Author Topic: Tournament  (Read 19112 times)

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: Tournament
« Reply #60 on: Oct 29, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I don't think anyone who can enter in more than 3 categories without driving 3+ hrs has anything to complain about. Enough said.

(EDIT: I'm not complaining. I'm only saying that not everyone has grounds to complain. I think the tourney has been run great. Lord knows, we did great and can only enter 3 categories)

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #61 on: Oct 29, 2006, 04:26 PM »
I think someone needs to step back and take a long hard look at the contest that took place last year !
Nothing could have been run any smoother than it was . Remember something ... the contest was run by a volunteer and the rules were posted clearly for everyone to see .
If you don't like the way any of the contests are being run or the rules its very simple DONT JOIN THEM !
It's pretty bold to even suggest that there was unfair activity or things weren't done quite fair or to your liking .
If you so kindly would show me where I said that unfair activity took place. I said icegeek and devil did a good job. Icegeek even made a mistake and came out and said it. I don't really care who does it. I though the tourney was for fun but hell all you guys care about is fighting and arguing. I refuse to get involved anymore!!!
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Oct 29, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Your words from your first post making this ludicrous comment about who runs the tourney..."I do feel it not fair that we have another NY'er run it >>>

Why wasn't it fair??  You "implied" with your above comment that you feel by having a NY'er run the tourney that unfair practices are suspect...

You don't care who runs it but you make statements like you did??

Most of the arguements start right after "somebody" makes an idiotic comment like the one "somebody" posted today......
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #63 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Gee it would be fun to have Canada against USA heh. But us Canadians would clean up and it probably wouldn't be fair 
....its amazing how pretty much everyone thats posted since TGF, has completely avoided accepting the challenge, and preferred to get into the state versus state/province debate like last year...small in numbers but a great gang from B.C.  Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.....likely more anglers just from Team New Yap....but do I see anyone accepting the challenge?.....Naw....I think it would be great fun to see Team Canada versus Team U.S.A.    Grump

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:16 PM »
....its amazing how pretty much everyone thats posted since TGF, has completely avoided accepting the challenge, and preferred to get into the state versus state/province debate like last year...small in numbers but a great gang from B.C.  Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.....likely more anglers just from Team New Yap....but do I see anyone accepting the challenge?.....Naw....I think it would be great fun to see Team Canada versus Team U.S.A.    Grump

Might be fun....I can see a tourney like this happening.....

Do we have to use normalized scoring or can it be fish to fish with no quantun physics mathematical equations???

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:20 PM »

Heres what I came up with at the end of last years Tourney Once again NY is #1 and US is #1

I went through the leaders board and Tallied up  the top 3 winners of each category and came up with this
Starting with #1

New York 9
British Columbia 8
Pennsylvania 4
Maine 2
Wyoming 2
Manitoba 1
New Jersey 1
Ontario 1
Alberta 1
Saskatchewan 1

Canada vs United State would be
Canada  12
United States 18

okay above was just the number of entries that made it too the top 3 now if
1st place was worth 3 points
2nd 2
3rd 1

which would be a little more accurate because for instance there are 10 categories and NY placed 9 times but NY could of placed  as 3rd place in 9 categories and only receive 9 points
Pennsylvania placed 3 times which could have been 1st all three time thus tying NY for 9 points even though this didn't happen its just an example Smiley

and this compares winning entries to points awarded   kind of the way Icegeek ran the NY vs ME vs PA side tournament.

then the numbers would go as follows
New York 18
British Columbia 17
Pennsylvania 7
Wyoming 6
Maine 5
Manitoba 2
Alberta 2
New Jersey 1
Ontario 1
Saskatchewan 1

Canada 21
United States 36

and I am not denying that BC has an incrediable fishery for the 3 main species it has Lakers, Burbot and Rainbows
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

grumpymoe

« Reply #66 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:21 PM »
simple math....biggest fish in each category as per the tournament scored by Lonewolf....nothing complicated....just a good ole challenge....Grump  ;)

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:23 PM »
simple math....biggest fish in each category as per the tournament scored by Lonewolf....nothing complicated....just a good ole challenge....Grump  ;)

That is simple math Learned it years ago in Kindergarten
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:24 PM »

Well....sounds good to me..time to see what everyone else says......Esox

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #69 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:58 PM »
I'm game... sounds like fun to me !

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #70 on: Oct 29, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Your words from your first post making this ludicrous comment about who runs the tourney..."I do feel it not fair that we have another NY'er run it >>>

Why wasn't it fair??  You "implied" with your above comment that you feel by having a NY'er run the tourney that unfair practices are suspect...

You don't care who runs it but you make statements like you did??

Most of the arguements start right after "somebody" makes an idiotic comment like the one "somebody" posted today......
Exactly the way I read it . Maybe not the way it was intended to sound but thats the way its written so what are people supposed to think .

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Oct 29, 2006, 06:18 PM »

is LW doing the IS tourney? icegeek did it last year and im sure he wants out, im not sure if LW want to do this year round :D its alot of stuff to keep up with, then complaining from people, etc... i know i dont want to run it :tipup: simple math is the best way to do it, big fish = big points, little fish = little points, no fish = no points :D

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Oct 29, 2006, 06:20 PM »
is LW doing the IS tourney? icegeek did it last year and im sure he wants out, im not sure if LW want to do this year round :D its alot of stuff to keep up with, then complaining from people, etc... i know i dont want to run it :tipup: simple math is the best way to do it, big fish = big points, little fish = little points, no fish = no points :D

Wouldnt it better if each member that posted at least one fish in a Category got 1 point for their team :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #73 on: Oct 29, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Wouldn't it better if each member that posted at least one fish in a Category got 1 point for their team :)
But would that be fair? I don't know the numbers from Team Canada. But if its as lopsided as the state vs state then. It could be impossible from Team Canada to win. EX

NY had over 200 members PA had 83.
If ever member from NY and PA posted a fish The score would be
NY 200
PA 83
But if the numbers are the same or are close it would be a great idea!!!
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Oct 29, 2006, 06:33 PM »
 I say we all just go fishing! who cares about winning! Enjoy the sport, thats why were here. I doubt many people joined the sight for the tourny!
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #75 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Ok to be "FAIR" how about the mod from the U.S. with the highest number of post's and the mod from Canada with the highest number of post's get together and set the rules and choose a tourney director .
Then both sides have had their input and all is fair .
Once the rules have been posted thats that and there will be no changes made .
Sounds fair to me .

I would volunteer to help but I am in now way computer savvy enough to do it .

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I believe that a state ought to be judged on the number of entrants participating in the tourney. For example; there are over 200 entrants for NY, probably about six for Wyoming. New York has a population of about a billion while Wyoming has a population of a couple of hundred. Therefore if you take the co sin of the coefficient of population, divide it by the imaginary number 7 and carry the 3....Wyoming whips NY and BC added together. ;D

...Hmph, I been settin' so long my old behinder is stiff..." Doig's Grandma

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I believe that a state ought to be judged on the number of entrants participating in the tourney. For example; there are over 200 entrants for NY, probably about six for Wyoming. New York has a population of about a billion while Wyoming has a population of a couple of hundred. Therefore if you take the co sin of the coefficient of population, divide it by the imaginary number 7 and carry the 3....Wyoming whips NY and BC added together. ;D

I think BC only only had 8 people in tourney last year. I like the Canada vs USA tourney. We in BC feel our highly regarded burbot will not be in this years tourney. That is because we have some big ones that no walleye or burbot from other places can compete with. We are or will be then limited to 2 species. If BC joins the rest of Canada then our species will be alot more. Therefore fairer :-\

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #78 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:11 PM »
I think BC only only had 8 people in tourney last year. I like the Canada vs USA tourney. We in BC feel our highly regarded burbot will not be in this years tourney. That is because we have some big ones that no walleye or burbot from other places can compete with. We are or will be then limited to 2 species. If BC joins the rest of Canada then our species will be alot more. Therefore fairer :-\
I rest my case with my suggestion !

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:17 PM »
But would that be fair? I don't know the numbers from Team Canada. But if its as lopsided as the state vs state then. It could be impossible from Team Canada to win. EX

NY had over 200 members PA had 83.
If ever member from NY and PA posted a fish The score would be
NY 200
PA 83
But if the numbers are the same or are close it would be a great idea!!!

OMG you figured that out :)   
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Ok to be "FAIR" how about the mod from the U.S. with the highest number of post's and the mod from Canada with the highest number of post's get together and set the rules and choose a tourney director .
Then both sides have had their input and all is fair .
Once the rules have been posted thats that and there will be no changes made .
Sounds fair to me .

I would volunteer to help but I am in now way computer savvy enough to do it .

ARCH where are ya ?
Loose Lips Sink Ships

grumpymoe

« Reply #81 on: Oct 29, 2006, 08:30 PM »
That is because we have some big ones that no walleye or burbot from other places can compete with.
...Manitoba has more "throw em on the ice" trophies than Team B.C. could ever hope to match....except in skinny length.....bigger is better...length has nothing to do with anything except for STANLEY braggin rights....Grump   ;D ;D

flockshot

« Reply #82 on: Oct 30, 2006, 07:52 AM »
hey mush..you only get points for fish that place..you know that....so it wouldnt matter how many members you have.  mich will only have 20 something members..and we shall gladly except any challenge..why? cause no matter the numbers, 3 nice fish can turn the tables...thats all it takes..and so what if you dont win..woopity doo. its fun to talk trash and be a good sport...michigan got stomped in the MFF tourney..do you hear us talking about the tourney not being fair and belly aching about everything...no...we are here..talking trash again..all in good fun.. i think a US vs. CAN tourney would be fun...why not get patriotism added into the mix...same as the other tourneys right? top 3 fish from the catagories score?  MICH will represent either state or country!!!! :flex:

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #83 on: Oct 30, 2006, 07:57 AM »
Does anybody have a large size ice skimmer it's getting deep in here

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #84 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:27 AM »
hey mush..you only get points for fish that place..you know that....so it wouldnt matter how many members you have.  mich will only have 20 something members..and we shall gladly except any challenge..why? cause no matter the numbers, 3 nice fish can turn the tables...thats all it takes..and so what if you dont win..woopity doo. its fun to talk trash and be a good sport...michigan got stomped in the MFF tourney..do you hear us talking about the tourney not being fair and belly aching about everything...no...we are here..talking trash again..all in good fun.. i think a US vs. CAN tourney would be fun...why not get patriotism added into the mix...same as the other tourneys right? top 3 fish from the catagories score?  MICH will represent either state or country!!!! :flex:

Hey there is some patriotic spirit. Us Canadians are way less patriotic than most, unless it comes to hockey. So how about a fun tourney country against country? We will probably lose due to #s, but who knows, nothing is impossible ;). We just have to fish harder. I think everyone knows that Canada has an excellent fishery all over our great country. Much better than our southern buddies :whistle: . We just need some fisherpeople to get out there.

flockshot

« Reply #85 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:46 AM »
in all honesty im not worried about the numbers..i was before the MFF tourney..but when it was all said and done i came down to only a couple guys...as a matter of fact..penns beat us in points because of ONE GUY!!! its not the number of fisherman..its the fish posted in the 1st,2nd or 3rd place...you dont get points on the number of entries. one guy posting 3 first place fish almost carries the team to a guranteed top 3 standing. lets do the darn thing...i think d-man did an awsome job keeping track of the points..and country vs country is alot easier to do...only two places to keep track of..can or us.  your fishery more then makes up for a shortfall in members..especially in the winter...only a handfull of people on the US side got good ice all season long last year.  lets do it..i vote for a country vs. country tourney as opposed to a state/province vs. state/province. evens things out in my opinion. i had fun in the tourney this year both trying to get into the prizes and bragging rights.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:58 AM »
ARCH where are ya ?

lol, im not a mod, and billditrite has twice the posts as i do :D

i agree, numbers dont mean anything, its the largest 3 fish, look at the MFF tourney, polarbear from PA was only one man and almost won the tourney singlehandedly, he had every single point for PA, if you have 200 people posting 18" bass and i guy posting 3-20" bass, the 200 people are just spectators the single guy has all the points. heck camo had majority of all the points for NY, numbers just give better odds, but if only 20 people out of the 200 post fish for NY and 50 of the 83 from PA post fish, then you have to redo all the BS calculations and crap heck why not call the NFL and ask them to give the away team a 7 point head start because they only have 2000 fans out of the 80000 at the game. i noticed most of the people complaining about the math in the tourney dont even post fish in it ??? post a big fish and know you did what you could to help out your state/province :tipup:

ps, if your going to put walleye and burbot together why not have pike and musky together?
lol, im just sore about my 30" eye loosing to some burbot garbage fish :D

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #87 on: Oct 30, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Maybe we New Yorkers should retire from the contest. We know we will win anyways. Lets let some of the inferior states (pennsyltucky, maine, canada) duke it out during the contest. I think it would be much more interesting.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Oct 30, 2006, 10:08 AM »
lol, im not a mod, and billditrite has twice the posts as i do :D

i agree, numbers dont mean anything, its the largest 3 fish, look at the MFF tourney, polarbear from PA was only one man and almost won the tourney singlehandedly, he had every single point for PA, if you have 200 people posting 18" bass and i guy posting 3-20" bass, the 200 people are just spectators the single guy has all the points. heck camo had majority of all the points for NY, numbers just give better odds, but if only 20 people out of the 200 post fish for NY and 50 of the 83 from PA post fish, then you have to redo all the BS calculations and crap heck why not call the NFL and ask them to give the away team a 7 point head start because they only have 2000 fans out of the 80000 at the game. i noticed most of the people complaining about the math in the tourney dont even post fish in it ??? post a big fish and know you did what you could to help out your state/province :tipup:

ps, if your going to put walleye and burbot together why not have pike and musky together?
lol, im just sore about my 30" eye loosing to some burbot garbage fish :D

Opps missed the MOD part and  i was always under the assumption you were the #1  Postaholic on here :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #89 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Either way this goes, we all know that NY only wins because of sheer numbers. Give TEAM BC another 20 members and there wouldn't even be a purpose to this tournament.....we would destroy you.....GO TEAM CANADA........except for the stinking sens fan....GO LEAFS!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.