The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2021-22 season  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
2021-22 season
« on: Nov 09, 2021, 12:19 AM »
The Montana forums are quiet but I know some of you have the itch. These cold temps have me craving Somme quality ice time. Hard water can’t get here soon enough for me.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: 2021-22 season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2021, 04:21 PM »
I hear you. I am in NY and we just started getting colder temps. We usually don't get on the ice until mid-December so my itch has at least 5 weeks to go. Hope you can start sooner.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2021, 04:36 PM »
waiting... was on the ice last year at this time.

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2021, 05:13 PM »
Beaver ponds are starting to ice up!  It’s a start

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Hopefully it starts getting a bit colder here, might have to travel to find ice.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2021, 07:40 PM »
Was working in the mountains today and there was ice on the puddles that didn’t thaw all day. It’s getting closer. But still don’t expect to be out before thanksgiving.

Not that I want winter to be in full force yet, I do want a good ice season this year. Only thing I wish away time for is hardwater season
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2021, 10:21 AM »
Holding res will be locked up in no time,Valley has been cold.  :tipup:
Dont ask

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2021, 12:22 AM »
Can't wait!  Last year on the last Saturday of the general hunting season I got my butt kicked, so I decided to go ice fishing on Sunday.  I don't think I'm going to have that option this year!

Offline R-K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2021, 01:33 PM »
I've got the itch BAD. I'll probably go look for waterfowl on my next days off, but I want to organize my gear, buy some salted minnows, clean up a couple reels that have drag issues, and find a replacement for my UL rod I busted the tip on last year (broke on hookset, probably damaged while transporting). Not to mention put up the big game gear, clean the carb on my outboard, sell my gas auger, sharpen the NILS, and maybe buy a drill and PistolBit or something.

Gonna be a busy few days.
Trying to stay on the right side of the ground, and the ice.

Offline Walted

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2021, 03:00 PM »
I've got the itch BAD. I'll probably go look for waterfowl on my next days off, but I want to organize my gear, buy some salted minnows, clean up a couple reels that have drag issues, and find a replacement for my UL rod I busted the tip on last year (broke on hookset, probably damaged while transporting). Not to mention put up the big game gear, clean the carb on my outboard, sell my gas auger, sharpen the NILS, and maybe buy a drill and PistolBit or something.

Gonna be a busy few days.
Do you sharpen the NILS yourself or send it in?

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2021, 03:10 PM »

Offline R-K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2021, 05:13 PM »
Do you sharpen the NILS yourself or send it in?

I'm going to send it off. I bought it from Cabela's, and it has never cut as advertised (aside from one day at Hyalite with a boatload of slush on top of the ice). Apparently I'm not the only person to have had this problem, and it's rather frustrating after watching some videos on how they're supposed to work.

I'm hoping that Frank de Luca is still sharpening them and can have it back to me before January.

Ok, the itch just got unbearable. Hoping the turnaround is only a week or two. Nice fish!
Trying to stay on the right side of the ground, and the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.