Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

tub floor worn through

<< < (6/7) > >>

Uncle Al:
I didn't get out with the flip over at all last winter. I went 1 time with a buddy in his 2man, and left mine home. Ice was terrible on Saginaw Bay last year, only good for about 3 weeks. Maybe this year.

backwoodswalker:
My jet sled wore through after many years of service. I went to local thrift store and picked up a set of downhill skis. Cut them to length and deck screwed then to 2x4 set on edge. Used deck screws and fender washers to screw jet sled to the 2x4s. Worked great for 3 years now. Less than 10 bucks. Closer to 7.  Steve

MichaelAngelo:

--- Quote from: backwoodswalker on Feb 28, 2024, 04:47 PM ---My jet sled wore through after many years of service. I went to local thrift store and picked up a set of downhill skis. Cut them to length and deck screwed then to 2x4 set on edge. Used deck screws and fender washers to screw jet sled to the 2x4s. Worked great for 3 years now. Less than 10 bucks. Closer to 7.  Steve

--- End quote ---

awesome suggestion.  sounds better than the runners I was thinking of installing... maybe a bit heavier than the plastic runner kit though.  would love to see a pic.

downside I foresee is with a flip hut style shelter it won't flip over enough to hit the ground if I elevate it as much as 2x4

kmu70:
Theres lots of ideas on youtube, smitty sled, remove it from skis or there hardware that lifts up and down.

hardwater diehard:
Great read ...quick take aways ...down hill skis ...15 foot rope tied to the tips of the skis ..weight to the rear

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=103927.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version