Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610126 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #29040 on: Sep 25, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....so sorry to read that  :(  thoughts and prayers to MrsWS for a speedy recovery  :)

Eddie.....looking forward to your report  ;)2

TT......how is MrsTT coming along with her recovery/rehab  ???

FH4.....hope you're getting things checked off the home to do list  ;D

H2L.....good luck to you and the team tonight  :flex:

MrWW and I are selling FD raffle tickets today at the local "Barn Fest"  would have been nice if it wasn't going to rain  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29041 on: Sep 25, 2022, 06:11 AM »
46* and they say some rain later in the day.

WS, sorry to hear that Mrs. WS is under the weather, hope she is doing better today.

Lindsay brought Rocky up for an overnight with Scout. She will pick him up later today. This must be what having grandkids is like.

WW, good luck with the ticket sales.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29042 on: Sep 25, 2022, 06:57 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

52 with a high of 66 by late afternoon. The worst part of today will be high winds with gusts to over 40mph

Just a quick "Hello" before heading out the door. My wife isn't 100% but she is fine with me heading to the woods. Her sister will keep an eye on her.

WW...Best of luck with selling "Barn Fest" tickets :thumbsup:

h2l...Nothing like a grand doggie  :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

I will check in when I can

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29043 on: Sep 25, 2022, 07:24 AM »
Good morning ER's

Good Luck Marv, taking the crossbow or ?  What's the #string pull on your crossbow ?

Not a lot on my plate for today.

WW second the good luck on the barn fest sales.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29044 on: Sep 25, 2022, 08:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy ( like my head this morning, lol ) 50*, rain expected this afternoon, high in the lower 60’s today.

Marv…our best wishes with Jo this morning, hope she is feeling better today!!  :thumbsup:  Best of luck continues for the first try at Big Ben, we’ll be pulling for you!!  :thumbsup:
  H2…hope you enjoyed your visit with Rocky, best of luck to you and the team this evening racking up the points!!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hopefully the rains hold off, best of luck with the ticket sales today!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you got some much needed rest, hope you got your to do list caught up and can enjoy the day today.   :clap:
  Bud…here’s to better days ahead??  :woot: :thumbsup:
  OG..I did catch up on a story about that canoe, great stuff!!  :clap:  Find any good buys yesterday?

Meet up with my boys at 3am for our meet and greet yesterday morning and were Salmon River bound shortly after. We were pumped up, and had some great uplifting conversations for the couple of hours drive which seemed to just fly by. Upon our arrival streamside, we were greeted with temperatures in the 40’s and a really awesome looking mist coming coming off the river …it kept reminding me of that good old song by Deep Purple, Smoke On the Water!  ;D
  The area we chose was the same spot we went to last trip. There was a bigger crowd as was expected, but plenty of room for us in our area to avoid anyone if and when we hooked up. We saw more salmon moving through than last trip but still not  the numbers we had been hoping for. My sons had numerous hook ups throughout the morning, but unfortunately it was a tough go starting off with broken leaders or hooks coming unbuttoned.
  Just before getting ready to take a lunch break, I was wading my way back to our gathering spot and came upon my son Stephen who was working on a salmon that had stopped for a breather in some real shallow water, not 30 feet away from the shoreline where my grandson was sitting. I yelled for Landen to get ready, and a few casts later, FISH ON!!
  Landen made his way to Stephen, the pole was passed off and the battle was on! My son Mike ( Landen’s Dad ) grabbed the net and made it out to the water. Shortly there after, I am so proud to say, our 3rd Generation Strong 2nd Annual Salmon Trip was a success! My grandson Landen landed his first King Salmon!  :bow: :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
  It weighed in at 20.89lbs and was the biggest fish of the day!!  There was another fisherman near us that my son Mike had been conversing with telling him about our special day. Well, he hooked up shortly after and wanted to help make it a more memorable trip…he handed his rod off twice to Landen! The first fish came unbuttoned after a short battle, but the 2nd salmon was brought to the net!  :bow:  It was just a glorious trip that has so much more meaning than I can say right now…but soon will make more sense.   :bow:
  Marv, I’m going to ask a favor again and get some pictures off to you if you don’t mind?   ;D
  Off to the apple orchard today for another annual tradition with the family!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29045 on: Sep 25, 2022, 08:33 AM »
Well got some things checked off thenlist and went outnscoting for some Sandhill cranes and it looks like the spot the wife and daughter got theirs last year has them flying in good so next Saturday evening we will be set up waiting for th to fly in. Seen about 500 fly I to the spot, too bad we can only get 1 a peice. Need to shoot the rifles today and get some thi gs done in the chicken coop other than that get the winterizing stuff started here soon. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29046 on: Sep 25, 2022, 08:43 AM »
55* to start the day with a little rain. Rain is guessed until Wednesday. There was frost on a few roofs on Friday morning.

H2l The nice part of having grandkids is that you can spoil them rotten and then send them home for their parents to deal with. Maybe that will work with Rockey. ::) How are coming with your insurance and being able to get her back to her transplant doctor?

ww Hopefully you do not get too wet selling tickets today.

The wife has been doing pretty good. Saturday she thought she might have a bladder infection. She got ahold of our doctor's office. She was told to drive to a satellite office to give a urine sample. When we got there that was not how it was ordered. She had to see a doctor first. She walked out. She will talk to our doctor's nurse Monday morning so I can take her to a hospital 6 miles away instead of driving 25 miles. She has been with her doctor for 40 years. I have been with him since 2010. He is retiring at the end of the year. Now the challenge is finding a new doctor as I do not think we can stay with that office according to the gal running the show. She is pushing going to a clinic where you see a different doctor every time. No way!!!

We had a birthday celebration at the Senior Center for a woman turning 101 last Friday. She is still active and has a sharp mind. I had a good chat with her son. He had brought a full sheet cake Birthday Cake. It was all gone in short order.

Eddie It is great to hear that Landen was able to land his first King. Much better to hear that the nearby fisherman was willing to help make it more memorable for him.

FH4E. we will never be able to hunt sandhills just like doves. They will get the ability to hunt them on a state-wide ballot like they did doves which was turned down flat. I think I posted a while back about a meeting about the wetlands that I lived next to that was full of sandhills. I got into it with the head of the state Audobon society with his telling the farmers to suck up and let the sandhills destroy their corn. I finally told him to put his money where his mouth was and plant something when I found out that the Feds would let them plant a part of the wetland for their cranes. For telling him off I got a round of applause from the crowd.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29047 on: Sep 25, 2022, 10:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, I tried posting earlier but it went wherever it goes. Both of us have been sick. Negative Covid tests. Having debilitating headaches all week. I hope everyone has a great day and our prayers to those not feeling well.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29048 on: Sep 25, 2022, 04:47 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

First off thanks for the well wishes for my wife. She is feeling much better than yesterday.

BUD...My crossbows draw is 190#. It has a crank to winch it back. I use my compound until it gets too cold and my fingers don't work.

Eddie...Congratulation s to Landen :clap: :clap: :clap: what an awesome story. That's a proud moment right there  :bow: I will be very happy to post your pictures. You can send them whenever you want but I won't be able to post them until I get back home. I am actually surprised I have service now.

I had 3 trees to clear when I arrived to the shack. I gathered the 2 camera cards and looked at them. My far back stand was pretty cold this past week, only 30 pictures and most were squirrels. The stand we call "The Hill" had pretty good activity. There is another decent 10Pt visiting almost daily so I threw a stand up on a couple trails leading to the hill. That's where I am now writing this.

The winds are gusting to 40mph I am hoping the diminish as the evening hunt progresses.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29049 on: Sep 25, 2022, 08:31 PM »

Good evening everyone.

I saw 1 fork horn, and a doe with 2 fawns tonight.

Pillow time

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29050 on: Sep 25, 2022, 10:15 PM »
Good evening, felt like Fall the past two days overnight low temperature on Friday night into Saturday was 45 with Saturday seeing a high of 68 . Today the high was only 65. Prayers for those in the Canada affected by Hurricane Fiona .
Wallyworld may the rain fall have been light and a good turn out for the Barn festival allowing for a good number of raffle tickets to be sold.
Hunts2long Ihope the dogs behaved for you and had a good time playing together.
IFF may the big boat be covered and protected from any rainfall.
Eddie happy to read you were able to get Landen a chance to land a salmon and he got the fish to the net. Congratulations to him on catching the twenty pound plus King Salmon.  :clap: :thumbsup: Nice gesture by the other fisherman passing his rod with hooked salmon onto Landen to increase his catch number. May it have been a good time at the apple orchard and prices not to high. The local supermarkets her all selling apple cider for close to $9.00 dollars for a gallon. This price makes gasoline look cheap.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you were able to catch up on sleep and get some projects done around your home. Best to all of you with the crane hunting next weekend.
Tomturkey good to hear that overall your wife is having a good recovery from the surgery. may she not have a bladder infection. Best to the two of you in finding a new primary care doctor. Also best wishes to you,your son and grandson with this Fall's hunting seasons.
Icefisher-45 may the two of you be feeling better soon and the headaches end for you. Prayer said for the two of you.
Whopper Stopper glad your wife is feeling better today. nice that her sister lives close by and can keep a watch on her so you can do some hunting. Your post from a tree stand reminds me how far technology has come in the past thirty years. Best to you with the bow hunting may you get a shot at "Big Ben" or the other 10 point buck.

I did some grocery shopping earlier passed two gas stations prices continue to drop cash price at gulf down to $3.47 and Mobil is charging $3.69 for unleaded regular. a good week wished for everyone. stay safe-keep healthy. best to all fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29051 on: Sep 26, 2022, 05:06 AM »
Hello everyone.  Been a while since I have logged on but have been keeping track of all of you. 
Been a busy hot summer here and I’m glad it’s winding down..
 I will check in more..
There’s a couple other members out there I have been asked to keep an eye on..   ;)
  Everyone have a great day..
Dom
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29052 on: Sep 26, 2022, 05:13 AM »
Morning all, clear, breezy and upper 40s this morning with expected high around 65 and sunshine later.

Been a long while since I've checked in on the thread. Just been fighting a nagging sinus/head cold for a few weeks now, and starting to prep up for deer season. I haven't done any fishing at all since the beginning of the month.

Upgraded the little man from a BB gun to his first pellet rifle a couple weeks ago, so we've been doing a lot of backyard plinking when the weather has been fit. It's been really windy most days of late, though.

Not really much else going on, this head bug has just had me zapped, and between that and work I haven't really gotten much of note done. Hope you all are well, I'll have to go back and play catchup on the thread one of these days.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29053 on: Sep 26, 2022, 05:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 51*  and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Marv........My your wife be feeling a lot better this morning. :flex: She has a good sister to check in on her. :thumbsup: Good luck up
             at "The Shack" :flex:
                        Eddie.......Congratula tions to Landen. :thumbsup: :clap: It's a wonderful feeling having 3 generations together fishing. :thumbsup:
                        H2l..........Having dogs is like having grandkids at times. :roflmao: I hope they behaved? ???
                        Steve.......Saturday morning on my way to Maryland, I was traveling down I-88 and as the sun came up I could see frost on the hay fields.
             It definitely made it look like fall. :o
                        Wally........I hope the rain stayed at bay in your area. :unsure:
                        Bud..........I hope all is well for you down in Tennessee. :whistle:
                        Fish..........Sounds like you were on the right track with the crane hunting. :flex:
                        Tom.........Hopefully you and your wife can locate a new and good primary care Dr. :thumbsup:
                        My trip to Maryland was a long one, I left Saturday morning at 3:15 and got to my hotel around 11:30 to find out my reservation that I
             made through Priceline didn't get to the hotel. The woman at the desk was very obliging and got me a room. The service for my cousin's wife was
             beautiful. Then I left yesterday morning again at 3:15 for the long drive home. The cheapest gas on the whole trip was actually in Glens Falls $3.71.
                        Not much going on today.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29054 on: Sep 26, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

WS......fingers crossed the word from home is good today  ;)

Eddie.....congrats to Larsen, he set the bar pretty high on his first ever salmon  :flex: :thumbsup:  some great memories  :thumbsup: :clap:

IW.....there was frost on the ground here Saturday morning too  :icefish:  ;D

TT.....good luck on the search for a new doc   :-\

MrC.....gas in town was down to $3.55 yesterday  ;)  saw cider donuts were $8.00 for 6   :cookoo:

H2L.....grandkids/grand dogs all the same  :woot:

It was a chilly, damp day with some heavy downpours from around 11:00 until we packed up around 5:00  ::)  still quite a few people out and about looking for a bargain  :wacko:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29055 on: Sep 26, 2022, 06:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The rains have passed by but are expected to return again this afternoon. 54* and cloudy, high of 64 today.

Steve…Thank You, will pass the congratulations along to the boys who earned it!    :thumbsup:  Sadly, I never did get the chance to speak much with the other fisherman who joined in with us. I did shake his hand and let him know just how much we all appreciated his efforts making it a such memorable trip for Landen. He told me it was his pleasure and we both parted ways with a fist pump and best of luck wishes. 
  Marv…Thank You for the congratulations and update, will pass that onto the boys!  :thumbsup:  Sending our best of luck wishes to you with todays hunt, hope that other slammer is on his daily schedule today!! Will get some pictures off today. :bow:
  I-45…best wishes sent to you and your wife, hope you both are feeling better today Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Tom…Thank You, and you’re so right about the other fisherman. Have seen more than my share of both good bad moments on this river over the years, lol, all the stars lined up this trip!  ;D. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers for your wife and finding a new Dr. you’re comfortable with in the coming months.    :thumbsup:
  FH4…will be looking forward to next week’s hunting adventures!   :clap:
  Dom…you know your chair is always reserved here, always glad to see you!   :clap:  Best of luck with the fall fishing and deer season before the site start’s heating up!   :thumbsup:
  Z…way to go moving your son up to the pellet gun, one step at a time!  :clap:  Hope that lingering head cold has loosened its grips, best wishes moving forward!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…welcome back and Thank You! Glad your trip went as well as could be expected and everything worked out with your room.   :thumbsup:   Hope you have a relaxing day today!
  Wally…will be looking forward to your report, hopefully it was a good day for the raffle tickets!   :thumbsup:

We ended up taking a pass on the orchard yesterday due to weather, hopefully next weekend will be better.
  Not much planned here yet either, but that will change like the weather soon, lol.
  Cawfee’s on..
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Edit..Morning Wally, Thank You, will pass it on!  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29056 on: Sep 26, 2022, 06:42 AM »
53* and clear.

IW, glad the trip went well.

Eddie, you meet some great people while fishing.

Ice-45, hope everyone is feeling better.

WS, at least you saw some deer.

Raq, nice to see you at the table.

The team took 3 of 4 points no thanks to me. I bowled 45 pins under my avg.

Hope everyone has a great start of a new week and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29057 on: Sep 26, 2022, 07:44 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Dom...nice to see you stop in :thumbsup:

The word from home is my wife is feeling much better but now the s-i-l is feeling crappy.

Still plenty breezy, enough for the big pine I'm in to have a good sway back and forth. Tomorrow night a good freeze in the forecast, maybe they will be on the move.

A big sow with 2 cubs has been hanging around. I am expecting to bump into her one of these mornings.

So far all is quiet except for a few squirrels.

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29058 on: Sep 26, 2022, 07:50 AM »
Guess what? The guessers were right again. Another rainy day today. They are saying 10-footers on the big lake this afternoon.

Gas prices have been going back up around here. Just short of $3.90. >:(

zcmI started out my grandson with a bb gun. He was doing good with it but I had to change the target set up when I realized the bbs were bounching back at him, landing at his feet. The next gun I bought him was an Ithaca super single 20 gauge. I paid $125 for it. The 12 ga I bought years ago sold for $49 new. A 20 ga sold a few weeks ago for $216 at an auction.

Gotta feed the dogs Be back later.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #29059 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:16 AM »
Guess what? The guessers were right again. Another rainy day today. They are saying 10-footers on the big lake this afternoon.

Gas prices have been going back up around here. Just short of $3.90. >:(

zcmI started out my grandson with a bb gun. He was doing good with it but I had to change the target set up when I realized the bbs were bounching back at him, landing at his feet. The next gun I bought him was an Ithaca super single 20 gauge. I paid $125 for it. The 12 ga I bought years ago sold for $49 new. A 20 ga sold a few weeks ago for $216 at an auction.

Gotta feed the dogs Be back later.

Not to steal the thread but my first gun...after a BB...was that same 20ga. Dad bought it for me in 1967. A few years later he won a 12ga. Ithaca Buck Buster, w/ a 22"  barrel in a raffle ( $1 ). Both are from the M 66 S.S. series. I put a scope on it and used it for many, many years deer hunting. Dead nuts at 100 yards... and kicked like a mule.. That thing was the best gun I ever owned. Now my son has it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29060 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:18 AM »
tt - Our targets were ok, but he was getting more accurate than the BB gun was, so he was getting frustrated. I'll keep him on this a while, then move him up to a 22 once I think he's ready in terms of safety and shooting ability.

Also nice to be able to plink in the back yard with the air guns, which I can't do anymore with a 22. New-ish neighbors to the east of me are city transplants, so it gets their dander up.  :'(

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #29061 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:24 AM »
Im having a very hard time finding any 20 gauge sabot slugs.i ask all the shop owners why theres no stock of them and they just shrug their shoulders.last year was the same thing.the 350 legend will have to do.12 gauge sabots are everywhere but i despise shooting my scoped rem 870 in 12 gauge,scope dotted my eyes years ago and i have flinched ever since.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29062 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:28 AM »
They've been getting harder to find for several years, even before the covid ammo crunch. Imo part of it is people just gobbling up the supply, but with more and more states opening up previously shotgun only areas to rifles, the demand isn't what it used to be, so I doubt they're producing as many as they were 10-15 years ago.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #29063 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:31 AM »
They've been getting harder to find for several years, even before the covid ammo crunch. Imo part of it is people just gobbling up the supply, but with more and more states opening up previously shotgun only areas to rifles, the demand isn't what it used to be, so I doubt they're producing as many as they were 10-15 years ago.
probably going extinct like the 16 gauge did...

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29064 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Frankly, I won't be sad to see them go. I hate shooting sabots, even in 20 gauge. I'm hanging onto my slug gun and stash of sabots just in case I'm ever somewhere I need them again, but I'll be perfectly happy if that day never comes. Hard kickers both on the shoulder and the wallet.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #29065 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:44 AM »
Frankly, I won't be sad to see them go. I hate shooting sabots, even in 20 gauge. I'm hanging onto my slug gun and stash of sabots just in case I'm ever somewhere I need them again, but I'll be perfectly happy if that day never comes. Hard kickers both on the shoulder and the wallet.
i agree.almost $20 for 5 slugs.however i dont want any caliber of shotgun to go away.lol

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29066 on: Sep 26, 2022, 08:46 AM »
I see a lot of 20 gauge bird and turkey shot ammo aound here, just not many sabots.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29067 on: Sep 26, 2022, 10:57 AM »
I really have been enjoying everyone’s pictures and and Marvs videos. 
  Some good shooters good luck with one of them.  Better luck to the girls.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29068 on: Sep 26, 2022, 09:15 PM »
Good evening, cloudy sky for most of daylight hours and reached a high temperature of 68. I saw another sign of "Christmas Creep" today add from Disney promoting visiting their theme parks for the holidays.
Raquettedacker nice to see a post from you. May all be good with the family and you. Best to you with any fall fishing and hunting. Thank you for all you do as a member of the ice Shanty moderator team heading towards the busy time of year on this website.
Zcm-82 may you be able to loose the head cold by week's end. Best wished for you with son's firearms training.
Ice Wanderer happy to read the lady at front desk was able to get you a room after Priceline messed up your reservation. i hope you rested today a lot of driving to do over a couple of days.
Wallyworld I'm guessing the cider doughnuts were for sale at a farmer's market/stand.  There is on about 25 miles from my house that is probably charging the same price this year for a half dozen doughnuts. Good to read the festival was well attended in spite of the rain may you have sold many raffle tickets.
Eddie, Hopefully Mike got the gentleman's name and address so landen can send him a thank you note. May the weather this weekend be dry so you can get to the apple orchard.
Hunts2long looks like your team is doing weel so far one person has an off night and the rest of team bowls good enough for you to pick up majority of points. may you bowl your average of higher next Sunday.
Whopper Stopper good to hear your wife is recovering now may your SIL get over the bug quickly. may the winds lessen so you can get a good shot if one is presented to you. hopefully you have no problems with the sow and her cubs.
Tomturkey may the rain be done and wind ended or dropped in speed. I assume there was a small craft warning issued for the big lake with waves of that size. So far gas prices have only dropped by me I and other New York residents will see a price increase on New Years Day 2023 when the state tax break ends and we all have to pay the 15 cents per gallon state tax.
Iceassin welcome back to the thread we talk about and discuss a little of everything so i don't feel you are high jacking the thread by talking about firearms. The conversation you started helps educate a non hunter and firearm owner like me learned things from different posts on the subject here in this thread and on other parts of ice Shanty.
Dr.Speckler good to see you posting in the 9:45 again and adding your opinion on what type of rifle and shotgun you prefer to use for deer hunting.

May everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting this week .stay safe on the water and in the fields and woods.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29069 on: Sep 27, 2022, 04:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 43* and partly cloudy here. ::)
                          Raquettedacker ..........Glad to see you post, I hope you had a good summer at the greenhouse. :unsure:
                          Marv...........Hopeful ly the winds have died down and a shooter shows itself. :flex: May Jen recover as quickly as Jo did. :thumbsup:
                          H2l.............Everyo ne has an off night, but it sounds as if your team covered the low score. Good luck next week. :flex:
                          Eddie..........Hopeful ly you and the family can get out to an apple orchard this coming weekend. :unsure:
                          Wally..........Most people will weather any condition to find a bargain except a hurricane. :whistle:
                          Zcm...........Hopefull y your son will continue on the training, practice makes perfect. :flex:
                          Tom ..........Those are some big waves, but it's not uncommon on the big lakes, so said the song of the Edmond Fitzgerald. :blink:
                          Steve.........Thanks for the reminder of the gas tax ending, it's going to put a damper on my ice fishing, going to far off places. :%$#!:
                          I've had a sting of bad things, last Friday morning I got a message from my bank and wanted me to verify a check for $5,100.21.
               I called the banks fraud department to tell them that I didn't write a check for that amount. It turns out that a Felica Green, probably a false
               person altered a check of mine and used a mobile app to make a transaction. So I had to go to my branch and open a new checking account.
               Then I had to notify my auto depositors and my auto pay companies, What a hassle. Then on my trip I used a credit card and at the gas station
               someone put $151 on my card, another hassle trying to straighten that out. I would go to using cash but with my luck someone would rob me.
               Sorry for the rant but this cyber world is making it easier for people to scam people. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                          This morning I have my yearly check up at the VA, then my wife has a Dr's appointment and I have to take her dog for his rabies shot.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.