The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2013 Islands Derby Resulsts?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
2013 Islands Derby Resulsts?
« on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Just curious what was entered for this years derby? 

Offline Billy Dance

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2013 Islands Derby Resulsts?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:31 PM »
goose just thought id let u know i broke in the new rod at caspian tonight haha shorty but still jigged him right out of the hole.  ill catch up with u later bud

Offline WildFisherWomanVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2013, 06:44 AM »
We didnt catch much of anything nor did we even have a big crew this year. All dinky pike. There was all moderate sized stuff of the boards that I saw. The lake was dead. I dont think the derby got much play this year. Weather musta scared folks off  :P
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2013, 01:44 PM »
I got it now, had to click on "wall"

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2013, 04:57 PM »
I saw the link on FB earlier today and my stupid Iphone is broke so I couldnt post the link here.

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Well, my three Nephews, had a great time and caught some nice Northern Pike, two, Ling (Cusk) and I caught a beautiful Largemouth Bass, also three Northern Pike, but the biggest was 4 Lbs, that I released, then down the hole.  My Nephews, took the pictures, of the ones that we did get to take, before releasing some, by there cellphones.  The biggest Pike, was taken to the Weigh-in Station, and then released alive.  It weighed in at 11.54 Lbs.  My other Nephew, got a 9 Lb Northern Pike, but didn't Weigh it in.  It was pretty cold, with my hands, freezing up, pretty fast.  We had a great time oh, and saw some friends on the ice.  We had one meal of Sweet Sausage, with Green peppers and Onions, yum, yum.  I cooked the food.  ;D

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2013, 06:15 PM »
do you mind me asking were abouts you caught the cusk?
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2013, 06:11 AM »
We caught the Cusk, at around 7pm, one on a tipup, and one jigging with a live minnow.  We were in Missisquoi Bay.  We had a Canadian guy, on his four-wheeler, who kept coming over, and coming close to our tip-ups, doing donuts.  My Nephews, were not happy.  I told them, that if he came over one more time, I was going to start walking over, to where he came from, and give him, a pease of my mind, but they said, oh don't do that.  I kepted my cool, and he never came back. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.