can get outside for a while.
Hunts2long safe travels to you and your family have a good time at the reunion. Safe trip to Canada for the ladies. Just my suggestions if your wife does not already carry a list of her medications make one and include doctor's names and phone numbers. I would also go over her her medication schedule with your SIL and niece .
Tom Turkey be careful in dealing with the person who claims to have vanity top lots of scammers and con-men out there today. Hope your find little to clean up at your other property. May you find a way to get photo of your grandson back.

Have a good Friday. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.