The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: OLD JIFFY  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
OLD JIFFY
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Bought an old jiffy one armed bandit this past summer(didn't need it as I have one, but couldn[t pass up on the $20.00 price.) I"ve rebuilt the carb, and have the thing running, but It's missing the primer bulb. Can someone help me out, and tell me where one can be bought? Thanks.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: OLD JIFFY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:20 PM »
its a pretty common primer bulb i have a 1 armed bandit and found 1 on a old toro snow thrower.or find 1 at any small engine shop.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:21 PM »
http://www.partstree.com

Have no experience with them, but their web pages are great.  Just go to Tecumseh and enter the correct numbers.  You will get to look at an exploded parts diagram.  Prices seem reasonable, and shipping is not twice what you think it should be (compared to some other places).

MD

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2010, 06:19 AM »
Mainedog
Thanks

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Had to go to the TORO shop the other day for a belt for my snowblower, and ask the guy at the desk who is also the mechanic if he stocked a primer bulb, so he looked on his computer for the location of it, and said that the shelf was empty. Then he said, just a minute, and left for the back of the shop, and returned with a carburator, with a primer bulb on it, and ask if that was what I was looking for, and gave me the whole thing. Nice guy.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Had to go to the TORO shop the other day for a belt for my snowblower, and ask the guy at the desk who is also the mechanic if he stocked a primer bulb, so he looked on his computer for the location of it, and said that the shelf was empty. Then he said, just a minute, and left for the back of the shop, and returned with a carburator, with a primer bulb on it, and ask if that was what I was looking for, and gave me the whole thing. Nice guy.
the toro snowthrower i got my primer bulb off had the exact same carb that was on my auger also.it was a 3 horse 2 stroke engine

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:50 PM »
looked at my toro snowblower and it has the same primer bulb as the jiffy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.