New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Whats up with Lake George?  (Read 4019 times)

GILLY 1

Whats up with Lake George?
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 12:03 PM »
 I heard this lake was great for yellow perch , both times we went up to the south end of lake we only caught 2 yellows and a bunch of whites whats up with that?

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Re: Whats up with Lake George?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 12:22 PM »
you must not be fishing in the right places - i have never even heard of a white perch from lake george till just a few days ago... any grassbeds in 20 - 40 FOW should be thick with yellow perch.

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2005, 02:31 PM »
I heard this lake was great for yellow perch , both times we went up to the south end of lake we only caught 2 yellows and a bunch of whites whats up with that?
i never heard or seen a white perch come out of there nethier till the other day when a guy showed me some he caught down south of hullets,usally by know you should be getting the yellows good on the grass beds,or on the sand around the islands,bill

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2005, 03:13 PM »
I'm yet to have a trip where I haven't caught perch when fishing in 40 feet of water or less, even when jigging for lakers with big Swedish Pimples. And I am yet to see a White Perch from Lake George.

Offline sounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:13 PM »
white perch in lake george ????????????????????????????

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Its new to me, but I beleive CM, he knows what he's talking about...this sucks, they'll probably wipe out the yellows. :(
Hopefully not.

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:42 PM »
The whites in George are not going to wipe out the yellows, they will co-exist, and the fish will eventually be larger both species....I've seen it in numerous clear water lakes...
It's all about Karma.....

GILLY 1

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2005, 06:20 AM »
you must not be fishing in the right places - i have never even heard of a white perch from lake george till just a few days ago... any grassbeds in 20 - 40 FOW should be thick with yellow perch.
I'm thinking of giving it another try over the weekend right off the beach at Hullets' any Idea how far out I should go ? Currently I am using A pink fly on bottom and two orange and brown bibbets, should I try something else. My first fly is 1' from bottom the other 2 are about2' up from that.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2005, 06:35 AM »
I'm thinking of giving it another try over the weekend right off the beach at Hullets' any Idea how far out I should go ? Currently I am using A pink fly on bottom and two orange and brown bibbets, should I try something else. My first fly is 1' from bottom the other 2 are about2' up from that.

I used Hali's with spikes, barely jiggle it. ;)

-Wes

Offline ilikepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if the fish arnt hitting eat venison
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:07 AM »
white perch ??????????????????? never heard of them in lake george  :-\ :-\ :-\ :tipup: :wacko: :wacko:
hows your big fat sucker

GILLY 1

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2005, 04:36 PM »
white perch ??????????????????? never heard of them in lake george  :-\ :-\ :-\ :tipup: :wacko: :wacko:
Niether did crappieman until he saw with his own eyes, after reading that nobody has heard of them in this lake before so many times I called an affiliate of Dec and they said that they shouldn't pose any kind of threat.

camo_fish

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2005, 07:02 PM »
All we found today was yellow's no whities.  ;D

Fish On!
No place like the King.  ;D

NAD42

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:45 PM »
...south end? ...lol    .......come on dude....read a bit about this place and you'll be filleting all night long!!

marzrw

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:52 PM »
I don't perch fish, only trout, but let me tell you, some guys do very well on Lake George, some actually do too well and go above and beyond the legal limit. I don't know where to fish for perch, but if you do know where to go on George, you can make a killing. As always it takes time, talking, and sly investigating.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:20 PM »
 Pick a bay any bay, huddle, dunhams, sawmill, northwest, cotton point and the list goes on.
Jason

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2005, 02:53 PM »
 gill man if you still fishing goerge and need some insight pm me,i have all types of  maps and reading of  our paper graphs and i can hook you up so you can get into the perch besides my uncles guilded on the king for alot of years,they also told me that they came across schools of white perch while they were in search of smelt when they  trolling for lakers and salmon,bill

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I just wish there was ice covering the lake. Also I hope the lack in the ability to get on the ice this makes for better fishing in the next few years! This was one of my favorite lakes to fish and all around have a good time at.

*Fidler*  :tipup:
!!FLAG!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:34 PM »
I just wish there was ice covering the lake. Also I hope the lack in the ability to get on the ice this makes for better fishing in the next few years! This was one of my favorite lakes to fish and all around have a good time at.

*Fidler*  :tipup:

X2

Offline urrkel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:36 PM »
whats up with this 2k5 thread?

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:38 PM »
X3 I'm in mourning

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Last year was my first time back in years and was really looking forward to spending time up there........well next year.

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:38 AM »
I was skimming through threads and this one suited my needs instead of making 'another one. I so miss LG can remember many times going there as a kid and reaching our limit of perch in a few hours and always a good time. With this wacky winter just glad I got some fishing in even if I gotta travel farther to get to it.
!!FLAG!!

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:59 AM »
keep searching till ya find em..like big reds sig reads. once u get on the deep grass beds! need to find the right hole then its crazy. i love the halis and the fish can hit real lite. i use 2 lb test a noodle rod and set the hook if there i any resistance on the tip. if you are not catchin fish keep moving!i freaking hate the south end million dollar beach. i know guys who do well there but not me. more slaps in the face then limits.
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Would like to see a pic of a white perch from lake George.  Never heard of one ever caught there.  Are you sure they weren't cisco's. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Would like to see a pic of a white perch from lake George.  Never heard of one ever caught there.  Are you sure they weren't cisco's.

most certainly were ciscoes.   Love this thread, blast from the past!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.