Author Topic: 13 Fishing Black Betty VS Pflueger Supreme XT on a Ticklestick.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
So I just got a new UL Ticklestick and I am trying to pick a reel.

I have 2 Pflueger Supreme XT's already, I use one for vertical jigging walleye, and the other for panfish in the summer.  Great reels, I would just need to respool them with some 2# Micro Ice.

Or will I be happier ordering a Inline reel?  I plan on using this rod for panfish of course, mostly light jigs.  I have a Frabill Straight line combo already for heavier jigs, and a St Croix Legend UL for small sppons and jigging raps.  Those are my panfish rods.

I like my inline combo, but it seems wasteful to not use a really nice reel I already own.  Those of you that have tickle sticks.  Do you use/like using conventional spinning reels on them?
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
If you are planning to tight line with it the in line would be my choice.  I have several spinning combo's as well but the in line works great for light tackle fishing.
]

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
IMHO current selection of inline reels, especially the geared ones are short of finessing refinements.  The spools could be made half as thin and even more shallow (as in larger arbor) and tighter tolerances so that line will not slip around the spool lip/edges.  In addition to the off centered balance, finessing is just more about personal tolerances.  It's hard to so one could be happier with an inline reel.  Some learn to appreciate the tool, others won't.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd take the spinning reel but the xt is a size 25 and just a hair too big for an ice rod sometimes

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.