Author Topic: Maumee run  (Read 5694 times)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Maumee run
« Reply #60 on: Feb 20, 2018, 12:06 PM »
I just don't get the Maumee thing...
simply right here in our back yards almost every dam on lots of rivers hold eyes.  I fish at night and usually alone....
a limit is a limit.  find a dam and fish it.  sylvan, Huntington, salamonie, every damn along the st joe from mottville to berrien springs.  there are quality fish to be had. most is just casting and drifting ...but I love just being alone in the dark. and the quality is there also.  I have a 13 on the wall from Berrien springs.  the fish start showing up in late Jan and are at these places now.  to each their own but there are so many other places closer that just seem more enjoyable
to each their own dog.....

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:05 PM »
No serious fisherman is going to deny the presence of saugeye and walleye in our local waters.  I have large ones, over 8 lbs, within 5 minutes of my house in Fort Wayne.

That being said it's nothing like being at Maumee, like it or not.  The amount of large fish within your cast on a good run day will add up to all the fish you could catch in a season in the local holes.  4 fish are 4 fish but there's nothing like fishing the Maumee.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:54 PM »
The maumee and sandusky rivers BLOW our walleye fisheries away. Hands-down!!
Got one goin'!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #63 on: Feb 20, 2018, 02:16 PM »
NEVER SAID IT WAS LIKE MAUMEE...or even close, 
just reminding the non combat crowd that the options are around, close to home.  plus we are 6 fish here..
and I left out FT wayne on purpose... it doesn't count if on the DO NOT EAT LIST lol. 
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #64 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:11 AM »
NEVER SAID IT WAS LIKE MAUMEE...or even close, 
just reminding the non combat crowd that the options are around, close to home.  plus we are 6 fish here..
and I left out FT wayne on purpose... it doesn't count if on the DO NOT EAT LIST lol.
Hey the Ft Wayne rivers are awesome........ask Mayor Henry ::)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Yeah, I still remember when they discovered a few years back that one of the largest contribution of waste in the river was coming from the resident waterfowl population.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #66 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:34 AM »
yes, we need some major goose reductions around here. lol

whats really funny is how people view the fishing.  they wont eat fish from the river, but they will feed those same toxic tens to their children from the big lake.  :-\   seems funny how most, if not all, the rivers feeding erie have consumption advisories on them, yet the lake is magically safe to most?  im betting there has been some down playing by government agencies about those big erie eyes. one Canadian study shows mercury, in fish, could actually be is on the rise. 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:38 PM »
 Catch what you can where you can and fry em hard. If you start having trouble when your 80 find a pill that works. Too much worry about nothing. Yea there is good fishing around ft wayne just shake the tampons of your hook and keep casting. Don't forget your phone for a photo.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 22, 2018, 05:57 PM »
 ??? You want a photo of the tampon before I shake it off??!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 23, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Only if its a trophy.

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 23, 2018, 03:37 AM »
there is no place like the maumee

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Hey the Ft Wayne rivers are awesome........ask Mayor Henry ::)

Isn't that the mayor that asked, "What does Chicago have that we don't have" when Harvester went to Chicago?

:roflmao:

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.