The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: K Drill Ice Auger  (Read 3311 times)

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
K Drill Ice Auger
« on: Sep 14, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Thinking about investing in one of these, anybody have any experience with them?  They advertise that you don't need any work or adapting to hook them on, is it true?  Also, if you've tried them, how many holes can I look to get out of one charge (and yeah I know that'll vary with what my drill and batteries are), just looking for any info, thanks!

Offline Scupbaron

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: K Drill Ice Auger
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2016, 05:35 PM »
got it, love it.  super fast; light, compact.  have it on milwaukee brushless drill whicjh i use for other things too.  havent killed a battery  drilling maybe up to 20 holes an outing in ice up to 6 inch.  Bought it last fall  so havent worked it out on thicker ice but i'm sure it would handle it. cuts like butter.   

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2016, 07:21 PM »
I took the plunge and bought a 6" K-Drill a couple of weeks ago. I was debating between the K-Drill and a 6" cordless Nils. My reasons for buying the K-Drill were the following:

- super light
- free blade sharpening
- easily opens up old holes
- great customer service
- cuts fast (1 second/1 inch of ice)
- leaves minimal slush in hole
- user-friendly blade cover
- already had Milwaukee M18 Fuel Drill/could use drill off-season for projects around house

I'm a mobile, hole-hopping ice fisherman. Better efficiency out on the ice equates to more time spent fishing. I look forward to using the K-Drill early ice. Based on past reviews, I don't think I'll be disappointed!

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses guys, they hype Milwaukee pretty strongly, I wouldn't have any issues with my Dewalt 20v hammer drill would I?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Shouldn't have, you will want to put it in the #1 and drill setting, and a torque bar is advisable
Bud

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2016, 01:07 PM »
I would think about getting a clam plate. It sure makes the set up a whole lot nicer and easier to control.

Offline bryanl87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Love mine! All of my friends were impressed at the set up and how light everything was. I would recommend a quality drill that has Lithium Ion batteries. If you don't have that, your battery won't last in the cold.

Offline hotrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2016, 09:07 PM »
I have ran the k-drill for 2 full years now. It has gone way over what I had expected. I use it on a brushless 18volt drill, no clam plate or anything, just the bar handle that came with the drill. This thing is so nice when moving around, so light and anyone can use it. Most drills come with 2 batteries, and if you drill 50 holes or less a day, that is plenty. Like mentioned above, the blades are as sharp as they were when I bought it, and it has drilled a lot of holes. If you have a quality brushless drill, this purchase is a no-brainer dude.
"I never go ice fishing without my Vexilar" ~Dave Genz
www.fishingwithtoddree d.com

Offline johnsonaaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2016, 03:26 PM »
I just took the plunge and ordered the 8" K drill (found it for $209 shipped at joe's sporting goods)
and ordered the MIilwaukee fuel m18 from CPO milwaukee for $280 shipped which came with an extra 5ah battery for a total of 3!

i was deciding between this and the strikemaster lithium lazer which i could have gotten for around $480

Deiciding factors were:
extra5ah  battery ($120 value) removed "total holes" as a deciding factor
5 year warranty on drill
free lifetime sharpening on k drill blades
weight

definitely excited to try it out!

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:07 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses guys, they hype Milwaukee pretty strongly, I wouldn't have any issues with my Dewalt 20v hammer drill would I?
Nope... several clam guys are running 18 v dewalts.  The issue is the batteries.  need 4.00 or above.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Coke Zero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2016, 06:52 AM »
Love my Kdrill/brushless dewalt 20v.. absolutely zero issues with it after drilling a ton of ice with it.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2016, 11:11 AM »
my kdrill is just killing it.  i took it out with my old dewalt 18v non lith and was able to drill 200" of ice on 1 battery.  can get 500 or so with my milwakee.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.