New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Iceshanty Stolen off Lake Pleasant in Speculator(shanty found and returned)  (Read 2991 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Iceshanty Stolen off Lake Pleasant in Speculator
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:43 AM »
i found one of my buds last year over 2 miles away near one of my spots , he called me and asked if i had seen it i replied i thought you were fishing down this way, hope your shack turns up only a lowlife would steal another mans shack , take a good look around kids could have hooked onto it a hid it some where

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:53 AM »
That's just wrong ! Hope you find it ! I've seen a few broken into but never stolen .
Best of luck !
---- Joe ----

Offline 1beaver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trapper
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:15 AM »
wow cool shanty...dont think it would make it down here but who knows right....sorry to hear that.
the bone

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Passed along to me:

Just an update. The ice shanty has been located. thank you very much for posting it. Pending investigation, but all contents were still inside. some damage to it but nothing my dad can't repair. Looks to be some local kids looking for booze and to screw with people. Hopefully the theives talk to the right people and we find out who actually took it. Thank you again. Stacy W and Pat & Wendell
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:26 AM »
wow...people  will  steal  anything  ...i'm sorry  hope  they get there  shanty  back....i  was fishing  sandy pond  ,someone  poped  the  lock on my  truck  cap  stole  my  alice pack  heater ,and  stove, few  odds and  ends  ....  it  sure  eats at you!

Offline capthook88

• IceShanty Rookie
 :clap: :clap: Glad to hear you got your shanty back. It dose not take long for the word to spread.  :tipup: :tipup:
I have never been lost, just a bit confused for a few days !
" TEAM CAPTHOOKS "
 CAPTHOOK88/GREG

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Passed along to me:

Just an update. The ice shanty has been located. thank you very much for posting it. Pending investigation, but all contents were still inside. some damage to it but nothing my dad can't repair. Looks to be some local kids looking for booze and to screw with people. Hopefully the theives talk to the right people and we find out who actually took it. Thank you again. Stacy W and Pat & Wendell
They probably had plans to use it until someone mentioned it was plastered all over the internet. Then they got scared and dumped it/or just simply didn`t return to it. Glad ya got it and the gear back. That`s great! ;D

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
two years ago we were at the contest there and en con came up from behind and asked questions about seeing anyone out this way. We said no and he told us he was investigating a break in of a shanty which led to stolen booze, jack Daniels i think. I know that because we bumped into the guy who owned the shanty while having a few at the Inn.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.