New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: present dilema  (Read 858 times)

Offline FingerLakesFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
present dilema
« on: Dec 18, 2005, 06:52 PM »
i just came from my parents, we had an early Christmas becuase of traveling out of town next week.  My father purchased for me theaqua view 360, my wife looked at me when I opened it and had a look on her face, she got me the aqua view scout.  Needless to say I am taking back my wife's.  My dad also got my brother and I the yukon shanty.  Should I take that back and spend the extra $50 to get the larger one?   Does anyone have any advice?tips on using the camera?  How about some reports on the shanties?   Is it worth the extra head room in the other shanty?  What is the difference in weight?  Is there any other people out there that drag these out by hand?  I do not have a sled or a four wheeler, so I'll be dragging it.  It has to be easier than my old Clam.  That thing was like a plow.  Oh well.  I can't wait to use them.  I feel like a big kid.

Offline jighead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: present dilema
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005, 07:11 PM »
No advice really but I have a comment.....YOU LUCKY BUM!!!!!
Seriously, I have a fishtrap Guide. This is smaller than the Yukon and when you pull it yourself, it can be difficult if you go far. My buddy helped me put skis on it this year and that helped. How many people do you expect to fish in the trap with?? If it is just one and you want mobility when pulling it yourself, I would not go bigger..

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2005, 09:56 PM »
I know they sell runners for all the clam models and I don't know if they help.
I bolted an old set of snow skis to my Guide runners and it helps alot for dragging but does add some weight for the loading/unloading.
I don't think stand up head room is nearly as important as easy set up and break down and overall weight.
I think if I was going for a one man unit I wiuld go the Pro Model. Just a tad bigger then the scout and only a few pounds heavier but the extra elbow room and additional space for gear is nice.

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline FingerLakesFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I might just keep the scout then. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.