New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lindy Darter  (Read 3763 times)

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lindy Darter
« on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:18 AM »
So I was christmas shopping yesterday in rochester for the wife and of course I had to check out what Dick's had for ice gear.  I saw the Lindy Darter $5.99, not a bad price.  That got me itching bad so I now had to go check Gander, the Darter was $7.99 there....I was shocked at the price difference.  I mean another $2.00 on a $6.00 lure?!  I also noticed some other items was the same, HT gaff $6.99 at Dick's $9.99 Gander.  So I now had to go back to Dick's and purchase a few to try.  When I got home and looked at my reciept I noticed they were 25% off so they ended up being $4.49 each...Now thats a deal.  I couldn't believe the price difference between 2 competive stores so close.  And I even got the wife somethings she wanted. 
;

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
Re: Lindy Darter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:26 AM »
i'm gonna get a darter to try out this year, but now I'm going to check Dicks prices first...well after I spend some money on other lures at the ice fishing show this weekend....... 8)

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:28 AM »
i'm gonna get a darter to try out this year, but now I'm going to check Dicks prices first...well after I spend some money on other lures at the ice fishing show this weekend....... 8)

I was trying to hold off for the show but I couldn't resist myself
;

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:32 AM »
yeah, looking outside right now its like a small blizzard....the temps are nearly right for this time of year....

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:41 AM »
with rain on its way???...........

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:44 AM »
I picked up the perch one from herb phillipsons I think it was 4.99, gander price is a little high, I like that they have a bigger hook on them than the salmo do, I had a hard time hooking perch last year with the salmo

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2009, 02:29 PM »
I picked up the perch one from herb phillipsons I think it was 4.99, gander price is a little high, I like that they have a bigger hook on them than the salmo do, I had a hard time hooking perch last year with the salmo
one thing i did last year was put a size bigger hook on the back boy did that help exsp 4 the eyes on oniada and the perch it also made the action better the fish loved it
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:34 PM »
one thing i did last year was put a size bigger hook on the back boy did that help exsp 4 the eyes on oniada and the perch it also made the action better the fish loved it
do you no what size hook you went with and what color or colors did you have the best luck with

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:39 PM »
Lindy Darter Demonstration this thing looks sweet                                                   http://www.lakestatefishing.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31867&forum=6

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:12 AM »
do you no what size hook you went with and what color or colors did you have the best luck with
i dont remember the size of the hook  the glow minnow black and silver and the red dase glow or plan depends on the daywhat one i used
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:25 AM »
Lindy Darter Demonstration this thing looks sweet                                                   http://www.lakestatefishing.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31867&forum=6

sweet....

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:09 AM »
going to pick up a few of these to try, I'm betting they will work just as good as the chubby darter, just a little less expensive, and much easier to buy locally.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Yeah they look really good!
It'll eat.

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Has anyone tried to used these or the chubby darter open water fishing off a peir, bridge or out in a boat vertical jigging?  If you are going to spend that much it would be good to know that your could fish them year round with success.

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:40 AM »
hey guys thank you for noticing the pricing issue. this was a mistake at the gm's there was an error at corporate the lindy's where supposed to be 5.99 they keyed them with the chubbies by mistake.
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:42 AM »
here's a link to a video of the Lindy in action from the show in St. Paul this weekend...hope it helps ya

http://www.lakestatefishing.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31867&forum=6

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2009, 01:47 PM »
hey guys thank you for noticing the pricing issue. this was a mistake at the gm's there was an error at corporate the lindy's where supposed to be 5.99 they keyed them with the chubbies by mistake.

He said chubbie.....  :o   ;D
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Your going to find that alot between Dick's and Gander. altho Dick's may not have the selection that Gander does, Dick's prices are way more competitive.

Offline Team WallyGators

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2009, 11:07 PM »
hey guys brand new guy here got out on long lake yesterday fishing was horrible so i fig id try the new darter withing the first 5 mins i had a monster hit when it was on the way down but but being the first bite of the season and really not expecting one i had a poor hook set uses it for another half hr and nothing so i really dont know what to say about the darter yet anyone else get a chance to use one yet

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2009, 11:06 AM »
played around with one last nite in a 5 gallon pail...relly think this bait is gonna be a hit...2 inches of rod tip movement moved the thing to hit all sides of the bucket...gonna have one tied on for ice opener...

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2009, 02:29 PM »
Yeah I just tried mine out. Just got back from bps. Got a new 6'' lazer auger, gloves, a camera compass for my fish tv, and a lindy darter. I wanted to know how you guys think they would work for perch? I got the shad color in 1/8 hoping itll work....
It'll eat.

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #21 on: Dec 14, 2009, 05:13 PM »
wow... the action on this thing looks Awesome! What sizes and colors do you figure would be good for perch?

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I personally thought that the 1/8 would be a good size for perch. I was looking for the fathead color but the next best thing they had in stock was the shad so thats what I grabbed
It'll eat.

Offline Pace

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:49 PM »
The Lindy has a rattle inside and 1/8 oz should work well for aggressive feeding perch or walleyes.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:47 PM »
I've got the tubilee color tied on for starters...then after that I got 4 more to try...let you know if any does better than the others..best thing to do is try to match the forage in the lake

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 14, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Now that I've got more than a dozen Salmo Chubby Darters I hear about the Lindy's, go figger. I'd like to see a side by side comparison between them. Last year I only had a few chances to try the Salmo's a couple of times. One of those times I was peering down the hole and a Pickeral came through like a torpedo, grabbed the lure and kept right on going after cutting through the four lb. flouro line. $7.00 gone in a flash ten minutes out of the box. Oh well.

I ended up getting some of that coated wire 'Stretchy' leader stuff I can't remember the name of and that seemed to help. I hadda find a knot that made and held a small loop as opposed to tying tight to the lure eye so's it would flutter more like it wasn't tied directly to a stiffer/heavier line.

I didn't spend enough time out to see the need for a hook size change but I'd try Glo trebles or red if I do change. I'd like to find one that Trout like too.

All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.