Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431549 times)

Offline buckeye24

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #1350 on: Dec 25, 2011, 01:06 AM »
Did pretty good this afternoon on the lake. Caught a bunch of yellows!  Kept 35 ish! Pretty happy with that!  :)

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1351 on: Dec 25, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Luckydog35, what depth are you hitting the yellows at?

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1352 on: Dec 25, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Luckydog35, what depth are you hitting the yellows at?

6-7 fow on cloudy days, 8 fow on sunny ones.

good luck

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1353 on: Dec 25, 2011, 02:10 PM »
What's the best place to park for fishing Farmers? Probably be out on Monday, good luck to everyone.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1354 on: Dec 25, 2011, 02:46 PM »
What a weird winter.  Looks like its gonna be holding close to 40 for awhile.  Kinda hard to believe beings its almost Jan.

Offline ed4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1355 on: Dec 25, 2011, 03:34 PM »
What's the best place to park for fishing Farmers? Probably be out on Monday, good luck to everyone.

We usually park on the side of the gravel road far enough outta everyone elses' way and close to the ice as we can. I know u kinda wanna be there early so you dont have to walk as far down to the ice...especially on the weekends!

What a weird winter.  Looks like its gonna be holding close to 40 for awhile.  Kinda hard to believe beings its almost Jan.

Yea the last 2 years have definately spoiled us for early ice! With no frost in the ground we were able to lay tile all the way up til last week before we called it quits for the year. This has been one of the driest/warmest/busiest  falls/winter  for us and now I got the time off...theres not much ice ! ! !  I have the worst luck ever at Clear though.   LOL ..my average was 1 fish per hour and we spent well over 30 hours a week on it last season. Gonna try to change that ratio this year! As of now its 6 hours spent on Clear...2 dink yellows ! !

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1356 on: Dec 25, 2011, 05:40 PM »
I have never been out on Clear Lake and am looking to hit the ice wednesday, I've already figured out that farmers beach is the place to hit, are there any specific areas of it that anybody would be willing to suggest?

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #1357 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:28 AM »
What parking lot should I park at to fish Clear Lake? Thanks

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline walleyewinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #1358 on: Dec 26, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Sorry forgot to upload.  ::)

(Image removed from quote.)

Holy crap! That is a lot of yellows!!!

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1359 on: Dec 26, 2011, 06:28 PM »
So you guys that have fished the last couple days... hows the ice? is it stilll around 8 inches or has it gained a little more?

Offline schuttlr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1360 on: Dec 26, 2011, 08:19 PM »
i was there last saturday and it was around 8 inches at farmers.

Offline bobracing32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1361 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:45 AM »
I had 8 inches last night at farmers.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1362 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:09 AM »
So I have a dumb question.  When people talk about farmers, is that the same place as little lake?  Or where is farmers?  I'm not real familiar with Clear Lake.

Offline 2 MAN ESKIMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1363 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:31 AM »
heading up tomorrow morning with my daughter and brother first time to clear lake cant wait  :)

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1364 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:02 PM »
40's the rest of the week and darn near 50 on Saturday.  Season is pretty much already shelled.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1365 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:03 PM »
40's the rest of the week and darn near 50 on Saturday.  Season is pretty much already shelled.

CB: Do you think so???...the overnights are getting below freezing...

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #1366 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:42 PM »

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1367 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:46 PM »

report back on ice conditions.....son and I was planning on a thursday trip  ;)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Clear lake
« Reply #1368 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:27 PM »
Can anyone give me some info on where to stay/fish at clear lake? My buddy, my father and I are thinking about making a trip up there and staying a couple days. We have portables, but will be muleing it. I have no clue where to even look at fishing there.

Can return the favor for any fishing spots around the QC area.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1369 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Its not trashed for foot/atv traffic but its nice fishing out of a wheelhouse and driving out to your spot.  Also if it gets a few degrees below freezing everynite that aint gonna refrreeze all that stuff it melted when its 45 degrees sunny and windy during the day. It's not looking good its marginal at best.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1370 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Its not trashed for foot/atv traffic but its nice fishing out of a wheelhouse and driving out to your spot.  Also if it gets a few degrees below freezing everynite that aint gonna refrreeze all that stuff it melted when its 45 degrees sunny and windy during the day. It's not looking good its marginal at best.

so you think it would be best to wait and and not be on it thursday

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1371 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:20 PM »
 You will have 5 inches of solid ice under you and a few inches of junk even Thursday I'd imagine.  Stay off anything east of dodges point though ice was iffy when it all formed awhile back im sure its not the best now. 

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1372 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:23 PM »
You will have 5 inches of solid ice under you and a few inches of junk even Thursday I'd imagine.

Thanx......

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1373 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:45 PM »
I was out on the little lake again today and didn't have a whole lot of luck... the ice was still good and its spos to be fairly cold tonight so hopefully that will keep the ice good through this warm spell.

There was a 4x8 shack that someone had pulled out and it went though the ice :'( two guys spent the afternoon getting it out. I'm not sure why it went through but when you guys go out on the little lake be cautious of a couple areas that might only have a 1/2 inch of ice on it... wouldn't want to walk into that.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1374 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Get a little bit of water on the ice on a sunny day and it gets windy it can open up old holes and make giant holes.  Be careful out there guys make sure you at least have a set of rescue picks.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1375 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Well this doesnt sound good I was planning on taking off work thursday to come to clear lake and fish.  Is there really spots with only 1/2 inch on little lake?  I was there last Friday and it was good thick ice at least 8" I have a hard time believing that there is only a 1/2 in spots.  Guess  my plans might change if I dont hear better news. 

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1376 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:07 PM »
I have a hard time believing that there is only a 1/2 in spots.  Guess  my plans might change if I dont hear better news.

He is probably talking about where the shelter went thru and where they got it out................

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1377 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:27 PM »
He is probably talking about where the shelter went thru and where they got it out................
Yes, that is what I meant. That place and there was one other spot that was like 8'x8' that had standing water but all around it was still 8 inches thick. The only way there would be a 1/2 inch is if it freezes in those spots tonight. And if it makes you feel any better, I was was planning to go out Thursday after I get off work ;D

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1378 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:50 PM »
heard farmers has 10" as of this morning.....

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1379 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:00 PM »
ok, thanks for clearing that up for you, scared me for a min.. :woot:  I just might see you out there on thur then!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.