Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

portables

<< < (2/5) > >>

pjcodner:
I own a shoremaster sportsman 6x8 portable.  It folds up into a 4x6 coffin.  They have heavy canvas on them so they hold the heat in.  There are 4 good size windows that have covers on them that let alot of light in during the day.  It fishes 4 comfortably.  The best thing about it is it is over 6' tall so you can stand up if you want and the doors on each end are D shaped so you can walk in without bending over.

If you are looking for a flip over style I would check out Otter.  They are well built but they are expensive.  

Exudedude:
Check out the frabill Spped Shak XL if you want the coffin style, it will seat 4... Not sure the exact dimensions...

I own the Frabill XLTwin.. and love it.. its a pull over, only to seat 2.

BushMaster:
I have fished from several different portables and for me and my style the Otter medium with a Cabin top is the ultimate! I can either pull it by hand or with my snowmobile. It is tough enough to stand up to my 60 mile runs into the Canadian bush, pops up in seconds and is as mobile as you want.

Otters come in several different sizes, the medium is perfect because it has a similar foot print as my snowmobile and doesn't hang up in the bush.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it an eleven.

Big_Mean:
::)hello looking to buy a new shanty . got my eye on a fish trap ,but this otter sounds nice too. is there a web site? or who carries them? in northern ohio great lakes area. cabelas has built a new store in michigan,going to check there.

BushMaster:
Hello Big Mean! Check out www.otteroutdoors.com you can also find it at www.reedssports.com click on Winter fishing then click on Shelters.

Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version