New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New Shelter  (Read 1524 times)

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Shelter
« on: Dec 03, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Was in Gander the other day- saw a new shelter thats out- pretty cool. Its one of those folding nylon chairs with a cover framed with bandsteel that flips up over you while you're in the chair. I fish after work alot- my clam doesent fit into my car but this thing will fit the bill nicely. Called the Pak Shak or something like that . At $99 I'm gonna try it. Wish I was smart enough to come up with it!

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
Re: New Shelter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Iceenut told me he saw those chairs at Dicks yesterday, same price I think too.
Sounds like a pretty cool investment for the guy traveling light, or somebody starting out that doesn't have a ton of cash for start up.

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2006, 02:47 PM »

There are pictures of this thing on; redrockstore.com

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2006, 09:02 AM »
I believe it is made by Nature Vision and it is called the Pak-Shak...the same folks that make the aqua -view cameras,I tried out the demo in the store and it is pretty cool.Plenty of room for a guy my size(5'10'')but you bigger fellas may find it a little cramped.I'm thinking about getting one,for those light gear trips,and at a third of the cost of most portables. :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2006, 10:13 AM »
guy's I'm 6'4" and there is plenty of room in it for me In my opinion at just 10lb's it's the ultimate early ice
shack and the price is right I guess that's why we sold out in a matter of day's but don't worry I have more coming.
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Picked one up last week, figured it was the ideal thing for those short local fishin trips when I didn't want to wrestle the trap outta the back of the truck or bother with settin' up the DX4000. It'll be a great early ice sight fishin' shack. Appears to be well made. Oh yeah, it has ambidextrous beverage holders.  ;) :D

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2006, 02:05 PM »
the ysold out alreadyy  :o :o

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2006, 08:24 AM »
I found one for my Dad. A little "do-it-yourself" Surf & Turf Kit for Christmas ;) !  He's coming later to pick up some venison- thought I'd better give it to him now before he finds one at the store & winds up with 2. Now all we need is some cold- looks like Christmas ice is out- maybe for new years?

Offline macker13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Oh yeah, it has ambidextrous beverage holders.  ;) :D

Hey Quack_Attack.  Those are BAIT holders....

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Looked at one for my son but decided against it because you wouldn't want to walk away from it in any kind of wind .
They do look handy but not real durable  < imo >  . I'd just hate to spend even a hundred bucks to find out they wont stand up well to any kind of wind .
I think I would rather spend a few more bucks and get a good one .
Save your money guy's and ask SANTA for gift certificates instead of gift's and put those with your money and get a good one so you wont have to buy another one down the road .

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Looked at one for my son but decided against it because you wouldn't want to walk away from it in any kind of wind .
They do look handy but not real durable  < imo >  . I'd just hate to spend even a hundred bucks to find out they wont stand up well to any kind of wind .
I think I would rather spend a few more bucks and get a good one .
Save your money guy's and ask SANTA for gift certificates instead of gift's and put those with your money and get a good one so you wont have to buy another one down the road .

I agree! How long do those fold up type chairs last camping or just around the house...not long.
You will not get any duration from these. It's a cool concept though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.