The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Newlan Reservoir/Hebgen  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Newlan Reservoir/Hebgen
« on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:10 AM »
So looking into trying somewhere new and Newlan and Hebgen came to mind... Has anyone out there been fishing either of these two?  Not looking for your favorite spots or anything but any advice or insight you have for me would be greatly appreciated! 
Thanks and Tight Lines!

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Newlan Reservoir/Hebgen
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:26 PM »
I have heard Hebgan has been fishing really well this year.  Guys I talked to were fishing near the dam and were icing a lot of fish.  I haven't been up there this year though.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Thanks for the info.. I think we may be trying it out tomorrow and will report back since it doesn't look like many people have been fishing it this year.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Hey thanks for the info! I was planning on going up today but when i got up at 4 am the winds were very nasty and the snow was really coming down... When we called West Yellowstone early they reported some what the same as what was happening in Bozo so we bagged it.  Probably wont have another opportunity for a while to get up there but when i do i will give a full report.  Thanks again..

Offline lschrag13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I'm heading up to Newlan next Saturday, if anyone goes this weekend please post your results and ice cond.

Thanks!   :tipup:

Offline pioneer MT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2008, 08:33 PM »
As with all trout be there before sunrise and try to make as little noise as possible. Both the dam and midway piont(as jiggy explained) are fishing well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.