New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: vexiliar transducers  (Read 690 times)

PWR BAIT

vexiliar transducers
« on: Dec 12, 2006, 03:59 PM »
 does anyone have a dualbeam 9and19 degree transducer that they use on their vex. im thinking about buying one i now have a 19 degree is it worth having the extra 9 degree for deeper water. it seems the gain on 19 has to be turned up to high to pick up smaller jigs.any info will be appreciated thanks  PB

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
Re: vexiliar transducers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:16 PM »
I have the dual beam on my FL18 Ultrapack. I use the narrow beam most often when fishing in weeds or near a drop off. I feel that those are the best two reasons for the dual beam. I rarely fish in water more than 30 feet and both will work fine.
Pete Lewis

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2006, 05:54 PM »
PWR,

I have the same setup as eyedoktr, and I agree with him.  The 9 degree is nice to clear up some of the clutter when fishing in shallow weeds, its nice to limit the dead zone when fishing a sharp dropoff, and it is a must when you get up around the 40 foot range.

As for power to pick up small jigs... the 9 degree will pick them up a bit better, but it is not as much as if you switch between hi/low power modes (if you are using a FL-18).

PWR BAIT

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 09:08 PM »
thanks guys for the info i fish 20 to 40 fow  quite a bit and i think the 9 degrees will tighten the pattern up for the size jigs i use.thank you very much. PB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.