Author Topic: 15 Jan at Da-View (aka Pineview)  (Read 890 times)

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
15 Jan at Da-View (aka Pineview)
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Only wished we woulda, coulda, shoulda gotten to 'Da-View' a titch earlier...arrival temp was 18* departure, WOWZA blamy 50* and WIND.  Mr Weatherman had the front spot on.

Anyhoo, on the ice a little before daybreak roughly 0730...walked and walked and walked out to where we met out TM buddies...they even pre-punched holes for us two ole gals...what great guys and we thank them a whole lot...not that we can't punch holes but it was very nice of them.   ;)

Ice, well pushing maybe 5"...water depth 51' with lots of lights on the Vexilar up in the water column to 35'...dropped down the Swedish Pimple tipped with a mighty fine breakfast treat...chunkie Waxie...whamo Crappie on the deck. Within literally 10 minutes had 5 Crappie on the deck missing several nice hits...Fish'n partner got 2 Crappie during the magic window also missing hit...argh...then the window was done...no more Crappie.

Then within 2 hours here comes the Mama Natures blow...OMG did the wind pick up...batten down all the flyable objects... tent was staked but sides collasped and almost pulled the stakes out...put side stakes down with sturdy straps and into the tent we moved...found only 2 willing Perch right off the bottom...fish were there per the Vex but tight lipped and for us with the wind and maybe 5" of ice very nerve racking continual popping and cracking sounds...had several cracks stop right at our holes...stop holes for them cracks and boy did the ice singing pick up with the wind...said enough...pucker thats set in and that was IT...seen reports of wind and thinner ice didn't want to be on a floating iceberg, so we called it a little before 1PM...for the first 2012 Pineview trip it was good...next time we'll be on the ice earlier and hoping for a little more comfort factor of Mama Natures hard deck ;)2.

So here's the future dinner fare at the K2 household...largest Crappie was almost a footer...others pushing 10" with 9" and 8 plus inchers...Perch a titch over 8"...Had fun and we weren't at w-o-r-k and what more can one really ask for as we're doing what we love to do FISH.

Until till next time...TIGHT LINES... ;) ;)

Offline theguide

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 15 Jan at Da-View (aka Pineview)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Sounds like a nice day, other than the wind. Better than my day, stuck at w-o-r-k. But, only two work days between now and next Tuesday.  My turn to get some days on the ice.  Good eats, enjoy!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Thats good you guys were able to get a few on the deck before momma nature had her way. Them crappies sure are hittin lite this year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Nice work Ladies.  I thought about you several times yesterday and wondered how you were doing.  I took my bride to the gun club and attempted to smash some clays.  The wind won that battle.  This week is looking good for some hard deck time.  I might even get the snowmobile out since we had a little more dusting last night.  I’m hoping the higher elevation lakes got more than we did in the valley.  Enjoy your work week – if you can.

;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.