Author Topic: clear childrens safety glasses  (Read 5147 times)

Offline brohymn2

• IceShanty Rookie
clear childrens safety glasses
« on: Nov 06, 2016, 06:50 AM »
hey guys

my son just turned 5 and has high functioning autism,  anyways I took him fishing 2 weeks ago and he totally slayed the walleyes on the river (I couldn't even bait my hook in a 2 hour period because he had a fish on constantly, turns out I couldn't have been happier about that though)

anyways I'm starting to push for him to come ice fishing for a few super short days to little trout lakes in the area when its relatively warm (hes a pretty tough kid and never complains about the weather but we would have one of my tents and heater blasting anyways), id have a third person with me to help for obvious reasons, but I'm really worried about a hook popping out of the hole and him getting it in the eye,  obviously ill be on him like a hawk to keep him out of the line of fire but its still something I worry about and if it happened id never hear the end of it.  so anyways when we went fishing my main rules with him were staying with daddy and he had to wear sunglasses at all time,  I'm thinking some clear safety glasses might do the trick,  anybody have thoughts on this? or alternatively know where I can get chilrens safety glasses?

thanks

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: clear childrens safety glasses
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Dick's sporting goods - kid's ski goggles.

Offline MooseKnuckleVI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2016, 10:33 AM »
amazon has a ton of choices. I'm a shop teacher and get all my safety glasses for school from amazon.

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:46 PM »
Snowboarding goggles

Offline Jstim87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Good call on the safety glasses. Hardly ever see any fishermen with any glasses on. Remember we can only regrow eyes once, than done.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2018, 04:40 AM »
  I’ve been smacked  from hooks popping out , good call  on the glasses
Discountsafetygear,com , you can get them in 4 colors

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2018, 06:36 PM »
A dad dadding  ;)

Good on you man. Hope your son has a ton of fun on the ice.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2019, 11:34 PM »
I bought a couple of pairs from Amazon this year for my kids, 4 and 6, for hiking in the woods.  They love being off trail, so I was worried about sticks in the eyes.  They love them, my son, 6 years old, wore his the rest of Christmas morning opening presents, then got out the tool bag to do some plumbing repairs.  They were cheap, I think around $10, but safety is priceless. I where mine in the woods so they want to copy me. Plus they think it is a great toy to play construction with. 

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2019, 01:56 AM »
Harbor freight maybe $5. They have clear and smoke. My son wears them weedwacking.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Harbor freight maybe $5. They have clear and smoke. My son wears them weedwacking.
I wear RX glasses so don't worry about fishing. Weed wacking is a different story. I wear a pair of glasses that have foam around the inside of the frames. wouldn't think a little piece of grass would do any harm, you would be wrong! Good dad looking out for the safety of his boys!
Keep it safe in all things! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.