The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beavertail  (Read 1070 times)

Offline flyfisherman83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Beavertail
« on: Jan 19, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I saw a guy fishing on bevertail pond just before dark last night.  What kind of fish does it hold? I have never fished it although it is close to my house.  Any info would be great.  Im thinkin i might give it a whirl tomorrow or monday.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Beavertail
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2008, 05:22 PM »
trout,bass,suckers

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2008, 10:29 PM »
I have caught perch in there as well. but im gona have to be honest and say all my fishing experiences there have been worthless. i thought it was really sweet bein so close to missoula and i could make it out there fast, but the fishing was always bad for me. by no means am i saying not to give it a try, im sure people catch fish out there, i just havnt. good luck and let us know what you find out!

Offline Lamnidae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:11 PM »
I've taken some really nice trout and bass out of there.  Have only caught one tiny perch in all the times I've been there.  Have also heard rumors of there being pike, but have never personally confirmed this.  There are undoubtedly some monster largemouths and cutts in there though.  Seems like something got disrupted in the food chain for the trout this fall because the fish turned into snakes -- not sure how they're doing now. 

Lamnidae

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:12 PM »
where was anyone fishing when they caught perch?ive heard there were perch there but in all the times ive fished ive never caught one?i mostly catch trout and usually just go there when i dont feel like driving.although playing around with the scuba and swimming there ive seen some nice bass and also have seen some nice trout come through the ice.years ago there used to be tons of bluegill but havent saw any recently.

Offline Lamnidae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I've caught perch on the SW end of the pond near the downed logs.  The perch are small, but the other species in there are beasts. 

Offline flyfisherman83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I need to find these beasts.  Today i went i froze and i cought zip.  Ohh well, thats not all that unusual for me.  Maybe next time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.