The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Nelson Res  (Read 855 times)

Offline jiggn jim

• IceShanty Rookie
Nelson Res
« on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:35 PM »
New to the iceshanty but have been watching for awhile now. Pretty cool site lots of good info. thinking about heading up to Nelson Res for the tournament this weekend. Wondering if anyone has been there lately and how the fishing has been. Thinking maybe the tournaments at CF or Ackley might be good also.Let me know what you guys think and where you are all going this weekend.

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nelson Res
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Yeah I think I'm headed up to the tourney as well starting friday.  I was going to go to CF but haven't heard the best of fishing reports from friends and sports shops.  Nelson also has ice that is far more consistant than CF and plenty of northerns ;D

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nelson Res
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Last time I fished nelson I found something interesting that I'm hoping someone might know how to counter.  I have 3 Frabill Artic Ice tip-ups,  I have twelve to fourteen pound mono and then am thinking of putting on a wire leader, or I also have quite a bit of fireline of 14 and 17lb.  I'm curious to know if I should strip the mono off and put on fireline or stay with what I got and use some finesse on the pike. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.