The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where are all the ice fishermen?  (Read 5213 times)

Offline RidgeRunner2

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
  • Sherry @ Ridge Runner Bait
Where are all the ice fishermen?
« on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Thursday morning, 18°, light wind, plenty of ice.  Where is everyone?  We get fresh bait today.  Catching big perch out of Lake Elmore and good catches being reported out of Woodbury Lake.  Nelson Pond still producing good size trout.
Sherry Paige
Ridge Runner Bait
177 Vermont Route 12
Putnamville Village
Middlesex VT  05602
802-229-4246
Good Luck Fishing!

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where are all the ice fishermen?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2021, 08:03 AM »
Curious what species of trout you are seeing come out of Nelson Pond?  I've never fished there and am focusing my attention on trout species for the next couple of weeks. 
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2021, 08:51 AM »
They sell bait. So that’s why they asked where the fisherman are.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2021, 09:03 AM »
There are some big perch in Elmore.
Jim and his wife at ridge runner bait have the best bait shop in the state. Open year around. They are also very knowledgeable and willing to share information.
Nicest people I have ever met.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Some of us are at work...
Went last evening after work, caught several yellows, threw all back under 9", kept a dozen 10" & over

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2021, 10:53 AM »
A better question might be, why would you want to know where all the fishermen are?  I usually want to see less of them, lol.  And, then another is why would you blow up a good perch bite?  Might as well put it on face book!  A buddy of mine just made one of the truest statements, the other day, that I have ever heard.  He said, "You will never see a good fisherman put where he is catching fish, on Face Book.  Face Book is for two kinds of idiots.  Those who don't know how to fish and those who have to brag about their catch!"  If I was catching nice perch or good trout, I sure wouldn't be telling everyone where I was fishing.  Tomorrow you won't have to wonder where all the fishermen are, there will be 300 of them trying to fish out of your hole.  Seen it happen too many times to count.  Looking at the count on your posts, tells me you are a novice to this site, and maybe ice fishing, as well.  Yes, this site is to help others, but telling someone where you are catching fish is like telling them where your best Morel mushroom hunting spot is!  You just shouldn't do it.  A good point, Mike is already wanting to know what kind of trout your are catching.  So Mike goes out and catches a nice mess, then he tell his brother, "Man you should see the trout I caught yesterday.  And, Mike's brother wants to go buy Mike has to work, so he calls his buddy and says, "My brother just got some trout the other day, want to go tomorrow?"  Then his Brother's buddy tells someone, etc, etc. etc., I think you can figure out the rest of the story.   I'll give out info about how to catch fish, and yes even some lake that I like to fish, but I certainly won't give out that I'm catching nice fish on any particular lake.  Hopefully you just learned something about posting where you are catching nice fish.  If not good luck when you see way too many guys in your favorite spot.
Chill out, man. Talk about dramatic

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Chill out, man. Talk about dramatic

Right? Why is this guy even on a fishing forum if he isn’t looking to get or give info himself? Sounds hypocritical. I agree, he needs to chill out.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Man you guys sure are wound up tighter than a dolphins blowhole 40 leagues under the sea.  Isnt VT a legal state? 

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:51 AM »
A better question might be, why would you want to know where all the fishermen are?  I usually want to see less of them, lol.  And, then another is why would you blow up a good perch bite?  Might as well put it on face book!  A buddy of mine just made one of the truest statements, the other day, that I have ever heard.  He said, "You will never see a good fisherman put where he is catching fish, on Face Book.  Face Book is for two kinds of idiots.  Those who don't know how to fish and those who have to brag about their catch!"  If I was catching nice perch or good trout, I sure wouldn't be telling everyone where I was fishing.  Tomorrow you won't have to wonder where all the fishermen are, there will be 300 of them trying to fish out of your hole.  Seen it happen too many times to count.  Looking at the count on your posts, tells me you are a novice to this site, and maybe ice fishing, as well.  Yes, this site is to help others, but telling someone where you are catching fish is like telling them where your best Morel mushroom hunting spot is!  You just shouldn't do it.  A good point, Mike is already wanting to know what kind of trout your are catching.  So Mike goes out and catches a nice mess, then he tell his brother, "Man you should see the trout I caught yesterday.  And, Mike's brother wants to go buy Mike has to work, so he calls his buddy and says, "My brother just got some trout the other day, want to go tomorrow?"  Then his Brother's buddy tells someone, etc, etc. etc., I think you can figure out the rest of the story.   I'll give out info about how to catch fish, and yes even some lake that I like to fish, but I certainly won't give out that I'm catching nice fish on any particular lake.  Hopefully you just learned something about posting where you are catching nice fish.  If not good luck when you see way too many guys in your favorite spot.

Newsflash! Someone is getting big perch out of Elmore! The cat's really out of the bag now! Try not to get trampled out there! :P

Offline ryleyr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:57 AM »
How many times you gonna contradict yourself there bud?

Offline Milfoil_Hunter_VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:03 PM »
Guy is clearly bored and trolling. Don't feed the troll!!!!!

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:07 PM »
They sell bait. So that’s why they asked where the fisherman are.

Oh, and an Ice Shanty sponsor....

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:22 PM »
When I first read it I clearly figured they had a bait shop of some sort. Meaning~ what they were trying to get across is that their still is plenty of lakes with decent ice and fishing. I’m currently on a lake with pretty good ice and very little fisherman....

Offline vtarmyvet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2021, 01:27 PM »
When I first read it I clearly figured they had a bait shop of some sort. Meaning~ what they were trying to get across is that their still is plenty of lakes with decent ice and fishing. I’m currently on a lake with pretty good ice and very little fisherman....

Wish I had the same problem...I'm stuck at work...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Wish I had the same problem...I'm stuck at work...

Same here.  Hope the desk driving is going well over there!

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2021, 01:50 PM »
Big perch in Elmore? Haha very funny
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2021, 01:57 PM »
Same here.  Hope the desk driving is going well over there!
Lol!
Slow bite today....
Now work will be better haha

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Slow bite here in Florida

Offline Vrmontrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:45 PM »
I've bought bait in the past from Ridge Runner, awesome place and people.  Someone is there to sell just about all hours of the day, easy snitch.

Offline the_doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:44 PM »
Face Book is for two kinds of idiots.  Those who don't know how to fish and those who have to brag about their catch!
Controversy aside, this part is dead on. Love the forums like IceShanty...can't stand most of what goes on FB.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Mar 05, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Lol!
Slow bite today....
Now work will be better haha

Yesterday I could have fished...today death by meetings....

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2021, 05:59 AM »
Controversy aside, this part is dead on. Love the forums like IceShanty...can't stand most of what goes on FB.

I deleted FaceBash a while ago, too much BS and drama on it...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Mar 05, 2021, 07:26 PM »
I deleted FaceBash a while ago, too much BS and drama on it...

Love that.  Just one less data point for them to sell.  Nice work. 

Offline Fish4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2021, 10:00 AM »
I’m not sure why some fishermen feel they can’t share information about where they fish. Last Friday I was driving by my favorite spot and I noticed two people fishing near where I fish. I knew they weren’t catching any fish because they were in too shallow of water. It was a nice day so I walked out on the ice and spoke to them. They had only caught two fish. One it was the middle of the day and fish are inactive most of the time there mid day. Secondly they were only in 7 to 8 feet of water. I told them that I fish there all the time that they may have seen my shanty and they would have better luck if they moved out to the drop off in 10 to 14 feet of water. Also they should fish early morning or late afternoon, especially the couple hours just before dusk. The following Sunday I was fishing in that spot and late in the afternoon I saw them walk out onto the ice with two small children. When I was done fishing I went to talk with them. They told me they did return late afternoon on Friday and caught a ton of fish and thank me for the tip. They had so much fun they came out on Sunday with their grandchildren so they could also enjoy catching lots of fish. As we talked they were basically pulling nice large perch one right after the other and the kids were having a blast. To me that’s what fishing is about. There’s enough fish in the lakes for all of us.

weekdays

« Reply #24 on: Mar 06, 2021, 05:51 PM »
Sometimes I've been known to put up "No Trespassing" signs at my hot spots, so far it's working well! Heck I came out of the womb with all the coord's , and fishing ability needed. Never had a problem with being pushed out of an area, usually it led me to find my next honey hole, I've shown others where to go what to use, the time of day and I still haven't gone hungry! So many fish so little time! It can be a good feeling to watch someone spend the day as a family on the ice and go home with a meal to share together, a meal they provided for themselves, makes for some great stories and good times they'll talk about for years... Yes the facebook, some waste their lives away on that crap! Wake up high school is over! Good luck to you Snitch, we've got a good week ahead of us!

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2021, 05:34 AM »
Better keep watching it, I deleted FB over 8 years ago.  My profile is still there!  I have tried and tried to delete it totally.  I even tried contacting the company.  Good luck with that!  MY profile is still there but I don't even click to turn it on anymore.  My wife has an account and if I ever see where I said something on there or did something on there, I'll be suing their ars!  If anyone on here has deleted their account and has found that it is indeed entirely gone, please PM me and let me know how you did it.  Thank you.
I can't tell you how I did it because it was about 8 years ago but its a project to fully delete it. It was page after page of facebook asking if you're sure and trying to convince you not to do it. I think its a terrible website for anyone especially kids and they openly admit they designed it to steal and sell peoples information. I like the idea of connecting with friends and family but in reality it does the opposite, now everyone just says happy birthday on there and can't even bother to give you a card or a phone call.

Offline Fish4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 07, 2021, 10:12 AM »
44 52.490N.  73 21.707W.      Enjoy!

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 07, 2021, 12:08 PM »
Haha i love it.. Fishing should be fun! Nobody owns the water.. There arent many "hot spots" that last for more than a year or two anyways.. Fish move, patterns change.. Life is to short to be fishing angry! Share, enjoy and tight lines..

Quote from: Fish4me
link=topic=384294.msg4180393#msg4180393 date=1615133533
44 52.490N.  73 21.707W.      Enjoy!

Offline Fish4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2021, 05:12 PM »
I agree! Nobody owns the lake and fishing should be fun. It might get crowded there as I have personally showed at least10 people the spot and now gave the coordinates to hundreds. LOL

Offline Fish4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2021, 09:06 PM »
I’m feeling very under appreciated...LOL. Went to the spot I shared the coordinates for expecting to see all my new found friends and only saw a few of the regular locals. 50 degrees and a bit windy but we killed the perch!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.