Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Dewalt Battery Light Power Source

<< < (2/2)

coolasice:
be careful you don't run the battery down too far, dewalt batteries don't have a cutoff built in....  you will damage the battery making it unable to be charged if you run it too far down.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: coolasice on Jan 14, 2022, 06:23 AM ---be careful you don't run the battery down too far, dewalt batteries don't have a cutoff built in....  you will damage the battery making it unable to be charged if you run it too far down.

--- End quote ---

Oh ...I learned something today ..recently a IS member ran into that situation on his 996 w/5ah ..he said he could not even "jump" it to take a charge ..may be a differnt problem but food for thought

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=386734.msg4215937#msg4215937

coolasice:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Jan 14, 2022, 06:40 AM ---Oh ...I learned something today ..recently a IS member ran into that situation on his 996 w/5ah ..he said he could not even "jump" it to take a charge ..may be a differnt problem but food for thought

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=386734.msg4215937#msg4215937

--- End quote ---

Reading the topic, sounds like a defective battery

Even those cheap Chinese 12v adapters for the batteries wont completely turn off and will eventually drain the battery if left plugged in.  I designed a circuit i built that completely disables the output from the battery to prevent over discharging...   it's almost completed, just have to get it into a box with all the plugs I need.

fishEH:
So I did something similar. I got tired of lugging around a SLA battery just for shack lights. I already use a Milwaukee M18 battery for my auger so it only made sense to have it pull double duty.
I bought a Milwaukee battery adapter off Amazon for about $12, and a DC converter to knock it down to 12VDC. Wired it all together and tied it into a 5.1mm jack mounted in my Clam corner console. I may add a switch and a 12VDC socket to charge a phone at some point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version