Author Topic: DA MOON  (Read 1259 times)

JHM

DA MOON
« on: Jan 31, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I have been keeping record of moon phases for the past six months.I have noticed a pattern of hot fishing on the1/4 end and the new moon.This pattern holds up as long as the fronts are stable for two days or when fronts are changing from high to low.Has anyone else noticed any other hot fishing during moon phases?

JHM

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: DA MOON
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Yeah i've noticed it, I never have paid attention to it in the winter but I'm convinced it plays a role in the summer and don't see why it wouldn't in the winter. I noticed that the weather still plays a role as well I guess I'll keep that in mind about the fronts and see what happens :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2006, 07:23 PM »
well i dont know anythignabout the moon and pike but i do know that  walleye and crappie for me dont bite on a full moon so i dont waste my time fishing for them at this time of the month

and i do know that sunday it wa  a new moon or the day before and the fishing sucked and there was a storm moving in anyways at 1:30 it started raining and the fish started biting but not agressive at anymeans. the most finicky fish i have ever seen icefishing. The only reason I caught a few is becasue they were there :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline pimpmypike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:38 PM »
we have our best luck fishing just before a full moon.say perhaps 1 week before.if a fellow fished every day then you could figure the whole dang thing out.i fish 3 days a week so im getting close.just when a fellow thinks he has things figured out then a sunami hits and changes everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.