New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Weathers impact on fishing this weekend?????  (Read 565 times)

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Weathers impact on fishing this weekend?????
« on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:21 AM »
First  time I was out this year  with partly cloudy skies and pressure going up Fishing was amazing. Next time out in these conditions it was slower but caught a big fish. As soon as the pressure started to go down the bite turned off. Tomorrow partly cloudy skies with a stable pressure until about 10:30 then starts to drop. E-SE wind starts at 9 for a quick minute then again at 12 ( Just going by what the forecast says)...... I'm hoping for some good fishing early morning. Normally with the east wind I'd say it would slow up. But with this snow coming in I'm going to say the bite slows down but some bigger fish as the snow falls...Just my guess!!!
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Weathers impact on fishing this weekend?????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Wishful thinking, and im right there with ya! hoping the front coming through will turn them on at the start
-Eggs

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Good luck capt, you heading to the honey hole ?  We are headed up to cossayuna sat . Local spot has been cold but will get better in a week or two.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Yes sir Lakerman... Got a 40'' Pike there last weekend. I'm hoping more of the same...LOL.... How have you been doing? Any big fish? Never been where your going. Let me know how you do. And good luck.
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:12 AM »
i was near your spot a few weeks ago just checking it out. Have you had company there or no ? Im thinking on trying it on a weekday, maybe some of this snow will be down for better access. Myself nothing real big, but last weekend one of our guys got a 12 pound pike, then next day another got a 15 pounder. Overall been slow compared to last year for us

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:23 AM »
It's been the same couple of guys down there besides me. Last weekend a few new guys came  and the fishing was slow to none. They came right after I got the 40"er.  Not sure if they will return. Weather was cold and windy so they may. You may just be by yourself if you go during the week.
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:37 AM »
wind from the east fishing the least.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:44 AM »
wind from the east fishing the least.

The East SE wind starts at about 9. I'm expecting good fishing until then. Ok' Hoping is a better word...LOL....  Watch. The opposite will happen. Pressure drops East SE wind and the bite will turn on....I've had stranger things happen...
EL CAPITANO !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.