New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: adirondack lake contest  (Read 2274 times)

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
adirondack lake contest
« on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:17 AM »
anyone else fishing the contest up on adk lake?if anyone has any ideas on a spot or bait choice id apprecite it.never icefished it and im clueless.so if ur not attending and want to help me that would be great.pm me if you'd like.i hear the northerns run a lil small so im not sure if i should use monster bait.thanks in advance for any help guys.

Offline get the gaff

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: adirondack lake contest
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:31 AM »
yea im fishing the contest as well...fished there 3 weeks ago and caught 22 pike between 4 of us...2 pike around 6lb and everything else was real small..we used pretty big pike shiners, so i would use big shiners..we fished right out in the middle of the lake near the island with the camp on it...about 10-14 feet of water with some weeds...great lake for action and it should be a good tournament, i just hope to see a big pike come out for the tourney!

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2009, 01:15 PM »
 nice.im hoping for some action and a good time with my buddies.3 of us are heading up there.ill have a black portable ice cube shanty.ill be wearing a bright green hat and my one buddy 6ft 4 and 375lbs.we should be an easy group to spot.we will have cold beer and venison stop by.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:43 PM »
were hoping to have a sled up there so we dont have to walk so we hopefully will b in you're vicinity

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • gone fishing...........
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:56 PM »
the best bet will be walking with all the slop and water on the ice  sleds and wheelers wont do anything for you :(
matty23

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:40 PM »
why is it so bad up there?that cold weather didn't freeze things up?

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:03 PM »
negative on it freezing up snow is a great insulator  so the water and slop didnt freeze at all...... :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
matty23

Offline Tom Leitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:52 PM »
When is the contest?  Was  thinking of heading there soon.

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:07 PM »
this weekend but if you didnt preregister  good luck getting a spot  if you wanna try to get in be there at 53oish good luck
matty23

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:45 PM »
so not even a sled will work? does the lake get packed?cause if it does i wanna be there early.you fishing that contest matty?

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:49 PM »
ive never seen it packed  ive been in it every year and never seen any numbers over 75ish...... you betcha ya iam in  it me and my pops and some of us from work too........  you gonna be in it too and where are you going?  maybe we can meet up some where
matty23

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:09 PM »
im already registered and a buddy or 2 will be with me.the lady i talked to said just over 100 people are registered now.ive never icefished it so im not too sure yet where we'll be.i was hoping out from the dam a ways but if you say the sled wont get us around then we will be trudging.i have the black ice cube shanty and ill be wearing that green hat i talked of earlier.should be a good time anyways.maybe i can find ya we are going to try to be there 530 545ish.we will have venison and beers stop by man.

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:20 PM »
did you say venison and beer?       iam so there hahahaah
matty23

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:42 PM »
negative on it freezing up snow is a great insulator  so the water and slop didnt freeze at all...... :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

adirondack still has slush on it... you'd figure all the sleds driving up and down on it would pack it and freeze it up but nope still has slush on it...... :(
matty23

Offline witty1171

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:56 PM »
What else is new, you're already giving my beer away. Also I'll be in camo so I won't be that easy to spot. ;D

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:44 PM »
The derby was full last year that is why they increased this years #. I believe it is full now.
Mr.Esox

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:53 PM »
It is only way to get in will be a no show probably after 8am.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:50 PM »
oh no it can't be full....ugh we wanted to get 1 more guy in.r u sure its full?oh and witty camouflage isn't hiding yourself.dont forget to pack some venison and a pan

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Yes it is full, he will have to try to get a spot someone who didn't show vacated. Just make sure he doesn't just fish with you, as it will disqualify you.
My first year going and hearing all the locals talk about how crowded and crazy it is, I may just give my spot to someone else.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:17 AM »
so is this worth my hour and a half ride in your opinion?i hate when people put holes too close its really annoying.ya think the weather will keep a bunch home?

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:12 PM »
not sure but my dad and i guy that works with us  were out there today and there are already people drilling holes and setting up already....... oh and theres alot of slush.. 4wheelers beware :(
matty23

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 23, 2009, 03:31 PM »
just drove by and it looks like a giant puddle with snow it in--- meaning  theres alot of water/slop on the ice...... not gonna be fun walking in that  :( :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
matty23

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Saw about five people out staking their claims....lol, with 180 people they won't have room to wipe the slush off their tip ups... :blink: :blink: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:38 PM »
i doubt 180 will show with the forcast/ice conditions.i know ill be there rubber boots and all.i hope some good spots are left im leaving early hope to be there by 545.long drive for me i just wanna start now!!!!!

Offline adk iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:45 PM »
the derby is already full. thats what i was told today at the town office. guess i shouldnt have waited till the last minute ::). good luck to all
and sleds will have no problem driving out there and honestly i would probably take my wheeler out there as well it didnt seem to bad today. indian on the other hand..... thats a whole other story
Can I go fishing? Unless it’s on Brant, I can’t.

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:20 PM »
see ya all out there we will be there at 515ish.... ill be wearing black everything with red boots up at the upper end  good luck to all!!  :D   (NOT) HAHHAAHAH  ;D
matty23

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2009, 04:19 PM »
30 flags between my dad and i and 23 fish biggest was 20"  one nice bass 18"          congrats to all.....
matty23

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2009, 04:24 PM »
30 flags between my dad and i and 23 fish biggest was 20"  one nice bass 18"          congrats to all.....
Wind was horrid. We had about 20 flags with 10 guys. Nothing over 15"....Two of the guys did win some great door prizes.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:23 PM »
20-25 flags between 2 of us.caught 10....were new to the pike so catch rate was down.i caught a 21 and 26 won 3rd in the 10-11 hour.oh and my buddy i was with won the hand auger.we also caught 1 bass maybe 12-13inches.few dinks and a couple 16-18 pike.awesome time up there and the venison was soooo tender.great day thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Offline witty1171

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Beer was good too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.