New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Who's Fishing Caroga this Sunday 3-13-11  (Read 1892 times)

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who's Fishing Caroga this Sunday 3-13-11
« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Anyone have the results of the contest.  Just wundering since the fishing seemed to be slow there this year

Offline bornt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Not to be a jerk, but can lakes this size handle the pressure of tournaments.  Some years there are mupltiple tourneys during the ice fishing season.  Even if the proceeds go towards restocking, the warmwater species of East Caroga (perch, crappie, and pickerel) are not being restocked.  It seems the only species that is proliferating in the east lake are bass.

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2011, 05:13 PM »
They could do CPR with a tourney card? 

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Not to be a jerk, but can lakes this size handle the pressure of tournaments.  Some years there are mupltiple tourneys during the ice fishing season.  Even if the proceeds go towards restocking, the warmwater species of East Caroga (perch, crappie, and pickerel) are not being restocked.  It seems the only species that is proliferating in the east lake are bass.
the one thing that these tourneys are not damaging are the pickerel populations in east caroga, its good to thin them out a little bit to get some bigger ones i dont think the perch are getting hurt too much either the tourney is really the only time anybody keeps perch and if there under 10" they get thrown back because they usually arent money fish. a lot of guys also have livewells they drill in the ice to keep the fish alive tghen realease them once they have been measured

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Maybe next year they should charge 20$ a head and put half the entry fee towards stocking efforts.  I heard the results of the tournament were pretty pathetic

I thought the results were great, good times, good people and great fun.....guess I'm pretty simple though....what do you really expect out of this things??? ???
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #35 on: Mar 15, 2011, 04:56 AM »

All I am saying is the kid and I had fun.  That is all that matters to us.  Different strokes for different folks!   ::)
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Joe Snag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just Waiting for Deer season to open
« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Not sure what was caught,but we did catch a few pickeral,most went back in ,biggest was 21 1/4",didn't see any other fish caught in our group of 12 fishing,
..I'll try to get more results,,
[

Offline pvbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2011, 06:10 AM »
I was on west from 8-3;30 very slow. One hit and miss on a rapala jig and one bass on a tip-up.It was good to be out but I could have done without that wind.I don't use a shelter and was looking for some sun.Derbys are always fun, they add some excitement to my addiction.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.