New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: maggots  (Read 3200 times)

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: maggots
« Reply #30 on: Mar 31, 2014, 09:33 PM »
What is the "proper" way to hook a maggot?
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 31, 2014, 10:55 PM »
I find that hooking them tween the eye spots so that the tail end wiggles...lol..BigD
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:37 AM »
"heavy doses of oily fish meat (mostly salmon carcasses) without dying real fast"= smelly grubs we had some in the shop this season that were fed salmon and they stunk. other batches were fed chicken and we got less complaints from those tubes cause the didn't stink up the house fridge

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:24 PM »
Good info here , but I clicked on this thread thinking it was about our politicians in Albany .  ;D

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:01 AM »
i  use  the  gulp  alive  too   i  do  have  to  admit  i  didn't  know  about  depriving  them  of  oxygen  i  have  always  punched  holes  in  the  containers  thanks  for  the  tips   guys

I didn't realize you needed to punch holes in the gulp alive container. 

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Apr 02, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Good info here , but I clicked on this thread thinking it was about our politicians in Albany .  ;D
LMFAO! That kind of maggots is usually preceded by an "F" word.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #36 on: Apr 02, 2014, 09:33 AM »
seems like you could just leave a leftover burger out for a week and pick the maggots off.. but like you guys were saying the one you buy are tougher.. we used to have a worm farm at my old hunting camp.. boy that thing was a life saver.. not having to drive 45 minutes to a bait shop.. it would be discusting to do that with maggots but worth it

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:29 PM »
your  reaching  with  oat meal  and  a temp  fluctuating   from opening  a  door  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:(were  talking  maggots  here  not a  new  born )

new born are not found of the frig, they are like wax worms keep at room temperature  :woot:   I have a small frig I keep my bait in , I use to get spike by the 5-10,000 large container with lots of dust with vented lid kept for the season , but must be tended from time to time, not much effort needed to keep them  , and trapp technically they are new born ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.