Author Topic: The Berry is capped .  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Berry is capped .
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Strawberry Res. is capped . I walked on 6" of ice everywhere I went yesterday but could be some thinner ice out there so be careful . Mostly slot cutts but one bow at 23" 5.25# .
Utah Ice

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Berry is capped .
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Nice Bow! What a way to start the season. Hope we here in Michigan get a season :(
How deep is the Res. you fish, and do you jig for those Cut's and Bow's?

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:24 PM »
I think it is about 90ft deep max on the side I was fishing on but the Soldier Creek side goes about 200' deep and I bet it still is not capped yet . I fish from 10' to 70' of water for most of the fish on the ice . Tube jigs 3" to 1" work and what I mainly fish with there . Ice fishing for Utah started with the smaller high lakes capping by Thanksgiving . Still waiting for some deeper big lakes to cap but most have ice now .
Utah Ice

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Aboslutely love Strawberry.  When I lived in Utah we fished Scofield until Strawberry froze over then that was all we needed.
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Beautimus rainbow!  I'm from western Colorado and have been thinkin' the berry this winter.  I mainly use white tubes and brass kastmasters for trout here, will those work on berry cutts?

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2006, 10:20 PM »
White tubes with minnow chunks work great . The lake has redside shiners and Utah chub and that is the big fish food . Spoons work at times but tube jigs work most of the time . Late season ice I would suggest downsizing your offering . Somebody pulled a 17 or 18# bow from there last ice season and it was late in the season too . Cutts from 15" to 22" must be released is the rule there , and you can only keep one cutt over 22" in you 4 fish limit .
Utah Ice

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Hit the Berry again but slow where I was . Snowmoblie will get you to fish where the foot soldiers hasn't pounded . All close access areas are reporting slow fishing . I did hook 6 today compared to 40 last week .
Utah Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.