Author Topic: Regina beach fishing derby!  (Read 4961 times)

clysdale

Regina beach fishing derby!
« on: Jan 22, 2003, 04:47 PM »
Has every one entered fot the fishing derby yet? Ive never fished there before> how is the fishing in that general area?
If ya need any info on the derby just drop me a line.

white-paw

Re: Regina beach fishing derby!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2003, 04:05 PM »
Would like more information on the Regina Fish Derby, I do  like fish derbies and would like to go else where besides up north and would try if possible down south, to see what the differences in the catch I suppose so if you reply back with the info would be great!!! :)

Offline Natureboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Regina beach fishing derby!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2003, 09:36 PM »
Last year it was unreal cold.  Like -50C with wind chill.  It is a great event, with amazing prized but strange enough there is less fish caught every year.  I think it was something like 100 fish caught for 150 prizes last year. They had to draw for the rest of the prizes.  Too bad, it would be much more fun if more fish were in the area of the event.

We also waited for four hours in the cold in line to get a good hole when the gates opened.  I don't think it really makes much difference as long as you are somewhere on the outside.

Offline Natureboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2003, 12:12 AM »

Offline kevinharrison

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2003, 08:46 AM »
I've was at the Regina Beach Derby two years ago i dont think i will be going back anytime soon. There was a total of 37 fish caught. The weather was above normal at +2 and that was the only bright spot of the day. I dont recommend spending $70 for not alot of action, but thats just my opinion.

MAG

« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2004, 12:11 PM »
IF VERY LITTLE FISH ARE CAUGHT WITH SO MANY PRIZES YOU WOULD BE FOOL NOT TO FISH THIS DERBY AND HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN SOME OF THE GREAT PRIZES . ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIRST FISH. THIS DERBY HAS A 97% CHANCE THAT YOU WILL WIN A PRIZE. PLEASE STAY HOME IF ITS TOO COLD OR YOUR NOT CATCHING YOUR LIMIT, ITS NOT THE LIMIT YOU CATCH ,BUT LIMITING YOUR CATCH. NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT!! :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.