New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Moon Lake  (Read 579 times)

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
Moon Lake
« on: Feb 14, 2024, 11:40 AM »
So 4th lake was out last weekend for me and went to eaton instead but this weekend i was thinking about moon lake.  I heard there was 4" this weekend but didnt say if it was white or black or mix so looking for you hardwater fans if anyone has been on it recently and can tell the action and ice thickness.  Also thought about hitting black lake but heard the ice was thin and sketch in most places so thats why im thinking moon is a "safer" bet.  Any info would be great!!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Moon Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2024, 02:06 PM »
A lot of looks but no info so either alot of people are interested or noone wants to share the secret lol

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2024, 02:40 PM »
I was hoping to find out where Moon Lake was!

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2024, 07:30 AM »
I was hoping to find out where Moon Lake was!
Theresa, NY, north of Watertown.

Right next to Red Lake and part of the Indian River lakes system.

Used to have a blast catching hammer handle pike in there, but i know it got fished really hard with guys keeping every single legal pike they could. Havent seen many reports in the last few years.

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2024, 09:38 AM »
I had heard the same but thought i would give it a shot and see if even flagging smaller ones still fun to catch and release but cant get a decent ice report.  Someone said there was 6" last weekend but i seen a report from yesterday saying there was only 4-5 which i cant believe it didnt make more ice with the temps we had but i always spud so see what i can find out worse case if i get out and doesnt look good ill go to payne or hyde not too far away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.