Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Unloved Lures

(1/6) > >>

speckspotter:
The PK spoon thread got me thinking about which lures might have fallen out of favour with their owners. Which ones are currently taking space in your tackle box and never get used? Which have never lived up to their hype of being the latest trophy fish slayer? Who out there is feeling buyer's remorse for investing in unloved lures that inspire no confidence at all?

I have to concur with Ran7ger about the PK's. Heavy, ugly, and just about my last choice in any situation.

Whytie:
PK flutter spoon and Kamooki smart fish hasn't caught me a since fish under the ice or open water. But I have caught lots on PK spoons.

ran7ger:
I don't even use pk's as Christmas tree ornaments anymore...

Chubby darter was another dud but my 4 kamookis take the cake I think.  Just picked up a hyperrattle that feels like it will make the list at some point.

Like many other's I'm sure, I've got a small fortune in lures and rarely use anything other than a buckshot and a white jig head with a minnow.

Scrunt:
The last 2 years I haven’t been using PK’s very much except for the glowing wonder bread. Clam flutter spoons, Northland buckshots and coffin spoons and dinner bells have been the hot ticket.

jpicks:

--- Quote from: ran7ger on Jan 12, 2022, 11:13 AM ---I don't even use pk's as Christmas tree ornaments anymore...

Chubby darter was another dud but my 4 kamookis take the cake I think.  Just picked up a hyperrattle that feels like it will make the list at some point.

Like many other's I'm sure, I've got a small fortune in lures and rarely use anything other than a buckshot and a white jig head with a minnow.

--- End quote ---

I bought into the Kamooki hype when they came out, and couldn't catch a cold with them.  The chubby darters have always been a solid bait for me when things are getting tough.  Especially the smallest hot perch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version