Author Topic: DCL  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Barnesjr

• IceShanty Rookie
DCL
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Never fished deep creek ice where is best access for parking and taking wife and granddaughter.

Offline shanedoe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: DCL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 03:15 PM »
With a granddaughter might want to try across street from brendas pizza.

Offline 412fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:30 PM »
The state park

Offline FreelanceAngling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:01 PM »
I have heard the State Park

Offline Jeremy Quick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Went out from park lake was 12 inches yesterday caught perch and walleye

Offline monster fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Completely new to this lake.  Is their anywhere to park along the lake? I’ve been told that parking is very limited. I’ve been told some generals areas on the southern part of the lake to fish,but no one can tell me if there is legal parking or not. Most have said that they look for where someone else have parked and just park their. I really don’t want to piss of someone and park on their land. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Parking is a challenge on this lake.  The state park has ample parking there, with some good fishing close by, and you can always walk to other areas.....lake has been pretty 'walking friendly' the past couple weekends....not alot of snow on top.  Down around the McHenry area, I think there is parking in some of the retail areas down there.

Offline eyestrainer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:43 AM »
Do they charge you to park at the state park? And can u drive down to the launch and drop off your sled?

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2018, 12:08 PM »
i dont think they charge you......and depends on the driving thing.....they leave the snow pack for the snowmobiles, so I think they prefer you dont drive on that road leading to the ramp....it is marked snowmobiles only.....

Offline monster fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Parking is a challenge on this lake.  The state park has ample parking there, with some good fishing close by, and you can always walk to other areas.....lake has been pretty 'walking friendly' the past couple weekends....not alot of snow on top.  Down around the McHenry area, I think there is parking in some of the retail areas down there.

Thanks perchnut. We will be down fri-sun hope to have tight lines. 

Offline wvengineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2018, 02:08 PM »
I had my license checked on Saturday by a rather polite DNR officer and I specifically asked if the fee was required to park at the boat ramp and walk onto the ice.  He said it wad not.  The language on the park's site and down at the ramp is a little ambiguous so that's why I asked.  Monday I parked at the boat ramp.  You have to park in the upper lot and I don't believe you can drive to the ramp.  As perchnut said they have signs up that say snowmobiles only. 

Offline McfishinWV

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Another recommendation for the state park as well. Fishing is good there and you know you’ll be ok parking. Have fun!

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Fished behind the State Park Discovery Center. Water mostly clear but one spot cloudy. 13 to 15" of solid black ice. Slow fishing.

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:42 PM »
This thaw has me concerned. The edges are going fast & the refreeze has shrunk.

Offline WVicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:04 AM »
I fished Deep Creek on Saturday afternoon.  Caught two very nice walleye and one jumbo perch.  All of the action came on tip ups in about 14-15 FOW.  Could not get a bite on the jigging rod.

Offline WVicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:06 AM »
I also fished Sunday morning until about noon.  Caught 3 pike and nothing else.  Total of about 6-7 flags.  Pretty slow day but the weather was great and it was still nice to be on the ice.  Went to about 19-20 FOW.  Others in the area were on catching pike as well.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Extended forecast doesn’t look good rather lots of 40s and 50 degree days. Weird winter very up and down lately.

Offline WVicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:49 AM »
I am going to try to get on the ice this weekend if it is thick enough.

Offline XhardwaterX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:22 AM »
See ya there. I'm sure it's thick enough, getting on it might be a problem though haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.