Author Topic: 4 wheeler track systems  (Read 7936 times)

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
4 wheeler track systems
« on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:37 AM »
What is the best  4 wheeler track system and where can you find a good price.  Price is important but reliability is more of a factor.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 4 wheeler track systems
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:11 AM »
The Tatou 4S tracks made by Camoplast are very good.  They are snow only tracks.  I'm not sure what machine you will be installing them on but you occasionally will find a set on ebay or craigslist for a decent price.  New I'm going to guess $3500-$4000.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2014, 12:40 PM »
Before you buy Camoplast, Google their reviews. After reading the reviews and talking to two people who bought them, I bought MaxTracks. LOVE my MaxTracks. I got a GREAT deal on e-bay. New, they run about $5200-$5600.00 and more. Great condition, used, I paid less than half of new. Camoplast, Chinese made. MaxTrack, American made. You choose. Did I mention I LOVE my MaxTracks? With MaxTracks, you need the adaptor kit for your particular brand of ATV. About $350.00 for the kit. Once you get the brackets on (easy to do), to put the tracks on, it's like changing tires. Easy! Camoplast, I don't know. I just hear they are a pain and not very reliable. No, I do not work for MaxTracks.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Just the info I'm looking for, keep it coming!

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2014, 12:58 PM »
Before you buy Camoplast, Google their reviews. After reading the reviews and talking to two people who bought them, I bought MaxTracks. LOVE my MaxTracks. I got a GREAT deal on e-bay. New, they run about $5200-$5600.00 and more. Great condition, used, I paid less than half of new. Camoplast, Chinese made. MaxTrack, American made. You choose. Did I mention I LOVE my MaxTracks? With MaxTracks, you need the adaptor kit for your particular brand of ATV. About $350.00 for the kit. Once you get the brackets on (easy to do), to put the tracks on, it's like changing tires. Easy! Camoplast, I don't know. I just hear they are a pain and not very reliable. No, I do not work for MaxTracks.

Do you mean Mattracks? 

If so they are very good just a little pricey IMO.  We use the camoplast on a couple polaris rangers to groom snowmobile trails and they perform quite well.

I guess ultimately it depends on how much you will use them to determine whether the extra $ is worth it.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Do you mean Mattracks? 

If so they are very good just a little pricey IMO.  We use the camoplast on a couple polaris rangers to groom snowmobile trails and they perform quite well.

I guess ultimately it depends on how much you will use them to determine whether the extra $ is worth it.

Yup. My bad. Can't type. Yup. Use mine a lot, in sand, snow, on ice, rocky soil, no problem. Like I said, got a great deal on used tracks.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:58 PM »
I just talked to a rep for Mattracks, he was not all that impressive. I'll need to do more research on them and hope for a better price (Rep said 4200 for the xl and 5200 for xt).  My son knows 2 people that "had" Camoplast and had no luck with them. They may have bought the bottom of there line when a better model was needed.

luv2fish2

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:38 PM »
go to trackshare.com if i new how to post a link but there's alot of unbiased info on each travck system

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:40 PM »
From my research it appears they (camoplast) have made improvements over the years, as any evolved product should. They are also very machine specific. Motor size/ gear ratio. 

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Well, I don't know about any other systems.....but I have Camoplast 4S tracks and have had them for years.  NO PROBLEMS  with them in all that time.  I have a buddy who bought a set after seeing my tracks work.  He also has had NO PROBLEMS and he has had them for about 3 years.  And, you can leave them on all year if you like.....hence 4S (4 seasons), but I take mine off after the snow leaves.
Mike

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:33 PM »
I will also tell you that as with any equipment with rubber track a lot comes down to the operator.  They are not nearly as forgiving as rubber tires and you can tear them up in a hurry. If you are going to run them in the mud and dirt you will have problems with any them at some point.. 

The mattracks frames do seem heavier and more suited for mud/dirt use.

Camoplast pretty much has the whole snowmobile market, they know how to make tracks, the frames IDK but I think they are decent units. 

Again, it really depends on where and how much you intend to use them. Using them just on the snow they will last a long time.

Offline muskrat bay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Get you some of that"
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2014, 04:57 PM »
I have the mattrack lite foot xt on my 06 Polaris sportsman 500 h.o.and I love them. I can go anywhere I want and they haven't let me down yet. There customer service was great when I talked to them and there a well built unit.
"life aint no rehearsal boy,you only get one chance, you will learn it by the seat of your pants"

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Anybody try the J wheelz system?

Offline Big phat perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:33 AM »
Look at this web site and you'll be thinking twice about tracks wwwwilcraft.com.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Wilcraft,NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, looks like after 2 days of research that Tatou 4s is by far the best bang for the $.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2014, 02:32 PM »
A buddy had amoplast 4S tracks and the slush and freezing was a problem. How are the other ones?

WS

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2014, 04:38 PM »
A buddy had amoplast 4S tracks and the slush and freezing was a problem. How are the other ones?

WS
Well, yes, you need to clean the tracks off before storing them if you don't have a heated place.  The snow or ice will freeze tighter than bark on a tree......but I got to believe  all systems are like that!  mike

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I just tracked my 700 Grizzly with 4s Camoplasts this year and have been very pleased. 
Chris Raymond

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Well, yes, you need to clean the tracks off before storing them if you don't have a heated place.  The snow or ice will freeze tighter than bark on a tree......but I got to believe  all systems are like that!  mike

I found out the hard way that machines with tracks can get stuck, and if not removed from the slush, will freeze in. I have the Polaris Prospector kit and thought about going with the Camoplast's, but for the price and not having to worry about Polaris making a stink about non-oem tracks in case of a warranty issue, I went with the Polaris's kit.

My kit, otd and installed was 3899.99. I'll say this, when the track kits come from the mfg, they aren't assembled. After the tracks are installed, removal and install is about an hour job with a mc/atv lift.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2014, 01:53 PM »
I found out the hard way that machines with tracks can get stuck, and if not removed from the slush, will freeze in. I have the Polaris Prospector kit and thought about going with the Camoplast's, but for the price and not having to worry about Polaris making a stink about non-oem tracks in case of a warranty issue, I went with the Polaris's kit.

My kit, otd and installed was 3899.99. I'll say this, when the track kits come from the mfg, they aren't assembled. After the tracks are installed, removal and install is about an hour job with a mc/atv lift.

Oh SH@@!  That's what I been weary of.  I have a 3500 lb. winch on front that can be moved to the rear (mounted on a hitch tube) and carry the straps/chain/bars/etc. so I can get myself out such a predicament - if necessary.  Hope to never get there.

That must have been a terrible situation.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2014, 03:50 PM »
It was pretty bad, the ATV was only 12 hours old. I knew I snapped the axles because I heard them pop, and then saw the carnage. It's insured, so I'd have been out 500.00, but I was more worried about getting the damn thing off the ice. It was only about 100 yards off the landing and it was on the lake we're on, but it's un-nerving to see a brand new ATV sitting  frozen into a lake and you can't do anything about it.

We ended up using big wood planks to lever the front and rear up, then shored it using wood logs from my house. I have an old Arctic Cat JAG we used to pull it back to the landing. Thank God the thing would still drive in R.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.