Author Topic: Lake Dauphin Today  (Read 2644 times)

grumpymoe

Lake Dauphin Today
« on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:36 PM »
We had a howler here on thursday....strong winds that upsets the fishery....Rockbottom mentioned 3 days for things to settle down and get the bite on......couldnt be more right....-17C this morning and head out to hopefully hit the eyes.....just settle down for late breakfast...wham....ni ce fatty that is just a legal keeper by smidgeons...(18" to 28" must be released).... sorry about the glare...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Mountainmama gets a dandy on and shortly after SNAPS the line                                                                                                                                                                                                                           quite awhile later, another dandy fight.....but i cant blame her for not wantin g to hold this ugly brute...                                                                                                                                                                                                         decide to cut the day short and make a long one tomorrow...hopefully things are back to normal with the bite and eyes......Grump                                                                                       

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Lake Dauphin Today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:42 PM »
One thing missing in those pictures is the great Big Walleye :woot: :woot: Grump beauty walleye buddy. Hey did you keep the burbot? They are really good to eat. That was a nice one. Your right maybe that is what I lost the other day. ::) ::) Well it's nice to see that MM is giving you some competition buddy. Hopefully it picks up tommorrow for you guy's. Did you drive out?
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:48 PM »
Nice pics grump. Nice to see I'm going to have some competition in the burbot/walleye category. Now if we can just find fishermanjake. How long was she grumpy?

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:52 PM »
BW....yes we kept the burbot.....and we drove out....ice just a cracking...music to my ears.......Terry....ha rd to measure those devils when they keep curling up around your arm...best I could do was around 28 inches or so....nice piece of lobster off it though.....not too sure if this lake will produce the magical 30" though....possibly Lake Manitoba but definetely Lake Winnipeg for sure...Grump

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:56 PM »
Hey grump lake manitoba has produced all but one of my trophy burbot's.Delta is a killer in the month of March for burbot. man the one that MM caught sure looks longer then 28 inches. way to go MM. Tommorrow you go get them girl. :flex: :flex:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Paradice

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2004, 08:10 PM »
I think i'd kill that for the good of the fishery.  Was that an eel pout?

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2004, 08:17 PM »
yes Eelpout/Burbot/Mariah/Lawyer/Ling    all the same fish.....a voracious eater....specializing in walleye and anything else that moves.... ;D ;D...Grump

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2004, 08:18 PM »
 :clap:  Way to go MM...you keep GM in his place  ;)

Looks like the shack is seeing good use already.  Keep on going.  I'm taking Monday off to get my fix.  Weather looks like it will be a bit nicer, but that could put the fish off too.  I guess we'll see.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Your making my mouth water Moe. Keep em coming. If I can't find ice at least I can still see some nice ice pics.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2004, 01:49 PM »
I agree with you. The burbot is the vorace predator on any king of fish
Dont give up grumpymoe, great pics, ;)
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.