Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

Single hooks opinion

(1/5) > >>

Esox fisherman:
I hate treble hooks and have had great success with gamakatsu splitshot  /dropshot and was wond What you guys thought about using that on tip ups

RapShack:
Can't hurt to give it a try.  What don't you like about trebles?  I run small ones, #12 for eyes, usually #10 but sometimes #8 for pike.  They normally end up in the corner of the mouth and come out easy.

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: RapShack on Oct 05, 2021, 07:53 AM ---Can't hurt to give it a try.  What don't you like about trebles?  I run small ones, #12 for eyes, usually #10 but sometimes #8 for pike.  They normally end up in the corner of the mouth and come out easy.

--- End quote ---

I had an incident with a crank bait and the of the trebles caught part of my pants right near my groin
It also is a bigger pain to unhook and I tend to have problems with them

WindRiderGear:
Honestly, I like circle hooks. I may lose a few more fish, but to me a circle hook is perfect for a tip up as the way to set a circle hook is let the fish run for a bit, then just add a bit of tension. I also never gut hook a fish with a circle hook. So I say go for it.

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: WindRiderGear on Oct 05, 2021, 08:27 AM ---Honestly, I like circle hooks. I may lose a few more fish, but to me a circle hook is perfect for a tip up as the way to set a circle hook is let the fish run for a bit, then just add a bit of tension. I also never gut hook a fish with a circle hook. So I say go for it.

--- End quote ---
Personally I think I might give that a try but i just remember someone saying they didn’t have luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version