Author Topic: Underwater Camera  (Read 1511 times)

Offline r3kenned

• Team IceShanty Regular
Underwater Camera
« on: Sep 01, 2022, 08:54 AM »
I have an Aqua-Vu Micro II camera I use for checking depths and scouting hole locations, it is about 10 years old and needs a new camera cord.  I am debating on spending $60 for a new cord, or $200-$400 for a brand new camera.  I would not hit the ice without a camera, but it may only be used for 10 to 15 minuets per trip.  Are the new cameras worth the money when all I am using it for is to look for weeds and depth?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Underwater Camera
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2022, 09:13 AM »
I have the same camera ..I believe AV has improved/updated camera from past models . If I were in your situation I would just replace the camera . I am not seeing to many improvements with the various other models/companies to switch up . The Micro II is a great scouting camera ...gets the most use just as you stated ..my other camera is a Micro 5...that more for set up in a flip or hub .

Not sure if your camera came with the improved holder ...but I upgraded several years back ..worth the price

https://www.aquavu.com/Micro-Revolution-Fin-Kit
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Is there a local retailer with new versions you can inspect?  Even if better than what you have it may not be worth addl money given how you use it.  I agree with kenned to get the fin if you don’t have it now. Good luck.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2022, 12:23 PM »
My opinion would be to spend the money on the new cable.  You are only using it for scouting, and not to see how the fish react to your jig or enjoyment of waiting for fish to come in.  Most cameras are north of $300.  The cameras have gotten alot better in the view that you get, but you are being asked to spend alot of money for that feature. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2022, 06:02 AM »
P/u some #18 awg wire it's thicker) a soldering kit 8.00 at Harbor Freight , and replace the cord. I'd recommend some heat shrink tubing on the over the solder joints

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2022, 09:19 AM »

There is one in WI on CL 100/ offer

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2022, 09:46 AM »
P/u some #18 awg wire it's thicker) a soldering kit 8.00 at Harbor Freight , and replace the cord. I'd recommend some heat shrink tubing on the over the solder joints

This is wired AV cord he's talking about...not electric or audio wire.

$60 for new cam.....or new unit? That's a real toss-up... ???

https://www.aquavu.com/AV-Micro-II-Replacement-Camera-Spool
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2022, 02:52 PM »
This is wired AV cord he's talking about...not electric or audio wire.

$60 for new cam.....or new unit? That's a real toss-up... ???

https://www.aquavu.com/AV-Micro-II-Replacement-Camera-Spool

I use mine to watch the movement on decoys & record em.
Can't see in pic but the camera has a few dozen toothmarks in it & this is the 2nd time I've had to shorten & repair.
Pike hit it as often as da deke

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2022, 01:01 AM »
I have an Aqua-Vu Micro II camera I use for checking depths and scouting hole locations, it is about 10 years old and needs a new camera cord.  I am debating on spending $60 for a new cord, or $200-$400 for a brand new camera.  I would not hit the ice without a camera, but it may only be used for 10 to 15 minuets per trip.  Are the new cameras worth the money when all I am using it for is to look for weeds and depth?
Recommend our EYOYO underwater fishing camera! Price cheap and works well!
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Not all who wander are Lost!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2022, 10:20 AM »
Recommend our EYOYO underwater fishing camera! Price cheap and works well!

I have the same Eyoyo and love it.
Seus

Keep'em Tight!
Not all who wander are Lost!

Offline tacklebox07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2022, 11:47 AM »
I also have the same Eyoyo camera and love it, I agree with diehard the eyoyo is not the best for hole hopping. I used it when I'm staying in one spot for some time.
A suggestion for you to consider, refurbished Aqua view, same warranty as new, less money. 
https://www.aquavu.com/aqua-vu-shop/underwater-camera-refurbished-systems

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.